Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I feel bad for the Floyd Mayweather haters

I've been a big fan of Floyd's since I saw him destroy Diego Corrales and I've enjoyed every second of being a huge Floyd Mayweather fan. There is no doubt in my mind that he is one of the greatest fighters to ever step into the ring. He fights like a fish swims, even most of the haters would admit that. I love his cocky attitude. I love the fact that he talks a lot of smack. I love the fact that he does what he wants to do, not what others (including the fans) want him to do. I'm just a huge fan of his.

I feel bad for the haters. I honestly do. I see your threads popping up on Saddo all the time, and I feel pity for you. You blatantly cling to moot points, twist and distort truth, and in doing so you throw whatever credibility you may have out the window. Have you haters formulated your plan of attack for after Floyd beats Cotto? Will you diminish Cotto and say he was overrated, slow, and one dimensional? Who's the next guy that Floyd will be ducking? Hopefully not Margarito again, that was just rediculous. Maybe the winner of Hopkins/Calzaghe? "If Prettyfag Floyd Gayweather thinks he's the greatest than he should fight Kelly Pavlik!!!111".

When will you people learn? Not worth compromising your credibility for a petty disliking of teh Pretty One.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I feel bad for the Floyd Mayweather haters

I have nothing against most of your post, but this statement: "I love the fact that he does what he wants to do, not what others (including the fans) want him to do."

Is exactly why many fans have turned on him. You see reason in making a thread that justifies his actions (or non actions), in an almost blinded attempt to justify your investment in him as a fan.

I am not a fan of any boxer. I am a fan of boxing and give credit to those who promote the sport in a positive light. I want to see guys who pour all their blood and sweat in an attempt at glory. Who will take on all comers to prove they are the best. Floyd was once one of those type of guys, but now he and many of his fans think he has paid his dues and he now deserves the easy street. Sorry but boxing is not an easy street game. You need to fight hard from the beginning till the end if you want my respect.

If he was a stock broker, a surgeon, a baseball player or anything else, he would have been fired long ago for being an under achiever. You cannot sit on past accomplishments forever. You cannot sit at the what you think is the top and look down, you need to keep climbing. That is what being a great athlete, or individual, is all about.
    Last edited by Deanrw; 02-23-2008 at 06:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    I've been a big fan of Floyd's since I saw him destroy Diego Corrales and I've enjoyed every second of being a huge Floyd Mayweather fan. There is no doubt in my mind that he is one of the greatest fighters to ever step into the ring. He fights like a fish swims, even most of the haters would admit that. I love his cocky attitude. I love the fact that he talks a lot of smack. I love the fact that he does what he wants to do, not what others (including the fans) want him to do. I'm just a huge fan of his.

I feel bad for the haters. I honestly do. I see your threads popping up on Saddo all the time, and I feel pity for you. You blatantly cling to moot points, twist and distort truth, and in doing so you throw whatever credibility you may have out the window. Have you haters formulated your plan of attack for after Floyd beats Cotto? Will you diminish Cotto and say he was overrated, slow, and one dimensional? Who's the next guy that Floyd will be ducking? Hopefully not Margarito again, that was just rediculous. Maybe the winner of Hopkins/Calzaghe? "If Prettyfag Floyd Gayweather thinks he's the greatest than he should fight Kelly Pavlik!!!111".

When will you people learn? Not worth compromising your credibility for a petty disliking of teh Pretty One.
    Great Post !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hate PBF but I respect his game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Deanrw View Post
    If he was a stick broker, a surgeon, a baseball player or anything else, he would have been fired long ago for being an under achiever.
    What?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd is a bit of a mixed bag for me... As soon as I saw him first fight I loved his style and abilities... For me, that is right where it's at.. Being like a sniper with your jab, and in turn never really getting hit.. In my own training I tried to mirror his technique... I still love watching every one of his fights and he is one of the most inspirational fighters to watch in the ring.. Some find him boring as far as entertainment and drama value goes during his bouts, but I love watching his skill 95% of the time..
    He's one of my favourite fighters in that respect..
    But I just can't stand the guy personally... For someone with such great talent, he could just let that speak for itself, and he'd be a true legend in my book. He's got all the talent to draw in a tonne of money for every fight, and a tonne of fans... The mouth is just completely un-needed in my opinion..
    Most people respect humbleness and Floyd just doesn't have that..

I mean, he could be different in person, he could give a lot of money to charity, be good to his fans in person etc and that would earn a lot of respect for me.

So really I have mixed feeling towards the guy... Their is contrasting reasons to like or hate the guy, and that's why so many people have an opinion on him..

I doubt anyone doesn't have respect for what he's acheived inside the ring though. If any other guy had acheived the same victories over the same people, they would be rated as a great champ without a doubt.

But their is more to boxings appeal than JUST who wins or loses fights, and people are entitled and have the freedom to judge whether they like a fighter or not, based on just about anything...

