Thread: The Blueprint to beat Broner.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Blueprint to beat Broner.

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    To be honest he's been in with Rees and Paulie. Neither can really dig and neither are really natural Welters. Broner was as active as he needed to be to win the fight. Once the level of opposition improves, so will Broner imo.

I don't like the guy but he fought this way against Rees and Paulie purely because he didn't respect them. That kind of mindset might catch up with him eventually, but for now, there's still no blueprint. That said, he could simply get stretched out by some of the 140's/147's out there - but something tells me Broner has many more levels to go to.
    Good to see somebody with some sense.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No offense guys but I don't believe the "he didn't try because he was always going to win" stuff you're spewing.

He barely won the Paulie fight, one judge gave it to Paulie and you can make a case for that, I had Broner up by 1 round and tbh he should have been deducted points.

This whole "he'll try when he has to" is bullshit.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Thats really putting lipstick on a pig and assuming alot. Have you seen fights others have missed?
    I don't remember him doing it with anyone else. Did he do it with Ponce De Leon? I can't remember him doing it to that degree with anyone besides Paulie and Rees.

Fans can view what they want and judge accordingly, sure. If you want to look at a guy with 27 fights, and assume he'll always fight the way he did in 2 of those 27 fights, be my guest. There's no laws against being stupid.
    Wow. I'll just buckle up my helmet than and be over in the corner licking my pennies. So by that thinking we're to assume he can do things at a highly effective level more so than what we've actually seen happen up to this point Seeing is believing.

I'm not sure what his style was with a smaller Ponce De Leon...but he better come up with a plan C if that's his "serious" face. Wasn't exactly all that convincing in that one either.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Thats really putting lipstick on a pig and assuming alot. Have you seen fights others have missed?
    I don't remember him doing it with anyone else. Did he do it with Ponce De Leon? I can't remember him doing it to that degree with anyone besides Paulie and Rees.

Fans can view what they want and judge accordingly, sure. If you want to look at a guy with 27 fights, and assume he'll always fight the way he did in 2 of those 27 fights, be my guest. There's no laws against being stupid.

No laws against being a prick either, suit yourself. Maybe you should watch the Ponce fight before you go calling good posters stupid for thinking less of him than you do. Perhaps Broner is indeed an almighty shapeshifter who will reinvent himself for every fight, that's probably alot more likely than him having any holes in his game huh. It's not as if he has a fairly distinct style or anything I'm sure if he ever fights anyone who truly bothers him, he'll start moving laterally like no other, maybe then he'll do a double backflip superman punch and decapitate him before dissapearing in a cloud of black smoke!

I think as much as people do tend to criticize his boxing unfairly based on him being a clown, you are perhaps overcompensating the other way in order to validate your own hangups here.

jon09 Guest

If Paulie had power then he would have knocked out that arrogant douche early in my opinion. I think the Ghost would beat him the way he beat Berto. Broner's arrogance will be his undoing.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm actually getting Bronered out. He's going to be another one of these guys that will be judged on a completely different scale then anybody else because he's a twat. This is going to be my last comment on Broner world because that planet is flat. So after this windy response I plan to be on a Bronercott until an actual fight is announced.

For many of those claiming to have the blue print to beating this guy you sure do manage to ignore a fair amount. It should not have surprised anyone that Paulie looked good early. Many of us said he would and that his speed and movement would cause Broner problems. Dam we all talked about his wide flat footed stance prior to Demarco. You can’t discount the fact that Rees and Paulie could not hurt him and that he knew it going in. Furthermore, you can’t discount both of their desires to put on a show and give the best they can in a fight that they knew they were over-matched in. It’s the reason we get some upsets.

Broner is a meticulous slow starter as he gathers distance and then timing it. He started pretty fast cause he had to and there was some real bad blood. He seemed after the ko which is not like him. There was some grudge in this and if you ask a prize fighter there is a different approach however subtle to a fight when you genuinely dislike a guy. I mean shit it’s like that on the street.

Let’s not forget that he is just 23 years old, jumped two weight classes and went to the guy’s back yard. So being a little sluggish should not have surprised anyone either given Paulies overall speed and time at the weight.

Remember Floyd/Castillo 1? There was similar talk and that was Floyd jumping one weight class and fighting the champion at his house not Castillo's. A less then stellar performance by the Oscar replacement. Then the second fight happened. Point is Broner has barely gotten his feet wet. He's just so annoying that it feels like he's been around for ten years.

