Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Couldn't care less that Floyd has retired. Hope he chokes on his corn flakes.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Couldn't care less that Floyd has retired. Hope he chokes on his corn flakes.

Anyone care?

Shows the state of boxing now that people are happy that te best fighters are retiring.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather's reputation and the money that fighters make when they fight him is what the problem is, it ended up strangling the whole weight class.

I'm more interested to see who climbs to the top now, Mayweather dominated for far too long.

And I'm a big Mayweather fan

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Couldn't care less that Floyd has retired. Hope he chokes on his corn flakes.

Some of the weight divisions can all now focus on each other instead of looking for the mayweather payday. Back to some normality at last, that's all I care about.

Best wishes to Mayweather in his new life. Plenty of adjustment and growth to be made now that boxing gyms fade from his daily routine. In fact, he's probably got another 60 years to live, so he can figure out what he wants to do.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Couldn't care less that Floyd has retired. Hope he chokes on his corn flakes.

He's going to pull a Leonard. Berto weighed 157 at fight time and Floyd looked 10 pounds heavier. Even the post fight interview seemed disingenuous. He most likely wont wait 3 years but he will be back for 50.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm sure he'll be back too! I don't think he'll be able to stay away, lol, living quietly out of the spotlight with the family isn't Floyd's style, in my opinion. I know Floyd does not intend to and never will completely shun the spotlight, but staying out of the ring when he KNOWS he can still beat the best will bring him back!
    Sometimes I think he really means to give it a try and sometimes I'm sure it's all BS.
    We'll see! I'm wrong all the time as, y'all know, but I just can't see Floyd walking away from a legacy ensuring record.
    I'm not even sure his family wants that, his children seem to enjoy the attention.

Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is no way he eats cornflakes
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His ratio $ per entertainment should mean he owes us money for the ppv fights.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd? Floyd who Patterson? Now he was a good fighter
    Keep on Punchin"
    C.J.
    Hidden Content we love C.J.Hidden Content

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Mayweather's reputation and the money that fighters make when they fight him is what the problem is, it ended up strangling the whole weight class.

I'm more interested to see who climbs to the top now, Mayweather dominated for far too long.

Agree with this.

Mayweather Jr has had the the top of the 140/147/154lb divisions in a state of virtual paralysis for the best part of a decade.

There are so many high quality matchups in the offing (especially at 147), but the top guys have all been sat by their phones for 8 years hoping that Mayweather Jr phones them up for a fight!

Even Gennady Golovkin at 160 has been waiting for a call!

If he has actually really retired (which I don't believe for a minute), the top guys can then get on with fighting each other & not worrying about Floyd Mayweather Jr.
    The legend of Drederick Tatum!Hidden Content

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Syntax Error View Post

Agree with this.

Mayweather Jr has had the the top of the 140/147/154lb divisions in a state of virtual paralysis for the best part of a decade.

There are so many high quality matchups in the offing (especially at 147), but the top guys have all been sat by their phones for 8 years hoping that Mayweather Jr phones them up for a fight!

If he has actually really retired (which I don't believe for a minute), the top guys can then get on with fighting each other & not worrying about Floyd Mayweather Jr.
    Let me understand you...You think it's Floyd's fault that the top contenders at 140/147&154 didn't fight one another...?!

How is Floyd responsible for these guys sitting around like gaping vaginas hoping he would choose to fight them?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post

Agree with this.

Let me understand you...You think it's Floyd's fault that the top contenders at 140/147&154 didn't fight one another...?!

How is Floyd responsible for these guys sitting around like gaping vaginas hoping he would choose to fight them?
    It's not his fault in a direct sense in that he's told them all to wait for an email, but the way he has conducted his career this past few years has had a definite effect.

He's been the golden goose fighter with most of the belts in his loft, so it's understandable that all the top guys would want a crack at him & might not risk taking on a tough opponent just in case it goes wrong.

With him gone, it actually opens things up a bit.
    The legend of Drederick Tatum!Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, I won't miss him too!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post

Agree with this.

It's not his fault in a direct sense in that he's told them all to wait for an email, but the way he has conducted his career this past few years has had a definite effect.

He's been the golden goose fighter with most of the belts in his loft, so it's understandable that all the top guys would want a crack at him & might not risk taking on a tough opponent just in case it goes wrong.

With him gone, it actually opens things up a bit.
    So Floyd's the scapegoat for the fighters of 4 weight classes being afraid to fight one another. HahahahHAa! You haters take things pretty far sometimes!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Little doubt in my mind that there is truth in Mayweathers presence having warped the balance of more than one division as potential opponents waited and hoped for that call.

With him gone the normal forces of competitiveness can gain momentum again.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You'll all be blaming Al Haymon next...

Thread Information