Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
I'm giving Saunders the benefit of the doubt here. He's as aware as anybody that he's probably not the best ever middleweight champion and that there's a good chance of him losing when he fights one of the top lads so he's after maximising the money the belt will earn him. It's a short career, you're a long time retired etc etc. What would you do if you were him?
i would capitalise on being Champion and actually fight and defend my title. Talk about "maximising his earnings", well surely you can only do that if you actually fight?
He's been champion a year and hasn't defended it. He pulled out of a defence with a "minor hand injury that he did while having a wank!", apart from that, nothing.
You don't fight, you don't earn!
I don't think he's expecting to hang on to his title for very long. He's looking for the biggest payday he can get. He can always fight Eubank later on, he doesn't need a title to earn out of that one.
That is very short term view, BJS is young and can easily make easy defences to earn money rather than cash out.