Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  33
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: NOW can we stop the disrespect on Crawford and put him at #1 p4p?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: NOW can we stop the disrespect on Crawford and put him at #1 p4p?

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    I think his point is that the sun made up that image for their newspaper, and the ring seem to list him as canelo Alvarez on their list...not that it matters much.

Yes, The Ring lists him as Canelo Alvarez. But the fact remains at least one media outlet deems him worthy of one-name status, a lofty honor usually reserved by the consensus GOATs of their sports (Jordan, Tiger, Serena, etc).

It just adds to that "fawning factor" that Ginger carries into the ring with him and sways the judges.
    so not the ring then? i don't see the issue but i call lots of fighters by their nicknames

You're not the press.

And just a note...

I won't be getting into another interminable tit-for-tat on what is basically a personal opinion.
    no personal opinion, i just asked if the image was officially from the ring, as you were asking if the ring has catapulted ginger into one-name-celebrity status now

Yes. And I believe it was established that it wasn't The Ring, but an actual press organization that took the liberty to call Canelo only by the one name. I expressed my thoughts on that... and that was that.

Whether it's The Ring or The Sun, I couldn't care less. Someone other than an individual somehow decided to confer "one name status" on Ginger.

I believe it adds to the "fawning factor."
    okay so not the ring

By now we all know how important it is for you to have the last word... so I'll just limit myself to saying "Yes... not The Ring." Brownie points for you.

The illustration came from The Sun, which to me is even worse, since it means a supposed neutral media outlet is feeding the fanboyism that surrounds Ginger.

But yeah... "so not the ring." Feel free to have the last word.

I'm satisfied I've driven home my point.
    you were asking if the ring has catapulted ginger into one-name-celebrity status now, i asked if the image was from the ring to confirm your question of who has catapulted ginger into one-name-celebrity status now. it seems it is the sun & not the ring
    Yes... that is accurate.
    we got there in the end

Yes. I stated my opinion that it is beneath a major media outlet to confer one-name status to someone like Ginger...... and you made your point (correctly) that it wasn't The Ring who did that.

Win-win... wouldn't you say?
    no you asked if ring has catapulted ginger into one-name-celebrity status now & i asked if the image was from the ring. you told me to see a particular post. i was just asking if it was officially from the ring. turns out it wasn't. anyway i'm not sure why this is a surprise to you. i hear & read members of the boxing press refer to canelo as only canelo all the time. sometimes the nickname is catchier or easier

I'll continue to play your stupid little game, ticky.

I saw something posted on the forum and commented on it. It was a list of p4p fighters as per The Ring... and Canelo was only referred to by his nickname, which isn't even his real first name.

In your usual nit-picky fashion you went into your childish tirade of wanting to know if it in fact was the The Ring.

As a courtesy to your childish bullshit, I did the research and found that no... it was The Sun, a major publication, that had only used Canelo's nickname on the list.

Kudos to you... put a little star in your notebook.

I then stated my opinion that, whether it's The Ring or The Sun... it is unwarranted to refer to Ginger, now an exposed diva, by only one name. That honor is usually reserved by GOATs of a sport. And I gave examples.

You predictably wanted to hammer the point home that I had made a mistake, because that's what petulant, bratty little children do. So you held your breath and demanded that I admit I was wrong about The Ring.

As an adult, I admitted to my mistake... but somehow that doesn't seem to be enough for you.

Like with your asinine argument about "so called illegal guns" (they're either illegal or they're not)..... you continue to want to have the last word, or else you'll take your toys and go home.

Tell me... did you suffer a depraved childhood, that now you have this asinine need to get in the last word?

I'll be happy to give you the last word.... after I've said a couple of my own.

Fuck off.
    asking a genuine question is childish? i never thought you made a mistake. i was wanting to confirm who the image was from. you never confirmed who it was from in your reply to me, instead telling me to see another post. someone else said it was the sun before you did. you never made a mistake, you asked a question & i asked for confirmation on an image. no big deal. as for the other discussion, it's about what is wrong, illegal doesn't automatically make something wrong
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think his point is that the sun made up that image for their newspaper, and the ring seem to list him as canelo Alvarez on their list...not that it matters much.

Yes, The Ring lists him as Canelo Alvarez. But the fact remains at least one media outlet deems him worthy of one-name status, a lofty honor usually reserved by the consensus GOATs of their sports (Jordan, Tiger, Serena, etc).

