Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Brexit Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    So seriously Beanz. No serious response from you on that one post from me, because of the "bridge thing"?

Can I surmise from this that you'd rather stay angry combative (angry is a bad word around here) constantly? Honest question.

I was kind of hoping to open some closed doors with that post, but then I've got your fucking attack dog snipping at my flanks at every turn.
    I already responded seriously twice to it and that was two times too many. "You Guys" want it all ways. You want to make everything a personal bum chum club and then to reserve the right to stick the boot in and go way over the top and get personal when people simply disagree with you. I don't care if you or Wally or Gandalf or the Penny Farthing Hipster bloke like me, because you don't really mean anything to me in any way. It is a boxing forum and there are some decent people on here, but i really don't count you lot among them or the vast majority of other posters. Look at this thread, I started it to talk about a very British subject and it is full of anyone but British posters turning it into a girly handbags at dawn duel.

I blame Trump the fucker and the ultra sensitive babyishness that is now held up as some kind of virtue. It is not, it is a retreat into adolescent behaviour. Still with the angry thing? You could not be further from the mark.

whoops forgot

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    So seriously Beanz. No serious response from you on that one post from me, because of the "bridge thing"?

Can I surmise from this that you'd rather stay angry combative (angry is a bad word around here) constantly? Honest question.

I was kind of hoping to open some closed doors with that post, but then I've got your fucking attack dog snipping at my flanks at every turn.
    I already responded seriously twice to it and that was two times too many. "You Guys" want it all ways. You want to make everything a personal bum chum club and then to reserve the right to stick the boot in and go way over the top and get personal when people simply disagree with you. I don't care if you or Wally or Gandalf or the Penny Farthing Hipster bloke like me, because you don't really mean anything to me in any way. It is a boxing forum and there are some decent people on here, but i really don't count you lot among them or the vast majority of other posters. Look at this thread, I started it to talk about a very British subject and it is full of anyone but British posters turning it into a girly handbags at dawn duel.

I blame Trump the fucker and the ultra sensitive babyishness that is now held up as some kind of virtue. It is not, it is a retreat into adolescent behaviour. Still with the angry thing? You could not be further from the mark.

whoops forgot

Actually you did NOT respond seriously to it, but if you want to claim that like all the bold-faced lies you tell you can do so as well. You're almost 50 years old, and I'm pretty sure you know what I mean by "respond". It's not throwing vitriol and catchy one-liners, continuing to (cough) non-angrily insult another person. It's dropping your guard for once in your life and attempting to engage as I'm sure you'd be obliged to do in person. Pity these keyboards don't afford us the opportunity for some genuine communication.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    So the clueless, unelected Prime minister has unsurprisingly revealed her intent to use Brexit as a cover to impose Tory ideology through the back door. So instead of removing power from the elite of the EU and carrying out her mandate to negotiate on behalf of British citizens and businesses, she has opened her dialogue with Europe by threatening to make the UK a corporate tax haven. Meanwhile Boris, the British bumbling equivalent of Twatter addicted Trump, has called anyone in Europe who does not agree with him a Nazi.Cruella de May has become so deluded that she actually believes rather than slowly dismantling social care and the NHS she is somehow an example of leadership. This from a former remainer who has 180'ed on leaving the single market and sat there as the NHS crumbles around her.So... Brexit, what do you think the realities of it will mean for you, your business, your family, your friends and/or work colleagues?Is there a plan? It's now firmly in the court of those who voted for it and yet other than cutting down on immigration there seems to be little in the way of new ideas for financial or cultural growth. It seems to have become a rush to the bottom. A little Britain in which even more services are sold to foreign multinationals and workers rights are eroded further in order to support the sponging elite.
    Two years on from this opening post and not a lot has changed
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    How is Britain under Germany's boot exactly?

Brexit: Deal essentially impossible, No 10 source says after PM-Merkel call
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49970267

What boot?
    This was Boris last week setting Germany up to take the blame in the British press for Britain being unable to make a deal. This has zero bearing on whether Britain in the EU is in any way dominated by Germany. You can't find any evidence to support the ridiculous claim you made because there isn't any.

Boris released a bunch of private details from a conversation. The details were already well known for three years now, Merkel was just restating the position of the EU 27 countries which is that Britain would have to agree to Irish demands over the Northern Ireland border if Britain wanted to make a deal. Boris eventually agreed to the Irish demands. This is an object lesson for how negotiations will eventually work out when Britain leaves. It turns out that twenty seven countries working together are much more powerful than one country. And that one small country (Ireland), historically dominated/militarily occupied by another bigger country (Britain) is now much more powerful as a member of the twenty seven than the bigger country is by itself.

