https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/12/u...egy/index.html

"Derek Chauvin's defense is using these 3 arguments to try to get an acquittal in George Floyd's death"

First off, I apologize in advance. This being a CNN article and all. I know CNN is the devil incarnate... and nothing they say is accurate and unbiased.

In my defense, this appears to be an informational article, merely stating the 3 arguments being used by Chauvin's defense team. You could probably gather as much by watching the telecast of the trial.

Ok... now on to the defense arguments:

"The defense's primary argument is that Floyd's death was not due to Chauvin's actions but happened for other medical reasons. The defense has emphasized Floyd's drug use, his initial resistance to officers and his preexisting heart problems."

As a juror, I wouldn't give a flying fuck WHAT underlying conditions Floyd had. He could've been well on his way to dying the following DAY of a heart attack while lying on his bed, pumped up on drugs. The unadorned fact of the matter is that Chauvin's actions directly resulted (even as an additional factor) in Floyd's death. End of story. You don't let a murderer off the hook because his victim just happened to have a terminal illness and would've died soon anyway. It's a bullshit defense.

Next...

"This theory argues that police use of force can look horrifying on bystander video, but that it's a necessary part of the job for police officers."

Wha?? Police use of force (even resulting in death) is unattractive... but it's a necessary part of the job of police officers?? Dayam... this one's even worse than the first one. "It's ok folks. Police brutality looks terrible... but it's a necessary part of the job. Sort of a blank check, if you will. Move on... nothing to see here." More bullshit.

Next...

"A third defense theory is that bystanders who frantically called for Chauvin to get off Floyd were potential threats and distracted him from caring for Floyd."

This one's my personal favorite. Probably one of the still hazy facts and blah blah blah that @walrus is now so fond of mentioning. Unfortunately for the defense and for Chauvin, there's even a BODY CAM video pointed directly at the bystanders (presumably from one of the cops, maybe even Chauvin himself) which if anything show a lack of action (just pleading) by bystanders as a human being is being murdered right in front of their unbelieving faces.

Potential threats?? HAHAHAHAHA!! This one alone should provide a moment of levity and humor as the trial wraps up its pathetic run. Yeah... Chauvin looked really threatened as he glared back at the cell phones with that White Supremacist, smug, "WTF you gonna do about it" look on his face. His facial expressions and body language alone would be enough for me to throw the book at him.

This is all bullshit. Chauvin needs to quickly be found guilty of the most serious charges leveled against him... and the judge needs to hand out an appropriately harsh sentence. One that will send a clear message to these lousy, rotten apple, racist cops that their power trips are not welcome and will be met with the entire weight of the law.

Anything short of that would be a travesty of justice.

P.S. - blah blah blah