Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wladimir Klitschko vs Maruisz Wach Nov. 10

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Wladimir Klitschko vs Maruisz Wach Nov. 10

Well fellas this fight is coming up and it's the first time in a long time where Wladimir Klitschko enters a fight with some adversity in his camp. The loss of Manny Steward who has been in Wlad's corner for 8 years will no doubt loom large over this fight. Jonathan Banks, a solid fighter in his own right has taken up the job of trying to fill Manny's shoes in the corner for this fight. The loss of Manny's presence and guidance in the corner is not the only thing that casts shadows over this fight, at 6'8 about 250 the undefeated Maruisz Wach casts a large shadow in his own right. Wach is one of the very few fighters (if not the only) Wladimir will step in the ring with that is bigger or the same size as the hulking Ukrainian. Wach has not tasted defeat in the professional ranks and will no doubt have victory on his mind come Saturday. Wach is big, athletic, but has yet to be tested by a proven power puncher. The biggest wins on the Giant Pole's record are: Tye Fields, Jason Gavern, Kevin McBride, Julius Long, and Jonathan Haggler. Those fighters leave a lot to be desired considering the closest Wladimir has been to any of those fighters is using Haggler as a sparring partner to prepare for the unification bout with Chagaev.

Although there is a lot to worry over with this fight, I believe it is still very hard to find Wach in the driver's seat. Wladimir Klitschko has an excellent history of boxing and should be able to cope without the skills of Manny Steward whom he will no doubt dedicate the fight to. Wladimir has been at the top of the heavyweight division for nearly a decade and no doubt has the experience, skills, and power to chop down this latest opponent.

My prediction, Wladimir Klitschko wins by KO in round 5

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs Maruisz Wach Nov. 10

Anyone still boxing in the 4th round against Tye Fields is utter toilet. Fact.

My predcition, Wladimir Klitschko wins by UD.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Klitschko TKO 10
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Anyone still boxing in the 4th round against Tye Fields is utter toilet. Fact.

My predcition, Wladimir Klitschko wins by UD.
    Julius Long lasted 7 with him....plus given the lack of big bangers Wach has been in with I think we might see a Wlad vs Ray Austin kind of ending

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

klıt ko 2

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Well fellas this fight is coming up and it's the first time in a long time where Wladimir Klitschko enters a fight with some adversity in his camp. The loss of Manny Steward who has been in Wlad's corner for 8 years will no doubt loom large over this fight. Jonathan Banks, a solid fighter in his own right has taken up the job of trying to fill Manny's shoes in the corner for this fight. The loss of Manny's presence and guidance in the corner is not the only thing that casts shadows over this fight, at 6'8 about 250 the undefeated Maruisz Wach casts a large shadow in his own right. Wach is one of the very few fighters (if not the only) Wladimir will step in the ring with that is bigger or the same size as the hulking Ukrainian. Wach has not tasted defeat in the professional ranks and will no doubt have victory on his mind come Saturday. Wach is big, athletic, but has yet to be tested by a proven power puncher. The biggest wins on the Giant Pole's record are: Tye Fields, Jason Gavern, Kevin McBride, Julius Long, and Jonathan Haggler. Those fighters leave a lot to be desired considering the closest Wladimir has been to any of those fighters is using Haggler as a sparring partner to prepare for the unification bout with Chagaev.

Although there is a lot to worry over with this fight, I believe it is still very hard to find Wach in the driver's seat. Wladimir Klitschko has an excellent history of boxing and should be able to cope without the skills of Manny Steward whom he will no doubt dedicate the fight to. Wladimir has been at the top of the heavyweight division for nearly a decade and no doubt has the experience, skills, and power to chop down this latest opponent.

My prediction, Wladimir Klitschko wins by KO in round 5
    I'll say it goes a bit longer, a 9th round TKO, because Wlady won't have Manny telling him: "you're stinking the place up, let your hands go and knock this mother-fucker out".

Also from Finland another afternoon fight in the States Saturday, Robert Helenius vs. Sherman Williams, 12 rounds, heavyweights. Sherman should end up being cannon fodder for Helenius, who wins by 7th round KO. (maybe earlier.)
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 11-06-2012 at 03:35 AM.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seriously how could he miss that chin? Throw a head shot and you'll connect.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People underestimate Wach. He's never been down as an amateur or a pro, and he fought all the best amateur HWs. Wladimir will not stop him in an early round, although he'll give him a pizza face by the late rounds I'm sure.

Prediction: Wladimir will win by late round TKO or wide decision on Saturday.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

Finally Wlady fights someone uglier then he is.

Good pic @IamInuit - Wlady looks irate, but we all know what a pussy he really is.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    People underestimate Wach. He's never been down as an amateur or a pro, and he fought all the best amateur HWs. Wladimir will not stop him in an early round, although he'll give him a pizza face by the late rounds I'm sure.

Prediction: Wladimir will win by late round TKO or wide decision on Saturday.
    I'd never heard of Wach here in the States until Wlady agreed to fight him, hopefully we'll get a competitive scrap.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

Finally Wlady fights someone uglier then he is.

Good pic @IamInuit - Wlady looks irate, but we all know what a pussy he really is.
    Bit of a different demeanor.

Photos: Klitschko Looks Up at Big Wach, Tension Erupts - Boxing News

He fights for Manny here.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll be honest, the first thing that shot made me flashback to

I don't know Wach as a pro. On paper lets keep it real...not to much to write home about, at all. This one seems to have a sell point of him being 'big'. Well thats fine and dandy...but can he fight on this stage he has yet to even approach and sponge punches in two way traffic from a pure sniper? I say he gets owned...badly. He has size, has oppurtunity and may very well have some talent waiting to be seen on a big stage but frankly I think Wlads biggest concern is he himself becoming 'bored' over his last few fights and running into a punch. Its all been his way as of late and the best thing for all of us that he asserts for a ko here.

El Kabong Guest

Apparently Mariusz Wach is closely related to former McDonald's spokesman Mac Tonight

Wach only had a 90 fight amateur career and given the strength (or lack there of) of his opponents I just don't see him as anywhere near ready for this match. I like the matchup because I think Wach is a protected fighter and I want him to get a good welcome to big time boxing. I think Wladimir will be very driven to get a good solid KO, I just hope he doesn't press too hard for it and gas out. I think Wach is there to be hit, Wach doesn't have big 1 punch power as his record will show, and I just think the guy is hopelessly outgunned.

Wladimir will win this EASILY

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maruisz Wach walks into a bar and orders a couple shots of polish vodka, the bartender brings him the drink and says: "Hey, why the long face?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

From the few videos ive seen of Wach's fights, he looks slow and awkward in comparrison to Wlad. I think Wach will get beaten to the punch from round 1 till as long as he's able to take Wlad's punishment. I think Wlad gets him around Rd 8.

Thread Information