It's also a textbook example of how the press in Britain, which forms public opinion, works. Look how the negotiations have been covered over the past few years. This from January 2017:

Look how accurate that was. Now Boris caved to EU/Irish demands by agreeing a border in the Irish sea, something a year ago he and May and the rest of them had said a British government could never agree to, and the press is selling this as Boris gets the deal everybody said was impossible to get.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Boris went around all of Europe's leaders even though there are negotiators that they must go through. There are 27 countries that need to agree.
    27 other countries need to agree to ALLOW Britain to implement the will of their people.

Yes indeed, no boot at all
    Nothing is stopping Britain doing anything. Britain can walk away from the EU tomorrow just by sending a letter. But then they're out of the customs union and the economy falls off a cliff. Britain is getting a divorce from the EU and the other party in this divorce, the EU countries, have a say in this too. If you got a divorce and decided you'd keep the house and assets and would transfer all the joint debt into your wife's name you would not be able to do this. Because there are contract laws and you signed a contract with your wife. Same thing here. Britainhas to negotiate a mutually acceptable resolution with the union it's breaking away from. Even the fucking idiots running the country realise they can't just walk away.

El Kabong Guest

Nothing is stopping Britain doing anything. Britain can walk away from the EU tomorrow just by sending a letter. But then they're out of the customs union and the economy falls off a cliff. Britain is getting a divorce from the EU and the other party in this divorce, the EU countries, have a say in this too. If you got a divorce and decided you'd keep the house and assets and would transfer all the joint debt into your wife's name you would not be able to do this. Because there are contract laws and you signed a contract with your wife. Same thing here. Britainhas to negotiate a mutually acceptable resolution with the union it's breaking away from. Even the fucking idiots running the country realise they can't just walk away.
    Yeah not like I'd be one to be aware of the perils of secession from a union Kirk. The main question I have is if the union is voluntary or compulsory...joining certainly seemed voluntary, but leaving....leaving seems a bit more involved now doesn't it?

At the end of the day if Germany wants to make a deal Britain will get a deal, if Germany doesn't want to make a deal then there will be no deal. It is the power of that nation in the EU which is why I mentioned Britain being under Germany's boot.....yes, indeed you are and it's not an enviable predicament in which you find yourselves.

And the more Establishment Tories (not sure what else I'd call them) were quite full of themselves and their hubris allowed for Brexit to win at the polls. Had the choice been Remain vs Brexit with a deal vs Brexit deal or not then the vote would have been split and only the mere illusion of choice given to the people. Ironically if the people press for a deal then you're sadly back at that "illusion of a choice" as Germany will offer no deal that anyone will want to accept....that boot there, that's the one you're all under and the entire nation has my empathy as I am absolutely CERTAIN the longer this drags out the more like a redheaded stepchild Britain will be treated by the EU. Politicians are quite vindictive....after a while a no deal Brexit might look like a relief, I certainly hope it doesn't come to that.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If anyone has a boot it is Ireland and DUP.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The complicit nature of Modern news media. US Breitbart US MSM despite what its defenders claim, as well as the UK MSM selling the same bigoted nonsense the Prime Minister and his tory rabble repeat. Look how clever it is in that this trope has been adopted by those repeating the same rubbish thinking, believing they have rejected the MSM. Played in such a way that they feel compelled to spread the lie on behalf of the masters they think they are exposing. The stupidly shallow and vacuous cultural marxism trope is another prime example. Xenophobia dressed up as patriotism and common sense.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/ope...5LqJ3RFiz_aCB4
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah not like I'd be one to be aware of the perils of secession from a union Kirk. The main question I have is if the union is voluntary or compulsory...joining certainly seemed voluntary, but leaving....leaving seems a bit more involved now doesn't it?

At the end of the day if Germany wants to make a deal Britain will get a deal, if Germany doesn't want to make a deal then there will be no deal. It is the power of that nation in the EU which is why I mentioned Britain being under Germany's boot.....yes, indeed you are and it's not an enviable predicament in which you find yourselves.

