Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Talk about Cotto making good use of the Jab...Antonio used it quite nicely himself

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Talk about Cotto making good use of the Jab...Antonio used it quite nicely himself

I know i'm not a big fan of Margarito but in the 5th and 6th rounds of the fight (all i've seen so far) on Saturday he made great use of his jab to keep Kermit on the back foot and get inside to pop off his combinations. Take a look..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wheC2...=3570.msg27612

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Talk about Cotto making good use of the Jab...Antonio used it quite nicely himsel

Cintron wasn't even trying to block it, that really pissed me off because it was Marg has a really slow jab, and it isn't even thrown properly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Talk about Cotto making good use of the Jab...Antonio used it quite nicely himsel

I really want add that Cintron most of times never tried to work Margarito to the body , he just tried to find a punch for KO......that was his stupidest thing that he made .........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The more I see this fight the more convince I see Cotto wining
    Cotto will test if Margarito's ribs are made from iron like his chin LOL
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Puya View Post
    How can you be excited about such a mismatch ? I guess you are the type that would get excited over faring good on a test despite being given the answers.

Wave your flag I understand !!!! But C'mon the fight was a joke and Margarito looked way more impressive. 1 more Margarito demolishing and he will steal Cotto's thunder. I want to see how Cotto fares against Cintron and Williams before anointing him god. An old light hitting Mosely and Judah ..... hahahah show me more is all I ask. Great skills on the man though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing View Post
    How can you be excited about such a mismatch ? I guess you are the type that would get excited over faring good on a test despite being given the answers.

Wave your flag I understand !!!! But C'mon the fight was a joke and Margarito looked way more impressive. 1 more Margarito demolishing and he will steal Cotto's thunder. I want to see how Cotto fares against Cintron and Williams before anointing him god. An old light hitting Mosely and Judah ..... hahahah show me more is all I ask. Great skills on the man though!

When I said "The more I see this fight" I meant the Margarito vs Cintron fight. Yes I'm convince Cotto will prevail with overall boxing ability. Cotto doesn't go to the body directly he throws a flurry to the head and the when you cover the head he then goes to the body there is where he shines
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats gonna be the key is Cotto's bodywork and Margarito's uppercut and will Cotto's usual mouth cuts hold up or will it prove to be a detriment and like Puya said are Margaritos ribs made of Iron...

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Well Puya "Costillos" will be served up that night but I think it will be Margarito serving them up. Cotto has faced few power punchers ... look how Torres fared and he is 1/2 as busy and not as good at cutting off the ring and we do not even have to mention the chin area ,,,,,,

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post
    Thats gonna be the key is Cotto's bodywork and Margarito's uppercut and will Cotto's usual mouth cuts hold up or will it prove to be a detriment and like Puya said are Margaritos ribs made of Iron...
    Are Cotto's ribs made of iron ? No, same concern applies to Cotto. Mexicans boxers are Synonomous with body shots. And Marg will try to take the starch off Cotto's punches and at the same time be fighting his type of fight.

Thread Information