I am very glad a person like Floyd has been a part of boxing and wouldn't want it any other way.. I think he's one of the best fighters around also.. But will never be one of my personal favourites... Would he give a sh!t about that? probably not.. and I wouldn't expect him too..
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea View Post
    What?
    What?, what?, what don't you understand about this post?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've been a bitch of Floyd's since I saw him destroy Diego Corrales and I've enjoyed every second of being a huge Floyd Mayweather lover. There is no doubt in my mind that he is one of the greatest lovers to ever step into the ring. He fights like a fish swims, even most of the haters would admit that. I love his cock. I love the fact that he takes a lot of smack. I love the fact that he does what he wants to do, with me not what others (including the fans) want him to do. I'm just a huge fan of his.

I feel bad for the haters. I honestly do. I see your threads popping up on Saddo all the time, and I feel pity for you. You blatantly cling to moot points, twist and distort truth, and in doing so you throw whatever credibility you may have out the window. Have you haters formulated your plan of attack for after Floyd beats Cotto? Will you diminish Cotto and say he was overrated, slow, and one dimensional? Who's the next guy that Floyd will be sucking? Hopefully me again, that was just incredible. Maybe the winner of Hopkins/Calzaghe can suck me too? "If Prettyfag Floyd Gayweather thinks he's the greatest than he should fight Kelly Pavlik!!!111".

When will you people learn? Not worth compromising your credibility for a petty licking of teh Pretty One.
    I've made some changes to your post to more accurately reflect your "feelings". Re-read above.
    Last edited by bikersk; 02-23-2008 at 07:09 AM.
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs up Re: I feel bad for the Floyd Mayweather haters

I have nothing against most of your post, but this statement: "I love the fact that he does what he wants to do, not what others (including the fans) want him to do."

Is exactly why many fans have turned on him. You see reason in making a thread that justifies his actions (or non actions), in an almost blinded attempt to justify your investment in him as a fan.

I am not a fan of any boxer. I am a fan of boxing and give credit to those who promote the sport in a positive light. I want to see guys who pour all their blood and sweat in an attempt at glory. Who will take on all comers to prove they are the best. Floyd was once one of those type of guys, but now he and many of his fans think he has paid his dues and he now deserves the easy street. Sorry but boxing is not an easy street game. You need to fight hard from the beginning till the end if you want my respect.

If he was a stock broker, a surgeon, a baseball player or anything else, he would have been fired long ago for being an under achiever. You cannot sit on past accomplishments forever. You cannot sit at the what you think is the top and look down, you need to keep climbing. That is what being a great athlete, or individual, is all about.
    I agree with you good point friend.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Being a fan of boxing and being just a fan of a certain fighter(as you obviously are) are two completely different things. You call people haters and this and that but the reality is, he's not good for the sport.

How can a guy convince people with his mouth that he's unbeatable without ever taking the toughest challenges in the ring? He hasn't fought a worthy opponent since Zab and he's only a 5 round fighter. Before Zab he was fighting a bunch of has beens and never beens or gonna bes after moving to 140.

Not 1 defence of his title and still not stripped.

You believe the hype. Just because you were fooled doesn't mean we have to be. I don't care about his personality or anything else as long as he's proving something.

If anything, there are more Cotto haters these days scared to death to see floyd get in there and risk his 0.

I love the game and this is not supposed to be about whoever is the richest is the best. It's about whoever dares fight the best, win or lose is a real legend.

That's the reason I respect guys like Mosley, Winky and those types of guys. Not afraid to see how good they really are.
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bx730NY View Post
    Being a fan of boxing and being just a fan of a certain fighter(as you obviously are) are two completely different things. You call people haters and this and that but the reality is, he's not good for the sport.

How can a guy convince people with his mouth that he's unbeatable without ever taking the toughest challenges in the ring? He hasn't fought a worthy opponent since Zab and he's only a 5 round fighter. Before Zab he was fighting a bunch of has beens and never beens or gonna bes after moving to 140.

Not 1 defence of his title and still not stripped.

You believe the hype. Just because you were fooled doesn't mean we have to be. I don't care about his personality or anything else as long as he's proving something.

If anything, there are more Cotto haters these days scared to death to see floyd get in there and risk his 0.

I love the game and this is not supposed to be about whoever is the richest is the best. It's about whoever dares fight the best, win or lose is a real legend.

That's the reason I respect guys like Mosley, Winky and those types of guys. Not afraid to see how good they really are.
    One of the more thought-out and better expressed retorts I've seen in awhile. Some well-earned reps for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gee the only thing you left out of that post was...

"If I ever got the chance I would love to Floyd. In the meantime when me and my buddies get together and . We call each other Floyd"

The only thing of merit in that post was Floyd is a skilled fighter
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd's universally regarded as the #1 pound-for-pound fighter in the sport. Anyone who can label that as underachieving needs to re-evaluate.

Not to mention that he's smarter than plenty of stock-brokers, a better athlete than any baseball player and he makes fewer mistakes in the ring than a lot of surgeons do on the operating table.

Just because Floyd hasn't yet fought this guy or that guy that so-and-so wants him to fight, that doesn't mean he's sitting on past accomplishments. How is that even possible in a boxing ring? When he fights Oscar in September, is Floyd going to be able to beat him using his "past accomplishments?"

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ok........... it didn't let me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    ok........... it didn't let me?

Don't even worry about it. My point getting across is all I care about. You keep up the good posting as well. We need to keep that pressure up. Cotto style!
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Thread Information