And the more Establishment Tories (not sure what else I'd call them) were quite full of themselves and their hubris allowed for Brexit to win at the polls. Had the choice been Remain vs Brexit with a deal vs Brexit deal or not then the vote would have been split and only the mere illusion of choice given to the people. Ironically if the people press for a deal then you're sadly back at that "illusion of a choice" as Germany will offer no deal that anyone will want to accept....that boot there, that's the one you're all under and the entire nation has my empathy as I am absolutely CERTAIN the longer this drags out the more like a redheaded stepchild Britain will be treated by the EU. Politicians are quite vindictive....after a while a no deal Brexit might look like a relief, I certainly hope it doesn't come to that.

Britain is not starting a war here Lyle, it's nothing like the treasonous actions of the confederate states. What they are doing is attempting to untangle half a century of trade, employment, contractual and various other types of laws and regulations, financial services and banking regulations, criminal/policing arrangements, recirocal arrangements for healthcare and benefits for British citizens living in the EU and vice versa and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Britain isn't negotiating with Germany, they're negotiating with the EU. Like I already explained the main point of contention so far has been Irish demands over the all-Ireland economy. The EU has supported Ireland in this. By pooling their sovereignty with twenty six other countries, by "giving up control", Ireland has emerged with total victory in a dispute with Britain for the first time in history. Once agin Lyle your claim is about divorce proceedings, you still haven't produced any evidence to show that Britain was somehow under Germany's boot when they were in the EU. We kept our own currency, our financial services industry dominated Europe leaving Frankfurt with crumbs and our commissioner ran the financial sercies laws to keep it that way. This will change dramatically when we leave. Now we'll see Frankfurt and Paris go after our financial services, ten percent of our economy.

Whether Britain leaves on WTO terms or with eventual agreement on these issues these issues still need to be resolved. It would be much easier to do this than to leave on WTO terms. Presently only Serbia, Algeria and North Korea trade with the rest of the world on WTO terms. Every other nation has a varying amount of recirocal, bilateral, trilateral, multilateral agreemtns with other countries. Unless you're a cesspit of corruption or a totalitarian state then you have no option but to trade a little sovereignty for access to foreign markets and mutually beneficial deals with other countries.

Britain is the world's fifth largest economy and has an incredibly complex array of laws and treaties with other nations which have all been subsumed by EU membership, something that has been tremendously beneficial for Britain -- just see how well negotiations go with one country lined up against twenty seven or when Britain tries to make trade agreements elsewhere. As an example a starting point for a trade agreement with Turkey would be free movement of ninety million Turks into Britain.

Walking away from every single agreement that Britain has made in the modern era, which is what would happen if they leave on WTO terms , would be absolutely catastrophic for the British economy. As it is they'll spend up to a decade trying to untangle from the EU and any resultant deal will make the country far worse off economically than staying in would have. Just wait and see what a world historic clusterfuck this turns into.

El Kabong Guest

Britain is not starting a war here Lyle, it's nothing like the treasonous actions of the confederate states.
    Well war in situations like this is never the goal, it's never the INTENT to just start a war. There are a lot of things at stake economic and political power, and so yeah while at present it's not bellicose, there's no telling where this leads if the will of the people keeps being denied. Was World War 1 a desired event? Was World War 2 sought out by all parties? Were the Napoleonic Wars something everyone was clamoring for? War is not typically the best first option in situations like this, but given the stakes at play.....I wouldn't be shocked at increasing political violence because just looking at it the optics are not the best regardless of the reporting right now you seem to have the will of the British people (Remoaners excluded) vs the greed for money and power from the EU. And as with certain historical events, the EU seeks to be punitive with Britain....The EU wishes to bring Britain to heel one way or the other and I'm just going to take a wild guess that that kind of attitude won't sit well with the Brits.......or hell what do I know maybe the British people have changed and are more open to accept Europeans as their masters.

But hey, I'm not British, go ahead have another referendum, push Remain yet again, try and split the Brexit vote to have a surefire win...knock yourselves out. See what comes from your tone deaf attitudes. I am certain you'll not only get your way, but you'll achieve a lasting peace in the process.

