Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
P4P lists are like assholes, everyones got one.

It all boils down to you what you think it should be. If you like what the Ring Mag. will do then so be it.
If not then compile your own list and stick to it.

Taeth,
After Taylor beat Hopkins twice I saw many people placing Hop still as #1 because they felt Taylor didn't beat him. Which is reasonable if you can back it up.

I have JMM as #1 and I can back it up why I think he should be #1.
I've had him beating Pac twice by a close margins bothe times and I feel that his reign as a Lightweight is much more impressive then fighting David Diaz and ODLH.

With that being said if Pac beats Hatton (which I think he will) then trust me it WILL def. make Pac #1 with no questions asked from me. But again that's just me their might be someone out there who might still think that beating Hatton is not enough. When he comes around if you find him let me know so we can rip him to shreds together cause that would be absurd.
Thing is though if you insist on putting Marquez (or Hopkins after the Taylor defeats) at number 1 then you have to remove yourself from boxing reality.

Just because you personally thought a fight went the other way doesn't mean that the result is open to interperation. It's not, the result of a fight is final, its in the books and that's that whether you were happy with the decision or not.

To follow your own logic Juan Manuel Marquez isn't even a world champion at lightweight (unless you count a vacant wbo strap) as Casamayor was clearly not the linear champ Armando Santo Cruz was.

Edwin Valero is the true linear lightweight world champion as Pitalua took the crown from Santa Cruz and Valero destroyed Pitalua.

Hope this clears everything up.
Makes perfect sense to me.

Anyone that currently rates Marquez as no.1 has no reason to remove him from the top spot if Pac beats Hatton.

Pac beating Hatton means Pac beat Hatton. It doesn't mean Pac can now beat Marquez. The only way Pac can rate above Marquez is if he beats him. Until then, whatever Pac does, as long as Marquez remains unbeaten, he will have to stay behind Marquez.
Pac has already beaten Marquez twice. The first one was supposed to be for pac had one of the judges not committed an error. Funny that they did not change the result even though the judge admitted the error. UNOFFICIALLY, Pac won against MArquez.

Second was very close but Pac had the nod of the judges so,OFFICIALLY, Pac is P4P #1.

No debate here.