Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: world war two

To think that there was a British Prime Minister actually talking like this to the people. That things were that way. That he talks about what will happen if we shall fall. Just seems unreal. Must have been terrifying and inspiring in equal measure.

Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WW2 was about competing interests rather than good or evil. Hitler was doing similar things in invading countries and wanting resources. Hitler would be giving Cameron high fives today whilst Putin and Stalin would be looking on giving them funny looks. Israel would drive a wedge and kick start another war. Its the banks, Adolf! Not the ordinary Jews! The EU and Britain today is Nazism by stealth.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Check this out, it's a map of the bombs that hit London - Zoom out on the map a bit and you get an idea of how heavily we were attacked

Bomb Sight - Mapping the World War 2 London Blitz Bomb Census
    Last edited by smashup; 05-12-2015 at 08:18 PM.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    What, surrendered and adopted Nazi sentiments? If it wasn't for the Brits that USA would have been mainly German anyways
    Nah, more likely French or Spanish. They both had big claims over here.

I mean just as far as your populace.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A bomb exploded once about 100-200 yards away from me. What surprised me was it didn't go 'booom' as you'd expect but instead it sounded more like a very loud pffft or bffft that lasted just a split second, like a sound of an air explosion without the 'pop', not like those in the movies where those bombs go off like boooooooom! Luckily I wasn't on a clear path but along a path dotted with small houses so I wasn't hurt but the air blast or the concussion from the explosion literally knocked me down - the force was really tremendous even at 100 yards away. Sadly, nothing was left of couple of guys who were tinkering with that bomb..
    Last edited by pacfan; 05-12-2015 at 09:43 PM.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by pacfan View Post
    A bomb exploded once about 100-200 yards away from me. What surprised me was it didn't go 'booom' as you'd expect but instead it sounded more like a very loud pffft or bffft that lasted just a split second, like a sound of an air explosion without the 'pop', not like those in the movies where those bombs go off like boooooooom! Luckily I wasn't on a clear path but along a path dotted with small houses so I wasn't hurt but the air blast or the concussion from the explosion literally knocked me down - the force was really tremendous even at 100 yards away. Sadly, nothing was left of couple of guys who were tinkering with that bomb..
    @pacfan could you explain a bit, when and under what circumstances did this happen.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Check this out, it's a map of the bombs that hit London - Zoom out on the map a bit and you get an idea of how heavily we were attacked

Bomb Sight - Mapping the World War 2 London Blitz Bomb Census
    I looked at that and all I could say was holy shit

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One reason I brought this thread up is it was just the 70th anniversary of ve day. I was reading one article about the incendiary bombing the allies did on Hamburg alone. Fourty thousand people died, most being of course civilians, and that was Hamburg alone. Terrible thing war is, bad enough soldier killing soldier but WW 2 in particular had gutrenching civilian deaths. More civilians died in the Allied bombing of Germany than Hiroshima and Nagasaki combined. Crazy shit.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    @Kirkland Laing how did that work for the many that lost their homes during the bombings. Did the government help these people rebuild or did they have to do it themselves, I imagine hundreds of thousands to millions lost their homes. The Brits showed tremendous resolve during those times. Although the US was helping with the lend lease act, I think that was the name of it, but I think we took too long to join the war, but public sentiment was against involvement.
    If it wasn't for that US aid the Brits would of gone out like the French
    Don't like beating the patriotic drum unduly but I can assure you that Britain would have never surrendered.
    Maybe not. But without the US they would of been annihilated.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

US involvment ended the war quicker, but the Reich was doomed the second operation barbarosa was planned.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We should remember and give thanks to all, who lost there lives many acts of bravery, many
    young live lost, very sad indeed 70 years has past VE Day may they never be forgotten.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by pacfan View Post
    @pacfan could you explain a bit, when and under what circumstances did this happen.
    @walrus, couple of guys here picked up a vintage WWII bomb and brought it to a local scrap shop. The shop owner bought it and had it taken apart - whooooa - by his workers when it exploded. Simple countryside folks here are still ignorant of even the simplest of matters and I bet they didn't even know that old bombs could still explode. I even doubt if they knew that it was a bomb. People there said it was a pretty big bomb so it was probably one of those bombs dropped from a bomber plane. Those are heck of a bomb and it really shook the whole neighborhood. All the nearby structures there where blown off. Grim reminder of the past war, I'd say...
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    WW2 was about competing interests rather than good or evil. Hitler was doing similar things in invading countries and wanting resources. Hitler would be giving Cameron high fives today whilst Putin and Stalin would be looking on giving them funny looks. Israel would drive a wedge and kick start another war. Its the banks, Adolf! Not the ordinary Jews! The EU and Britain today is Nazism by stealth.
    I was just letting this go but even for Miles standards does this seem a little overboard to anyone else, Miles usually doesn't surprise me anymore but this line of rationalization seems a bit overboard even for him, I think he was even sober, when he drinks he gets very nasty, this is a sober rationalizing Miles, impressive job Miles.

Thread Information