I'm sure you could fill several libraries with what you think you know about what caused the secession of Confederate states....and as per usual you'd be wrong in the most arrogant of ways.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Britain is not starting a war here Lyle, it's nothing like the treasonous actions of the confederate states.
    Well war in situations like this is never the goal, it's never the INTENT to just start a war. There are a lot of things at stake economic and political power, and so yeah while at present it's not bellicose, there's no telling where this leads if the will of the people keeps being denied. Was World War 1 a desired event? Was World War 2 sought out by all parties? Were the Napoleonic Wars something everyone was clamoring for? War is not typically the best first option in situations like this, but given the stakes at play.....I wouldn't be shocked at increasing political violence because just looking at it the optics are not the best regardless of the reporting right now you seem to have the will of the British people (Remoaners excluded) vs the greed for money and power from the EU. And as with certain historical events, the EU seeks to be punitive with Britain....The EU wishes to bring Britain to heel one way or the other and I'm just going to take a wild guess that that kind of attitude won't sit well with the Brits.......or hell what do I know maybe the British people have changed and are more open to accept Europeans as their masters.

But hey, I'm not British, go ahead have another referendum, push Remain yet again, try and split the Brexit vote to have a surefire win...knock yourselves out. See what comes from your tone deaf attitudes. I am certain you'll not only get your way, but you'll achieve a lasting peace in the process.

I'm sure you could fill several libraries with what you think you know about what caused the secession of Confederate states....and as per usual you'd be wrong in the most arrogant of ways.

There's not going to be a war Lyle, there's going to be a very nasty divorce and the idiots who lied to the British public during the referendum campaign ("we hold all the cards" when it comes to negotitating a free trade agreement, we'll be able to negotiate one before we leave the EU etc etc etc etc) will be given a decade long arsekicking by the EU twenty seven. Britain will get absolutely scalped in the negotiations. The British government will become less popular than the clap when the public eventually cotton on to the extent that they've been bullshitted. Just wait till the EU start picking off all the best businesses in Britain.

All you fucking weird southerners have these permanent paraniod ideas about wars starting and feelings of submissiveness/inadequacy whatever it is. Everything comes down to either there's going to be a war or you're going to be dominated by somebody much stronger than you are. You still can't make a single coherent argument about how Britain was in any way subjugated or dominated by Germany when a member of the EU, you just keep rambling on about domination and war. Fucking weirdo.

And I don't have to speculate why the traitor states seceeded Lyle, I can read their own words at the time.Just one of endless examples:

A Declaration of the Immediate Causes which Induce and Justify the Secession of the State of Mississippi from the Federal Union.

In the momentous step which our State has taken of dissolving its connection with the government of which we so long formed a part, it is but just that we should declare the prominent reasons which have induced our course.
    Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin.

https://avalon.law.yale.edu/19th_century/csa_missec.asp

El Kabong Guest

There's not going to be a war Lyle, there's going to be a very nasty divorce and the idiots who lied to the British public during the referendum campaign ("we hold all the cards" when it comes to negotitating a free trade agreement, we'll be able to negotiate one before we leave the EU etc etc etc etc) will be given a decade long arsekicking by the EU twenty seven. Britain will get absolutely scalped in the negotiations. The British government will become less popular than the clap when the public eventually cotton on to the extent that they've been bullshitted. Just wait till the EU start picking off all the best businesses in Britain.

All you fucking weird southerners have these permanent paraniod ideas about wars starting and feelings of submissiveness/inadequacy whatever it is. Everything comes down to either there's going to be a war or you're going to be dominated by somebody much stronger than you are. You still can't make a single coherent argument about how Britain was in any way subjugated or dominated by Germany when a member of the EU, you just keep rambling on about domination and war. Fucking weirdo.

And I don't have to speculate why the traitor states seceeded Lyle, I can read their own words at the time.Just one of endless examples:

A Declaration of the Immediate Causes which Induce and Justify the Secession of the State of Mississippi from the Federal Union.

In the momentous step which our State has taken of dissolving its connection with the government of which we so long formed a part, it is but just that we should declare the prominent reasons which have induced our course.
    Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin.

You seem to relish the idea that Britain will be punished. How very patriotic.

Yeah, sure, I'm paranoid about how wars start. You're so deep, so knowledgeable, and you're never ever wrong.

Try putting that declaration into a little bit of context.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wars have indeed started for less and the Irish are proof that you should respect the right to be free. If people are blocked at the ballot box and occupied, then violence is often a consequential result. Nobody wants that, but it tends to happen when democracy is ignored.

My take is that anyone who considers themselves European only has to take a plane. The road is still open and the skies are free and sometimes blue. It is all free will at the end of the day and you can either stay and accept democracy or leave in protest. You cannot stomp your feet and cry about not getting your own way after a democratic vote.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does this blow hard google warrior ever stop

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kirt is also the NOTHER poster.

Thread Information