Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Me hitting Pads. Any thoughts??????

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Me hitting Pads. Any thoughts??????

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Me hitting Pads. Any thoughts??????

You're telegraphing that you're going to throw a punch everytime you drop your hands from your cheeks to below your chin. This is a problem with your hand position because it's a fact that you can't punch when your hands are above your chin.

I also noticed your head is sticking out when you jab. A decent pro is going to hang a right cross on your chin if you can't tuck it into your arm. Use this analogy, when you jab imagine you're looking down the barrel of a gun. That way your opponent isn't going to just slip your jab and nail you with a cross.

You outta make your mittwork more realistic especially when it comes to footwork. Tell me what happens to the guy that just follows the other guy around throwing punches? He ends up eating a lot more punches than he throws.

For a change of perspective have your focus-mitts partner come at you, while you circle out of range and throw your shots. Work on circling, stepping in to hit, and stepping back. Also you don't want to fall into a set pattern which becomes a problem with a lot of guys that fall into these mitt routines.

If you want to get better at something, then spit it out, your partner can't read your mind. And instead of just saying that you want to work your jab or some combinations why don't you sharpen up by using set-ups and punches that set up other punches. You can have your partner throw more at you, make sure he's aiming at your head/body. He threw a couple looping punches, but you need to work on some slips too, especially at your size you're going to be slipping/weaving more than you're going to be ducking. And after you avoid the punch make sure your partner has a mitt ready so you can counter. You don't just make them miss, you gotta make em pay.

You gotta become more aware of your body, I mean the area underneath your chest. Your arm-guard position protects your cheeks while they are up there, but your solarplexus, kidneys, liver and body for the most part are vulnerable. For most of the time you also may find that you're in range of your opponents punches. I think some of this can be helped by holding your arms in and not too high, and by learning to stay out of range. You don't want to stay in range of your punches all the time that's going to get you hit, you need to practice circling and staying out of range and making your opponent lead sometimes to grant you the opportunity to land more while protecting you better.

Also while working on the bags, sparring, shadowboxing or w/e you gotta make your feet smarter, you gotta learn hit and step back, hitting while you're stepping back, and circling, this will be important as you gotta do this in your fights.

Oh yeah, and your friend needs a lesson on the proper way of using a camera, it's murder in my eyes.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yo dawg thanks for the advice. but admit tho I got Power. especially with that right hand and I got some speed too?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You posted earlier that you allegedly had your pro debut on May 10th, against the mighty 'TBA'.

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxing_fo...2512#msg542512

So, what happened?

Before you answer, I'd like to bet that it never happened.

Also, seeing as you asked for thoughts ....... I don't think you are even approaching basic competence on the pads. You are stiff and awkward, you telegraph your punches, robotic action, fundamentally flawed technique as you drop your guard while throwing, single punches and poor combinations despite clearly genuinely believing that you are a monstor for your weight. Was that Josh holding the pads?

How do you think you would do against Jax? I think he would beat you up.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

k only watched 39 seconds but here's what I saw.

Tuck your goddam chin!
    Pull your punches back straight instead of letting them pull back in a U shape.

Mostly I agree with Chris.
    Have your focus mit partner throw back at you, jabs/hooks etc so you don't get sloppy.
    Also work on changing pace. Ok so I ain't watched it all but vary your speed. Fast jab, slow jab Hard right. Paw the jab then throw it fast. Do this for all your combinations, if everything is one pace it's easier for your partner/fighter to get in to your rhythm, if you mix it up they can't read you so well.

Good luck

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Adam ..... can you find Jax's training video showing him shadowboxing and press ups etc, so that ProBoxer18 can see how a REAL man exercises?

ICB Guest

Hold on i remember this didn't he post this video like few months ago it was similar because i remember someone taking piss saying that car outside must be his mum

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

x your cruel, but honest
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Edited/removed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

o god this joker/internet warrior again, I think he is trying to make fun of us,

he can't seriously be any kind of boxer .

If you are, dont stick your chin up in the air everytime you throw a punch.

Maybe you should train with bigger heavier gloves too, might make you faster and stronger in the long run.
    Thats cricket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pro BOXER18
    Edit
    Alright homey, here's the deal. You're not good enough for a competitive amatuer bout, much less a pro fight. This is coming from a guy who was 26-1 as an amatuer. I know. Second, you must being saying some pretty abrasive s*** to have 33sc's with 40 posts. Third, drop the internet tough guy routine. I can guarantee right now, you couldn't kick my a** with Mirko CroCop's leg and Fedor pushing. Peace!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Hold on i remember this didn't he post this video like few months ago it was similar because i remember someone taking piss saying that car outside must be his mum
    This is a new video, he didnt have the headband in the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro BOXER18
    Edit
    You have not shown any improvement since the last video you posted. You are making the same mistakes, before you throw a punch you raise your hands to your forehead then lower them to your chin, then throw a punch. You dont bring your hands straight back, you drop them then bring them back. You stick your chin out there for somebody to tag it. This video is the same as the other you posted except you are wearing different clothes, you are not improving. So either your trainer has no idea what to do or you dont listen to him, either way IF you actually fight somebody that has a clue you wont stand a chance. I have been training less time than you and my coach makes me throw the same punch till I get it right. Like dropping your hands, did that the first time he corrected me and if I do it again he corrects on the spot and makes me throw it again.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not bad mate, bit of advise , be sure you DONT drop your hands before you throw your punch ,, horrible habit to get into .. vison this mate.. pretend you have a string your pulling from your eyebrow str8 out . .. keep your chin tucked. overtime It will come together and feel natural .

Your always going to be learning something new in boxing, . Don’t let your ego get in the way of your potential , I have seen many a would be fighter too big on themselves to learn anything.
    Best of luck - LG

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You got a little pop to your jab which is good, when you throw the right you just leave it low...in a fight that will get you ktfo...bring it back up right after you throw.You also look a little flat footed. Your practicing like theres not gonna be a person throwing punches back. Just my opinion.Also, for someone that hasnt won a fight as amatuer or pro, you sure talk alot of shit. You think Floyd is arrogant, look in the mirror.

Thread Information