Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Brook a "quitter?"

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Been away a couple of days and just saw the fight. I'm amazed at how quickly people jump in with the "quitter" label. Brook has proven to be a warrior, and to call someone like that a "quitter" is ignorant. It's the "Roman gladiator" mentality of some. To hell with the guy's health... he took a knee because his eye was damaged and couldn't see... but he's a "quitter" anyway. What B.S.
    Armchair Rocky fans :-D

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    He did quit, but it is very understandable. What I cannot understand is a) why Brook fought Golovkin 2 weights more than his regular weight and b) why he then fought such a dangerous fighter immediately after having his eye bashed in like that? I think these have been 2 very poor decisions that have likely shortened his career. I just scratch my head trying to make sense of it.
    I cant understand it either

do you think it would have happened if brook was with a different promoter? warren maybe?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    He did quit, but it is very understandable. What I cannot understand is a) why Brook fought Golovkin 2 weights more than his regular weight and b) why he then fought such a dangerous fighter immediately after having his eye bashed in like that? I think these have been 2 very poor decisions that have likely shortened his career. I just scratch my head trying to make sense of it.

do you think it would have happened if brook was with a different promoter? warren maybe?
    Spence and the sanctioning body would not have allowed Brook to make a voluntary defence. There was no other easy option and another promoter would not have made any difference.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

Spence and the sanctioning body would not have allowed Brook to make a voluntary defence. There was no other easy option and another promoter would not have made any difference.
    what about the GGG fight, think that would have happened?

do you think warren would have had him drop 2 weight divisions after that?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brook was with Warren for years before most of you had apparently ever heard of him. Warren got rid of him, publicly stating he'd never be a champion (Brook dumped him for Eddie).

So no he wouldn't have fought Golovkin as he'd still be in leisure centres defending an international title.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Warren binned Brook because of his drug taking and constantly getting himself in trouble in his personal life, i know this because Brook trains at my brothers mates gym in Fuerterventura over in the Canary Islands.

Brooks a good fighter don't get me wrong but as his career stands at age 31 he has only beaten 2 fighters i consider good which is Jones and Porter.

Add to that 2 massive facial injuries and 2 back to back beatings and you have to wonder if Brook is done now.

Has Hearn really had Brooks best interests at heart or has he cashed in while he could?

El Kabong Guest

Kell Brook could have been a somebody (or at least bigger than he is)...not sure why he didn't get the bigger fights earlier in his career. I reckon smashie is right and he hurt his own career. That said he hasn't cheated the fans out of anything in his fights. I think he just bit off way too much fighting GGG and obviously a beating like that stays with you for the long haul.

If you get an eye, cheek, or jaw injury and your defense never improves then odds are it'll happen again and again and again.

He never should have fought GGG. I know he pressed hard for a fight vs Khan and maybe that still happens, but damn, that GGG fight put some age on him.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Kell Brook could have been a somebody (or at least bigger than he is)...not sure why he didn't get the bigger fights earlier in his career. I reckon smashie is right and he hurt his own career. That said he hasn't cheated the fans out of anything in his fights. I think he just bit off way too much fighting GGG and obviously a beating like that stays with you for the long haul.

If you get an eye, cheek, or jaw injury and your defense never improves then odds are it'll happen again and again and again.

He never should have fought GGG. I know he pressed hard for a fight vs Khan and maybe that still happens, but damn, that GGG fight put some age on him.

It's no secret at all that the majority of his "ring absence" was down to his constant fuck ups in his personal life, anyone who chooses to believe he had constant and genuine "sporting" injuries is free to do so, there's A LOT i could tell you about Brook and also a very good reason someone tried to cut his leg off with a Machete

I'm not knocking him at all as a fighter but merely stating his record as it stands peaks at a close victory over Porter which many journalists thought he lost.

He's not going down on the History books is he ffs and he will fight Khan simply because it'll kill him knowing that the names on Khans win list currently eclipse his

Khan - Collazo, Judah, Barrera, Mallignaggi, Algieri, Alexander, Maidana........

Brook - Porter
    Last edited by smashup; 05-31-2017 at 05:36 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smash, I don't think you'll get in trouble for telling stories about Brook mate, they're not secrets, it's printed all over the shop, all over podcasts, twitter, forums.

Brook got his leg cunt off cos he's a bender.

Brook is a snorting machine.

Those strories have been banded about for years, it's certainly not made him or his team shy.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Brook was with Warren for years before most of you had apparently ever heard of him. Warren got rid of him, publicly stating he'd never be a champion (Brook dumped him for Eddie).

So no he wouldn't have fought Golovkin as he'd still be in leisure centres defending an international title.
    To be fair to Warren Brook turned down several big fights Warren offered him including a world title shot. Can't remember who it was going to be against. Brook was off the rails when he was with Warren and maybe only got with the programme a bit when he signed with Hearn. The last year or so with Warren was when Frank was without TV dates so Brook had a good reason for leaving but he had plenty chances previous to that and never took them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by holmcall View Post
    I don't think so given the fact that he wanted to save his eye, but many posters on other sites are saying h is a quitter."
    From what he has displayed in the past, his courage is not a question. Self preservation and rational thinking even in a losing effort a far as I am concerned raises his stock. It was an instant decision but a rational one. Too bad they don't give out belts for courage under these conditions.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think you can call brook a quitter. With an injury like that, you know something is wrong. It can be like unlike anything you felt. (Except for brook, having already experienced it before with GGG). He only would have sustained more permanent damage and probably worse. When you're in a panic like that, even though your body is raging with with adrenaline to deal with the pain, it does nothing for the shortness of breath, and the vertigo you can experience as the swelling in the tissue surrounding your nasal cavities may start to close off your air passages and you start to breath through you mouth (hanging your jaw out there to be broken)

Whether or not the plate contributed to the injury, could have to do with who did the work. Usually the plates that people are thinking of are not what most people think. Its not some call inclusive Phantom of the Opera Shaped plate that has you looking like a mortal kombat/terminator mashup up freakshow under the skin. It more like small strip that is screwed in place bridging the break. Sometimes they may need to graft bone in order to have enough bone to anchor it to and stimulate bone growth with the implant for density. (if anyone had dental implants, its the same principle). There was a guy (Todd Fedoruk) in the NHL who Had implants on both sides after being separately smashed by two different heavyweights in 2 different incidents. He still went on to be an enforcer for a little bit before changing his game. You can see all the work done on him (light x shapes and bicycle chain Shapes) in the xray.

First plate:
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smash, I don't think you'll get in trouble for telling stories about Brook mate, they're not secrets, it's printed all over the shop, all over podcasts, twitter, forums.

Brook got his leg cunt off cos he's a bender.

Brook is a snorting machine.

Those strories have been banded about for years, it's certainly not made him or his team shy.

Dare I ask, what's a bender?"

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by holmcall View Post
    Smash, I don't think you'll get in trouble for telling stories about Brook mate, they're not secrets, it's printed all over the shop, all over podcasts, twitter, forums.Brook got his leg cunt off cos he's a bender.Brook is a snorting machine.Those strories have been banded about for years, it's certainly not made him or his team shy.
    Dare I ask, what's a bender?"
    Ha!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bender = gay. For some strange reason many people think accusing Brook of being gay is a big deal. How a fighters sexuality correlates in any way to their boxing I don't know, but still, it seems something that greatly affects the walking braindead.

Thread Information