Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
I'd take Leonard against Valuev simply because he is so very much better at boxing. I don't think Valuev could lay a glove on him.

If Eric cares to start naming fighters that moved down in weight with great success I'll name 10 for every 1 he named that moved up in weight with great success

Sasquatch would have 36 minutes in which to simply swing those long tree trunks of his, and land anywhere on Leonard. Head, body, arms, whatever.
Put them in a small ring, and Leonard stands little to no chance.
So not only are we handicapping Leonard on size we are handicapping him with a small ring too? Any other handicaps the big guy needs?

Ok.... put them on a football field for all I care. For Leonard to win, he has to land something. To land something, he has to come within reach of Sasquatch. Unless Leonard's allowed to throw stuff, which I guess he wouldn't be. Point is..... Valuev would win..... thereby "proving" eric's "brilliant" point that bigger boxers are the better boxers.
Valuev is slow as dirt. Move left, when Valuev adjusts move right. Now he can't punch. Get in and get out. His slow feet and slow punches would give Leonard time. Rinse and repeat.

Sort of like a hummingbird and a grizzly? Like that you mean?
What's the point here?

Remove Sasquatch is he's too slow for you, and substitute any other mediocre heavyweight against Leonard.
Leonard will still be 20 times the boxer the heavyweight is, but will lose..... thus appearing to prove Eric's asinine point about bigger boxers being better boxers.