Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Garcia loses title on the scales.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Garcia loses title on the scales.

As a fan I feel let down a bit. It was two pounds. Perhaps he was going to 130 anyway but its still unprofessional.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Garcia loses title on the scales.

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    As a fan I feel let down a bit. It was two pounds. Perhaps he was going to 130 anyway but its still unprofessional.
    I'm confused, any links?
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think it's accidental anymore. Wonder if he weighed in with that stupid huge hat on?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I don't think it's accidental anymore. Wonder if he weighed in with that stupid huge hat on?
    Does garcia have a history of missing weight? I'm fan of the guy but two pounds is still two pounds to many

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Disappointing. I liked the look of Garcia but i sounds like he might have a touch of the Guzman about him in the discipline department

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A return to same day weigh-ins would take care of this bull$#!t.
    Same day weigh-ins worked fine for over a century till the mid-80s and Dr. Flip Homansky's terrible desision to push for day before weigh-ins. Just a few years back, Flip reversed himself and would like to see a return to same-day weigh-ins because he can see he was wrong, and could not foresee how fighters would try to take advantage of this. I don't know how this educated fight-doctor couldn't foresee that; fighters are opportunistic, give them an inch, they'll take a mile.

On a same-day weigh-in, you fight in the weight class you belong in, and NOBODY dehydrates 18 lbs on a same-day weigh-in and fights for a Title that they're actually 3 weight classes above which is the norm nowadays. It's a miracle they don't land in the hospital and can fight at all after enduring such severe dehydration...

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol a horse could wear that hat.

I agree that this seems like the new normal lately when someone is going to move up. Boxers are very cognoscente of the fact that boxing fans have short memories.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    Does garcia have a history of missing weight? I'm fan of the guy but two pounds is still two pounds to many
    I think he has a couple of times, one a last minute sub and some stepping stone trinket. Also pretty sure he outweighed a shot Pastrana by at least a flyweight. Its a joke, and a bad trend now. Trinket jumping made easier complete with training wheels.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    I think he has a couple of times, one a last minute sub and some stepping stone trinket. Also pretty sure he outweighed a shot Pastrana by at least a flyweight. Its a joke, and a bad trend now. Trinket jumping made easier complete with training wheels.
    Dam that sucks if that's the case, surprised tho since this is the first I've heard of it and been following him for a few years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bradlee180 View Post
    Same day weigh-ins worked fine for over a century till the mid-80s and Dr. Flip Homansky's terrible desision to push for day before weigh-ins. Just a few years back, Flip reversed himself and would like to see a return to same-day weigh-ins because he can see he was wrong, and could not foresee how fighters would try to take advantage of this. I don't know how this educated fight-doctor couldn't foresee that; fighters are opportunistic, give them an inch, they'll take a mile.

On a same-day weigh-in, you fight in the weight class you belong in, and NOBODY dehydrates 18 lbs on a same-day weigh-in and fights for a Title that they're actually 3 weight classes above which is the norm nowadays. It's a miracle they don't land in the hospital and can fight at all after enduring such severe dehydration...
    Dehydration, especially in regards to the brain was linked to brain damage in boxing, and possibly deaths, this is why there is no same day weigh ins, personally I would like to see a reduction in the number of weight classes.

You can not lose a belt/title by being overweight, someone has to beat just my 2c

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boyla View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bradlee180 View Post

Dehydration, especially in regards to the brain was linked to brain damage in boxing, and possibly deaths, this is why there is no same day weigh ins, personally I would like to see a reduction in the number of weight classes.

You can not lose a belt/title by being overweight, someone has to beat just my 2c

If you cant make weight then don't fight at the weight you cant make. There is no evidence that a person who should be fighting at the weight suffers from same day weigh ins.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you believe being severely dehydrated to make weight leads a higher risk of brain damage who am I to argue

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I believe the only people effected adversely by same day weigh ins are those that should not be fighting at that weight. I suspect that's clear enough.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course it has a effect, but you cant stop people from doing this.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Every weight class from Jr. Lightweight to Jr. Middle can be summed up in 3 weight divisions.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Thread Information