It just adds to that "fawning factor" that Ginger carries into the ring with him and sways the judges.
    so not the ring then? i don't see the issue but i call lots of fighters by their nicknames

You're not the press.

And just a note...

I won't be getting into another interminable tit-for-tat on what is basically a personal opinion.
    no personal opinion, i just asked if the image was officially from the ring, as you were asking if the ring has catapulted ginger into one-name-celebrity status now

Yes. And I believe it was established that it wasn't The Ring, but an actual press organization that took the liberty to call Canelo only by the one name. I expressed my thoughts on that... and that was that.

Whether it's The Ring or The Sun, I couldn't care less. Someone other than an individual somehow decided to confer "one name status" on Ginger.

okay so not the ring

By now we all know how important it is for you to have the last word... so I'll just limit myself to saying "Yes... not The Ring." Brownie points for you.

The illustration came from The Sun, which to me is even worse, since it means a supposed neutral media outlet is feeding the fanboyism that surrounds Ginger.

you were asking if the ring has catapulted ginger into one-name-celebrity status now, i asked if the image was from the ring to confirm your question of who has catapulted ginger into one-name-celebrity status now. it seems it is the sun & not the ring
    Yes... that is accurate.
    we got there in the end

Yes. I stated my opinion that it is beneath a major media outlet to confer one-name status to someone like Ginger...... and you made your point (correctly) that it wasn't The Ring who did that.

no you asked if ring has catapulted ginger into one-name-celebrity status now & i asked if the image was from the ring. you told me to see a particular post. i was just asking if it was officially from the ring. turns out it wasn't. anyway i'm not sure why this is a surprise to you. i hear & read members of the boxing press refer to canelo as only canelo all the time. sometimes the nickname is catchier or easier

I saw something posted on the forum and commented on it. It was a list of p4p fighters as per The Ring... and Canelo was only referred to by his nickname, which isn't even his real first name.

In your usual nit-picky fashion you went into your childish tirade of wanting to know if it in fact was the The Ring.

As a courtesy to your childish bullshit, I did the research and found that no... it was The Sun, a major publication, that had only used Canelo's nickname on the list.

I then stated my opinion that, whether it's The Ring or The Sun... it is unwarranted to refer to Ginger, now an exposed diva, by only one name. That honor is usually reserved by GOATs of a sport. And I gave examples.

You predictably wanted to hammer the point home that I had made a mistake, because that's what petulant, bratty little children do. So you held your breath and demanded that I admit I was wrong about The Ring.

As an adult, I admitted to my mistake... but somehow that doesn't seem to be enough for you.

Like with your asinine argument about "so called illegal guns" (they're either illegal or they're not)..... you continue to want to have the last word, or else you'll take your toys and go home.

Tell me... did you suffer a depraved childhood, that now you have this asinine need to get in the last word?

Fuck off.
    asking a genuine question is childish? i never thought you made a mistake. i was wanting to confirm who the image was from. you never confirmed who it was from in your reply to me, instead telling me to see another post. someone else said it was the sun before you did. you never made a mistake, you asked a question & i asked for confirmation on an image. no big deal. as for the other discussion, it's about what is wrong, illegal doesn't automatically make something wrong

Ok cool, we can leave it at that. I had no way of knowing it wasn't The Ring, but it was duly noted.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd go with Inoue as number one p4p, that guy really is a monster, his left hand was great v donaire so quick accurate and powerful amazing stuff.... Although i do think Crawford is top class so if someone wants him as p4p number one then go for it...

I`d have the top two the same and in the same order as the ring though..I love usyk too.(no homo)

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're not the press.

And just a note...

okay so not the ring

Yes... that is accurate.
    we got there in the end

Fuck off.

Ok cool, we can leave it at that. I had no way of knowing it wasn't The Ring, but it was duly noted.
    i wasn't accusing you of blaming the ring, i was asking for confirmation on the image. on a similar note, most of the media refers to gennady as ggg, his nickname or loma for vasyl. i think sometimes the nickname is easier or catchier
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i wasn't accusing you of blaming the ring, i was asking for confirmation on the image. on a similar note, most of the media refers to gennady as ggg, his nickname or loma for vasyl. i think sometimes the nickname is easier or catchier

That's true. We all use the nicknames, as a matter of fact. But one thing is for you, I, or the media (in talk shows or some opinion pieces) to refer to GGG, Loma, Canelo, etc...... and it's quite another thing for a media publication to only refer to Canelo by the one name in a p4p list, regardless of whether they're doctoring a list from another source (The Ring, in this case). It's not a professional look, IMO.

