Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Roc Nation's bullshit undercards

Ward-Smith co-feature announced | Boxing News | Fightnews

Having 2 undefeated featherweights is fine, but an 8 round fight is not good enough as a chief support fight. I feel that having cards like this is robbing the fans and they should be making an effort to stack their cards more and not just make a 1 fight card. Ward vs. Smith is not only a mismatch but it is also a catchweight fight. The same thing happened with the Cotto-Geale card. Fans should not be short changed and deserve better than this. I hope Roc Nation plans to make better cards in the future or just gets out of boxing because this isn't good enough.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roc Nation's bullshit undercards

BoxRec Boxing Records

BoxRec Boxing Records

Look at the 2 cards. Just bullshit.

Mentioned
    1674 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is free on us TV? Then it is acceptable.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But they're doing something totally new with boxing. Taking it to another level. Putting on amazing shows which will blow traditional boxing shows and promoters away.

Which means in reality some illiterate rapping goon yelling obsentities into a microphone for half an hour before the main event. Do boxing fans really want to watch some moronic rapper when they're going to watch the fights? Personally I'd pay extra to not have some idiot yelling at me and I'd pay more again to watch the fucker get put in the ring with a pro fighter.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    But they're doing something totally new with boxing. Taking it to another level. Putting on amazing shows which will blow traditional boxing shows and promoters away.

Which means in reality some illiterate rapping goon yelling obsentities into a microphone for half an hour before the main event. Do boxing fans really want to watch some moronic rapper when they're going to watch the fights? Personally I'd pay extra to not have some idiot yelling at me and I'd pay more again to watch the fucker get put in the ring with a pro fighter.
    What people arnt understand is that the whole having a rapper there stuff will attract a whole other type of crowd. Tickets will sale out because people will go to watch the rapper also so it helps sell tickets IMO.
    “Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it.”
    - George Foreman

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilla2012 View Post

What people arnt understand is that the whole having a rapper there stuff will attract a whole other type of crowd. Tickets will sale out because people will go to watch the rapper also so it helps sell tickets IMO.
    That's the plan. Turn a younger demographic onto boxing. And to be fair it's a 46 year old white male complaining here. We already had this with 50 Cent and it failed miserably though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's the plan. Turn a younger demographic onto boxing. And to be fair it's a 46 year old white male complaining here. We already had this with 50 Cent and it failed miserably though.
    I'm 21 and listen to rap and I know that 50 cent is not even relevant as a rapper anymore. Jay z on the other hand has some of the top rappers signed with him also. I know for sure if my favorite rapper was doing a show along with some boxing I'd put out more for a ticket then I would for either event alone. Smart business if you ask me .
    “Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it.”
    - George Foreman

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm 21 and listen to rap and I know that 50 cent is not even relevant as a rapper anymore. Jay z on the other hand has some of the top rappers signed with him also. I know for sure if my favorite rapper was doing a show along with some boxing I'd put out more for a ticket then I would for either event alone. Smart business if you ask me .
    What about miserable old white guys who hate rap, the backbone of boxing ticket buyers for decades? They're going to be less likely to buy tickets. Now get off my lawn.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jay Z is ball sack.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm surprised more people aren't pissed about this. How would Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. in a short notice fight against a guy with a 28-9-3 record an acceptable chief support fight? Then look at the Ward fight. He's fighting Paul Smith, who scrapes the top 5 in his own country, above his weightclass away from home. Smith has no chance, so chief support should be something better than prospects fighting an 8 rounder. Fish Eyes Warren gives better value for money than that.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Ward-Smith co-feature announced | Boxing News | Fightnews

Having 2 undefeated featherweights is fine, but an 8 round fight is not good enough as a chief support fight. I feel that having cards like this is robbing the fans and they should be making an effort to stack their cards more and not just make a 1 fight card. Ward vs. Smith is not only a mismatch but it is also a catchweight fight. The same thing happened with the Cotto-Geale card. Fans should not be short changed and deserve better than this. I hope Roc Nation plans to make better cards in the future or just gets out of boxing because this isn't good enough.
    They are new. Give them a break. New and promoters are much more competitive. There really and truly is a locked market when you factor in that Top Rank and Haymon control nearly 90% of all of the top fighters. It's gonna take some time...
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    I'm surprised more people aren't pissed about this. How would Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. in a short notice fight against a guy with a 28-9-3 record an acceptable chief support fight? Then look at the Ward fight. He's fighting Paul Smith, who scrapes the top 5 in his own country, above his weightclass away from home. Smith has no chance, so chief support should be something better than prospects fighting an 8 rounder. Fish Eyes Warren gives better value for money than that.
    The problem for RN is they only have a few fighters signed. They may have one or two marquee names but those names need to fight the other champs and top dogs who are all promoted by GBP/Arum/Haymon. The last rapper who tried this signed a few names and then couldn't make fights for any of them because the big promoters aren't going to help somebody else into the market.

Thread Information