Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Negotiations

Some people are claiming that both fighter's egos are to blame for the current situation. We all know that PBF can be a prima-donna, but in this fight I can't anything that he has done wrong. So far Manny's made all the demands and PBF has made all the concessions. He has requested 1 reasonable request and all the Manny fans are talking about mind-games/ he's scared/ GBP are buying people off/ he's trying to take over boxing.
    Could any of the Pac man fans tell me of the concessions that Manny has made for this fight?
    Also LMAO when Bob Arum initially mentioned that following discussions, they couldn't work with the Olympic drug testing authority because "they" refused to work within the guidelines set by Arums/Manny's team i.e. the same system used by NASC.
    Apparently those idiots still insisted that the testing was random.
    Bob independent means they are not influenced by either side, and the whole reason for using them is because they are more accurate and do RANDOM sampling!! You can't go to them and say fine we'll do random sampling as long as you tell us when your gonna take blood

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Negotiations

The whole thing is Heartbreaking really,I `mean,...Im A big Fan of both guy`s,and it is sad to think that this fight will not take place because one fighter refuses to prove that he`s clean.One thing is for sure,this steroid issue is not gonna go away for Pac.Walking awy from 40 to 50 Million Dollars,and the biggest fight in the History of the sport is enough to raise all kinds of suspicions,...Moveing up yet another weight and winning a belt will only fuel speculations regarding PED use,fighting Malinaggi might be A option,but,.. he has been spouting off about Pac and steroids without anbody even asking him,imagine after Pac beats the hell out of him for 4 or 5 rounds what Pulie will have to say?,... GBP and Gary Shaw both claiming they will not let their fighters fight Pac without conclusive testing only shortens the list for Manny.Talk about A PR nightmare,...Dont look know,...but we may very well have seen the last of Manny?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think Mayweathers request was particularly unreasonable. So this is one of the few times I have looked at a situation involving Mayweather thinking "He's right". He is right, there is nothing wrong with requesting that your opponent prove he is clean. For Pac to respond as he has is nothing short of pathetic.

It seem that Pacs team has a history of bullshit regarding negotiations for fights. But this takes the biscuit. He can retire for all I care now as I have no interest in a Foreman fight nor a fight with Malignaggi.
    Last edited by Gandalf; 01-04-2010 at 06:57 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    I don't think Mayweathers request was particularly unreasonable. So this is one of the few times I have looked at a situation involving Mayweather thinking "He's right". He is right, there is nothing wrong with requesting that your opponent prove he is clean. For Pac to respond as he has is nothing short of pathetic.

It seem that Pacs team has a history of bullshit regarding negotiations for fights. But this takes the biscuit. He can retire for all I care now as I have no interest in a Foreman fight nor a fight with Malignaggi.
    I haven't read any boxing articles that says Mayweather's demand is unreasonable. I have read many articles though (definitely not in Philippine newspapers) that says Mayweather is making ludicrous demands.

Anyway, pac agreed already to a random drug testing so no more issue at all.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brucelee View Post

I haven't read any boxing articles that says Mayweather's demand is unreasonable. I have read many articles though (definitely not in Philippine newspapers) that says Mayweather is making ludicrous demands.

Link?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Link?
    I can't link what has been shown in tv. LOL.

Anyway, he agreed to a random drug testing and that should be enough unless you're an expert on PEDS detection, miles.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Link?

Anyway, he agreed to a random drug testing and that should be enough unless you're an expert on PEDS detection, miles.
    If he'd agreed to random testing it'd be headline news in English-speaking media, we'd already know about it. As of today Arum is still insisting that he won't take random tests unless the Las Vegas commission changes their rules to mandate random testing of both fighters. And there's zero chance of that so Arum is basically saying today that he won't do random testing.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Link?

I think you mean he has already agreed to random urine testing, not random blood testing. If he had agreed to random blood testing trust me it would be on every boxing site on the net, because then the fight would be on!!

Personally I can't see how Pac can fully restore his reputation withought agreeing to the tests and going ahead with the fight. I'm pissed at Floyd for making the demands because the tests aren't required by the Nevada State Athletic Commision, but unfortunately for Pac his legacy will now always be in doubt unless he agrees to the tests.
    "He was convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard"

- Mike Tyson Hidden Content

Sydney, Australia. Originally from Canada.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do you even know what you're talking about? That sentence is more twisted than your perception of reality in this fight. It's the lil roided-up Flip that's been making all of the demands and Mayweather has generally complied, yet he would like to know that they both train clean and Pac sh*ts himself?

Link?

Of course he's agreed to random urine testing. He couldn't say that taking a piss scares or weakens him. You've proven a few times over that you are ANYTHING BUT an expert on PED detection. You're making up "facts" left, right and center to stay perched on Pac's di*k.

Thread Information