Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Amir Khan confirms talks with Pacquaio camp

September 21, 2015 3:57pm

Former world light welterweight champion Amir Khan has confirmed that negotiations are currently taking place for a potential showdown with Manny Pacquiao next year.

Khan, who shares the same influential adviser Al Haymon with Floyd Mayweather, told fighthype.com that members of his team are all on board to make the potential bout a reality.

"A fight against Manny Pacquiao would be a great event and a fight I would really want," said Khan.

"Al Haymon, who advises me and looks after my interests, also likes the fight and hopes the fight can be made. We are in negotiations with Manny's team to try to make the fight a reality."

A date is yet to be set for Pacquiao's ring return though he already instructed his promoter Bob Arum that it must be within the first quarter of 2016, before the elections. —JM Siasat/JST, GMA News

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amir Khan confirms talks with Pacquaio camp

I thought he dropped Haymon? I wont hold my breath. Interesting fight if they can get over all the humps.
    Khan looks good when hes in with southpaws but none of them fast start like this guy. Manny's wick could be getting a little short on candle so who knows. I dont see this working out to well for Khan (style wise) unless Manny has lost a couple of steps or Khan can land something heavy right off the bat.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Two of the fastest and most predictable fighters out there. Neither makes good adjustments. I can't imagine how Khan can avoid diving into a big shot. It's what he does. If he could stay at range he could do well, but it isn't who he is.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    I thought he dropped Haymon? I wont hold my breath. Interesting fight if they can get over all the humps.
    Khan looks good when hes in with southpaws but none of them fast start like this guy. Manny's wick could be getting a little short on candle so who knows. I dont see this working out to well for Khan (style wise) unless Manny has lost a couple of steps or Khan can land something heavy right off the bat.
    I keep thinking about Algieri. Who knows, like you say Manny could be slipping.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think khan would be too difficult for PAC Man after his injury, I think Manny will try and fight someone easier.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    True enough. That needs to be taken into account but that was after a brilliant performance against Devon and the let down of not getting his number called for the lottery. I think Khan is a little fragile upstairs. He probably figured after Provo and Manny the guy would have nothing left. Chris is a tough out though even though Manny pin cushioned him. That fight almost looked a little scripted but I'll put down the tin foil hat

Khan looked good against Collazo and exceptional against Alexander who are both southpaws but Manny is no counter puncher like those 2 waiting on mistakes. Khan does not like to be rushed and I'm sure that he will be at a rate he has never seen especially if Manny does not have the same tank.
    But if he can establish something right out of the gate because he's expecting it then you never know.
    He cant fight off the back foot and wont be getting off the floor 3 times like Marquez before he establishes something. I hope they can get it done. Great fight especially if Khan can make it through the first few rounds.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

According to The Sun ex world champion Khan is helping refugees in Greece. His celebrity media person is obviously not synced up with his sports media person.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

True enough. That needs to be taken into account but that was after a brilliant performance against Devon and the let down of not getting his number called for the lottery. I think Khan is a little fragile upstairs. He probably figured after Provo and Manny the guy would have nothing left. Chris is a tough out though even though Manny pin cushioned him. That fight almost looked a little scripted but I'll put down the tin foil hat

Khan looked good against Collazo and exceptional against Alexander who are both southpaws but Manny is no counter puncher like those 2 waiting on mistakes. Khan does not like to be rushed and I'm sure that he will be at a rate he has never seen especially if Manny does not have the same tank.
    But if he can establish something right out of the gate because he's expecting it then you never know.
    He cant fight off the back foot and wont be getting off the floor 3 times like Marquez before he establishes something. I hope they can get it done. Great fight especially if Khan can make it through the first few rounds.
    Now theres a fight that would of been interesting on styles Kahn / Marquez.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was hard for me to take the Alexander fight seriously. Such an awful looking event but props to Khan. I'd love to see Manny and Khan get it on. Another PPV I can waste money on. Wouldn't be an easy fight for either of these guys unless Manny comes back with power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dangerous fight for Khan

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Slick45 View Post
    Dangerous fight for Khan
    Lot of money for Khan. Will he have a stay busy fight in between

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Dangerous fight for Khan
    The stay busy fight should be Kell Brooks.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post

Now theres a fight that would of been interesting on styles Kahn / Marquez.
    That would be interesting even though Marquez would be stretching it a bit thin. Personally I thought he should have retired after boarding Manny.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Dangerous fight for Khan
    Would be good but I can't see him taking that chance

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Dangerous fight for Khan
    Would be good but I can't see him taking that chance
    I know I was being sarcastic. Khan would beat JMM.

Thread Information