@Rantcatrat talked about the possibility of Broner getting to much credit after he smashed Paulie and well whats happened here is the polar opposite. He now gets no credit because he struggled a bit and every reason for that struggling is simply dismissed out of hand by what appears to be his legion of haters across the boxing inter-web. I simply do not take to much from this fight pro or con. He's got an odd style and the tools with acknowledged weaknesses that given the wrong opponent could cause him grief and Paulie showed in spurts but that's only part of the puzzle.

For the record on these seven hypothetical fights. That’s if he stays at 147. I presume Rios will stay there after Manny.

Khan-Stands to straight up and goes straight back and generally fights to stupid in order to have a shot never mind what appears to be a screen door for a chin.
    JMM- Broner most likely has a good shot at this point. The timing of Marquez is probably about to begin a slide and that could prove disastrous in this fight and generally for Marquez as a counter puncher. Quite possibly a cure for insomnia.
    Bradley- Tims a solid fighter but his rinse and repeat style and come forward plod would be like a turkey shoot for Broner. The amount of sweat being knocked off Timmy's face from contact would have the ringside fans thinking they were at sea world.
    Maidana- Ditto
    Rios- Ditto
    Guerrero- I think Guerreros style and rough housing tactics give Broner problems. He’s not just some walk in and land the bomb type guy. He can mix it up.I'd bet on Broner again on an ugly points win fight.
    Alexander-Tough fight. I think Alexander has all the tools to match Broner and might get him going side to side and out from behind that shoulder.

Ps @Vendettos. I'm not sure how you call that fight close or how two of the judges did unless they factored in all the fouls being called in from the announcers some real and some made up. You don't get points for shadow boxing either and hitting air or hitting the arms or shoulders no matter how effective it was for the likes of Marciano.

No more Bronerisms from me until a fight is official.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Lets look at his last 2 fights.

Gavin Rees - hit Broner numerous times until round 3, landing quick combos, but lacked the power to really trouble him, but he went forward for most of the fight and although Broner wasn't in danger at all, Rees just showed me that Broner isn't as good defensively as he thinks he is.

Paulie - Broner struggled a bit more and nothing landed solid on Paulie really, Paulies jab worked a treat and Broner looked very flat at times. The body shots landed every time Paulie threw one.

Do you think these two guys, who are not big punchers have set the blueprint on beating Broner?

I'm not the kind of person that watches fights and looks for weaknesses, but these ones jump out at me because he's supposed to be the next big thing.

Plus he didn't seem anywhere near as powerful at WW.

Now say Matthysse lands a flush shot? or Maidana lands one?

Or what if he fought Khan? I think Khan dances round him, Khan is, in my eyes the fastest hands in the division, maybe even boxing in general, and he's not entirely feather fisted, he can drop people.

Thoughts?
    The blue print is simple....match Broner with someone his own size, who is good and can punch.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

ICB Guest

Didn't Broner also get a gift decision early in his career against Fernando Quintero ? i'll have to watch that fight sometime, to see what type of style Quintero had to trouble Broner so much.

You could say arguably Broner could have 2 losses on his record right now.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Didn't Broner also get a gift decision early in his career against Fernando Quintero ? i'll have to watch that fight sometime, to see what type of style Quintero had to trouble Broner so much.

I scored the PDL fight close also.
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rees was simply goated into having false hopes! Broner felt him and knew he didn't have the power so he let Rees come forward without consequences! When Broner gaged him and then opened up on him Rees was gone!
    Paulie was very different because he was on the move all the time! I personally think Broner over hydrated and wasn't comfortable and wasn't at his best! Again when he came out of the cross-armed defense and opened up on Paulie Mags ran pretty quickly!
    I'm not a fan of cross-armed defense in the middle of ring I like it on the ropes or at close range but in the center your two handed attack is absent!
    Broner shouldn't have any problems with opponents until they decide to stay at 47, he will grow out of 35 and 40 if he hasn't all ready. At his age he's maturing quickly now so he may have grown out of weight classes now!
    People keep comparing Broner to Floyd, ridiculous! Bottom line is Floyd is a counter guy first and foremost where as Broner takes the center of the ring and dares his opponents to take it from him!
    He is offensive minded and likes to counter, when he has an agressive fighter in front of him the fireworks will begin!
    I want to see him under fire to see if he looses focus then I can get a full evaluation of him. Until then I know he has talent & skills and he's passing his tests!! Ray

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    I'm actually getting Bronered out. He's going to be another one of these guys that will be judged on a completely different scale then anybody else because he's a twat. This is going to be my last comment on Broner world because that planet is flat. So after this windy response I plan to be on a Bronercott until an actual fight is announced.

