Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Frozen Gloves

I leave by boxing gloves in my car, and (it being Canada) the car can get pretty cold inside. Below 0 kinda cold. I was just wondering if there would be any kind of damage done to the gloves if I kept them in my car with the rest of my gym clothes...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Frozen Gloves

While I am not an expert on this subject by any means, these are a few things that you might want to keep in mind:

Any moisture in your gloves will freeze causing the water to expand. This may accelerate breakdown of the padding in your gloves as the ice expands in betweend padding cells and stretching them out. If your gloves are leather, the natural fibers and cells in the leather may be damaged causing cracking to happen sooner. If your gloves are synthetic, exposure to the cold will make the material become more brittle and, again, cause cracking to happen sooner. The only good thing I can think of about leaving your gloves in the cold is that it will retard the growth of any potentially smelly bacteria in your gloves. If it's not too much trouble, I would take the time to keep them at around room temperature.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You got a microwave? Press defrost, it works better if you throw in a cup of hot cocoa, you know the kind with the yummy marshmellows.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh, no. I don't USE them when they're frozen. I just wanted to know if it was hazardous to keep them in the car overnight. Now that I now that it is, I won't

Thread Information