That's my only point.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's true. We all use the nicknames, as a matter of fact. But one thing is for you, I, or the media (in talk shows or some opinion pieces) to refer to GGG, Loma, Canelo, etc...... and it's quite another thing for a media publication to only refer to Canelo by the one name in a p4p list, regardless of whether they're doctoring a list from another source (The Ring, in this case). It's not a professional look, IMO.

That's my only point.
    is it just the pound for pound list you have an issue with using the nickname? i seem to remember for ggg v ryota the fight posters saying ggg v murata

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's my only point.
    is it just the pound for pound list you have an issue with using the nickname? i seem to remember for ggg v ryota the fight posters saying ggg v murata

In the p4p list, Canelo was the only one with just the one name/nickname. Everyone else had their first and last names. Why the different treatment of Canelo? Even when Ginger was #1... The Sun used the one name only. So it's something The Sun is prone to do. Why?

Fight posters are pretty much publicity... and fighters will be referred to in all sorts of different ways.

I personally object to The Sun's annoying habit of treating Ginger under "one name status"... and IMO it's unprofessional. He's certainly not a GOAT... nor is he more deserving than any of the other guys on the list.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is the sun... unprofessional is sort of their game.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's my only point.

In the p4p list, Canelo was the only one with just the one name/nickname. Everyone else had their first and last names. Why the different treatment of Canelo? Even when Ginger was #1... The Sun used the one name only. So it's something The Sun is prone to do. Why?

Fight posters are pretty much publicity... and fighters will be referred to in all sorts of different ways.

I personally object to The Sun's annoying habit of treating Ginger under "one name status"... and IMO it's unprofessional. He's certainly not a GOAT... nor is he more deserving than any of the other guys on the list.
    you would have to ask the person who put together the list & images for their reasons. i wonder if when they had ggg listed if they listed him as ggg

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's my only point.

you would have to ask the person who put together the list & images for their reasons. i wonder if when they had ggg listed if they listed him as ggg

Here's a Sun listing from Nov 2019.

They listed him as Gennady Golovkin, although I see at the time they listed Ginger as Canelo Alvarez. Which technically isn't even his real name. It's Saul Alvarez. But Canelo's fine. Few would recognize him as Saul anyway.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's my only point.

They listed him as Gennady Golovkin, although I see at the time they listed Ginger as Canelo Alvarez. Which technically isn't even his real name. It's Saul Alvarez. But Canelo's fine. Few would recognize him as Saul anyway.
    He just loses names on the sun lists, give it a few more years he'll be further down the list and they'll be referring to him as "Can"....which could end up being fairly accurate

Oh no I joined the quoteathon

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's my only point.

so i can only assume it was a fanboy that put the recent image together. i think canelo alvarez is acceptable but i agree if i was putting together a list of people i would use their real names or the names they are introduced with in the ring

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If your using the names they're announced as I'm ring, imagine if Apollo Creed made the list... they'd run out of room pretty quick.

3. Apollo the Dancing destroyer, the king of sti......

There is the obvious problem of him being a dead fictional character of course.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never really thought of it but yeh that's the way he's listed in The Ring also. Guess it could be a little fawning. But we all knew the favoritism with The Ring some years ago when Fishnets got involved. Still though..absolutley no one in his corner when he was trailing badly to Bivol was calling him "Canelo". It was Saul, Saul get your head out of your arse! One thing for broadcasters and network fanboys to try and be a wanker hipster and abbreviate to nicknames. Remember they would go overboard with "JuanMa". That drove me nuts. Mans name is Saul should be listed as that.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If your using the names they're announced as I'm ring, imagine if Apollo Creed made the list... they'd run out of room pretty quick.

3. Apollo the Dancing destroyer, the king of sti......

There is the obvious problem of him being a dead fictional character of course.
    what i mean is like say jesse rodriguez, instead of his real name jesse franco. i would list him as jesse rodriguez, as that what they announce in the ring

Thread Information