For many of those claiming to have the blue print to beating this guy you sure do manage to ignore a fair amount. It should not have surprised anyone that Paulie looked good early. Many of us said he would and that his speed and movement would cause Broner problems. Dam we all talked about his wide flat footed stance prior to Demarco. You can’t discount the fact that Rees and Paulie could not hurt him and that he knew it going in. Furthermore, you can’t discount both of their desires to put on a show and give the best they can in a fight that they knew they were over-matched in. It’s the reason we get some upsets.

Broner is a meticulous slow starter as he gathers distance and then timing it. He started pretty fast cause he had to and there was some real bad blood. He seemed after the ko which is not like him. There was some grudge in this and if you ask a prize fighter there is a different approach however subtle to a fight when you genuinely dislike a guy. I mean shit it’s like that on the street.

Let’s not forget that he is just 23 years old, jumped two weight classes and went to the guy’s back yard. So being a little sluggish should not have surprised anyone either given Paulies overall speed and time at the weight.

Remember Floyd/Castillo 1? There was similar talk and that was Floyd jumping one weight class and fighting the champion at his house not Castillo's. A less then stellar performance by the Oscar replacement. Then the second fight happened. Point is Broner has barely gotten his feet wet. He's just so annoying that it feels like he's been around for ten years.

@Rantcatrat talked about the possibility of Broner getting to much credit after he smashed Paulie and well whats happened here is the polar opposite. He now gets no credit because he struggled a bit and every reason for that struggling is simply dismissed out of hand by what appears to be his legion of haters across the boxing inter-web. I simply do not take to much from this fight pro or con. He's got an odd style and the tools with acknowledged weaknesses that given the wrong opponent could cause him grief and Paulie showed in spurts but that's only part of the puzzle.

For the record on these seven hypothetical fights. That’s if he stays at 147. I presume Rios will stay there after Manny.

Khan-Stands to straight up and goes straight back and generally fights to stupid in order to have a shot never mind what appears to be a screen door for a chin.
    JMM- Broner most likely has a good shot at this point. The timing of Marquez is probably about to begin a slide and that could prove disastrous in this fight and generally for Marquez as a counter puncher. Quite possibly a cure for insomnia.
    Bradley- Tims a solid fighter but his rinse and repeat style and come forward plod would be like a turkey shoot for Broner. The amount of sweat being knocked off Timmy's face from contact would have the ringside fans thinking they were at sea world.
    Maidana- Ditto
    Rios- Ditto
    Guerrero- I think Guerreros style and rough housing tactics give Broner problems. He’s not just some walk in and land the bomb type guy. He can mix it up.I'd bet on Broner again on an ugly points win fight.
    Alexander-Tough fight. I think Alexander has all the tools to match Broner and might get him going side to side and out from behind that shoulder.

Ps @Vendettos . I'm not sure how you call that fight close or how two of the judges did unless they factored in all the fouls being called in from the announcers some real and some made up. You don't get points for shadow boxing either and hitting air or hitting the arms or shoulders no matter how effective it was for the likes of Marciano.

No more Bronerisms from me until a fight is official.
    Fair post, my friend.

Unfortunately, I think Broner brought the hate on himself for claiming to be the next Floyd Mayweather in boxing, and wanting to face Juan Manuel Marquez and Manny Pacquiao. That kind of heady talk will get you heat if you don't walk through Paulie Malignaggi. Everyone expected this to be a break through performance, but it ended up being a tough fight for him, which surprised a lot of people. It wouldn't be a big deal for someone like say Cano, or even, Thurman, but for someone like Broner, who was touted as the next big deal, it caused a meltdown, which in my opinion, was deserved.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed.

I notice that they keep him clear of punchers recently.

He won't survive against a puncher, Paulie hit him so many times, more than any boxer should be hit after claiming to be the next Floyd.

He will lose, soon!
    You say tomato,

ICB Guest

Has anyone on here actually seen the Quintero fight ? i've heard its pretty controversial. I might watch it tomorrow to see for myself and maybe put a scorecard up here.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Has anyone on here actually seen the Quintero fight ? i've heard its pretty controversial. I might watch it tomorrow to see for myself and maybe put a scorecard up here.
    @ ICB Totally forgot we called that one here He actually sounded like an even bigger tool then, hard to imagine. The yippy was a thank God its over yippy
    http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...ht-fights.html

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed.

I notice that they keep him clear of punchers recently.

He won't survive against a puncher, Paulie hit him so many times, more than any boxer should be hit after claiming to be the next Floyd.

He will lose, soon!
    I want Randall Bailey to Mike Jones his ass.

Just land that right hand ONCE.

That's all it should take.

All it takes for most.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Thread Information