Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: David Haye vs. Vitali Klitschko.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default David Haye vs. Vitali Klitschko.

Let's say Haye knocks out Fury, and then fights Vitali in 2014. How do you see this fight going? Can Vitali still beat him, or has he slowed down enough that Haye wins?
    Bonus question: How would Vitali react to a Haye overhand right?

I think it would be Vitali's toughest fight in years.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: David Haye vs. Vitali Klitschko.

I dont see it being a tough fight at all. Would go very similarly to the Wlad fight. Hell the decision Haye got against Valuev was close. If the fight goes anything like that Haye aint getting a decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When you throw in the age factor, ANY fight that Vitali has in 2014 will be his toughest fight in years.

I keep hearing about this beast of a fighter that David Haye is and that guy hasn't shown up at heavyweight. I do not at all doubt or diminish his credentials at cruiserweight, and I know that he held a belt, but the most noteable thing that he's done since being in the division is this:

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VG_Addict View Post
    Let's say Haye knocks out Fury, and then fights Vitali in 2014. How do you see this fight going? Can Vitali still beat him, or has he slowed down enough that Haye wins?
    Bonus question: How would Vitali react to a Haye overhand right?

I think it would be Vitali's toughest fight in years.
    First off, wont happen and secondly Vitali would have an easier time with Haye than Wlad did, just like he did with Sanders and Peter.

Mentioned
    1676 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vitali has looked poor in his last few fights coupled with his age and inactivity David has a good chance of winning. I think Vitali can take Hayes right hand as his chin is solid.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Win lose or draw vs Fury, Haye-Vitali isn't going to happen. Vitali will retire after he fights Stiverne, if he even ends up doing that.

Its not even worth thinking about really. Haye's value is nothing when it comes to fighting a Klitschko given his last performance vs one. Haye had PLENTY of shots to fight Vitali and he took a pass......gee I wonder why

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it would be an easy points decision for Vitali, although I doubt its a fight that will ever happen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Someone should stick up for 'ol David Haye, so I guess it's going to be me.

Haye remains the only one to have KO'd Chisora... something neither Vitali nor Fury could do.

Haye handed Audley an early KO before it was the in thing to do.

Haye did not get KO'd by Wlad nor did he even get badly damaged as is usually the case when someone fights Wlad.

Vitali hasn't been looking so hot lately. Haye takes him in his advanced age.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaspy3 View Post

Haye remains the only one to have KO'd Chisora... something neither Vitali nor Fury could do.

Haye did not get KO'd by Wlad nor did he even get badly damaged as is usually the case when someone fights Wlad.

Fury fought the undefeated Chisora, Vitali may have taken something out of Chisora.

Sprott put Harrison proper to sleep 3 years before Haye did it. He was limp before he landed face first in the canvas. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NmjzFTJMjzo

Haye didnt get KO'd by Wlad because he didnt try to win. He had said it before how he expected to have a Sanders type result. He just doesnt have that gung ho style. Hes too carefull because hes well aware of his chin.
    Last edited by ross; 08-20-2013 at 07:42 PM.

El Kabong Guest

I don't know if it's that Haye is too aware of his chin or that the man simply doesn't know how to beat somebody he can't either surprise or use his athletic ability to beat. Haye is a very good athlete but as a pure boxer...he just doesn't have the tools to make his power and quick hands work for him. He fell in love with his power and it has limited his ability to do real work in the ring. Now he's not an outright bum, I'm just saying when matched up vs a guy who can steer clear of danger for 12 rounds (not many out there at heavyweight mind you) it frustrates him and I also think he gets frustrated when fighters don't come at him because they don't open up for counters. Which is why I think Haye-Thompson could be a HUGE upset.

I think Haye will absolutely tool Tyson Fury, but Vitali? Vitali even as an old man won't give Haye the opportunities to connect cleanly. Fury sure as fuck will though and he'll pay the price, I'm guessing Haye by TKO round 2 because I doubt Fury's chin is that good and he's pissed off Haye enough to where he'll come ready to finish Fury off.

If Fury wins it will depend on the circumstances as to how much credit he gets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post

Fury fought the undefeated Chisora, Vitali may have taken something out of Chisora.

Sprott put Harrison proper to sleep 3 years before Haye did it. He was limp before he landed face first in the canvas. SPROTT VS HARRISON - YouTube

Haye didnt get KO'd by Wlad because he didnt try to win. He had said it before how he expected to have a Sanders type result. He just doesnt have that gung ho style. Hes too carefull because hes well aware of his chin.
    While I regard your comment about Fury and Vitali's fights with Chisora as speculation, I must admit that you've got me regarding the Sprott KO of Audley. I had forgotten about that.

But I still think Haye takes Vitali now because Vitali's punches have lost some power and his offence just isn't on par like before. He still has the solid chin though and the height of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I want to be clear that I am not saying David Haye is a bad fighter... I'm saying he's not a beast at heavyweight like he was at cruiser. I have listened to his fans wait for his speed and power to be demonstrated at heavyweight, along with his aggressive mentality - the aggression is just not there. I don't know why he's hesitant, but he is. As was said, he did not even try to win against Wlad once he saw that he wasn't going to land a home run blow, which must have been what he thought his only chance was. He talked WAAAYYYYY to much about what he was going to do to Wlad for him to perform the way he did.

The fight against the Yeti was boring. You could have given that fight to either guy legitimately, but Haye was the first to pull the trick of beating him and he did so to take a belt. But it was not even close to in impressive fashion, and his trash talk belied the performance that got him the belt. Harrison was never the guy he could have been, and Harrison really looked shot in that fight from the very beginning, and not because of anything that Haye did. I thought Haye could have closed that fight out sooner than he did, but it was a stoppage that looked fairly impressive on paper - the fight itself was rather sloppy and Haye was not as impressive as he could have been. But you can never really throw salt on an early KO - he did what he should have and I give him credit for that.

Chizz was a laugher... he really didn't have a resume that belonged with the top fighters at heavyweight and yet he was built up because he was 'glassed' and there was bad blood. For my money, he was a clown - heavyweight's Ricardo Mayorga without the surprise KO victory that marked Mayorga's claim to fame.

Again I will say - I don't call David Haye a bad fighter... he's just not what he says he is or what many of his fans appear to be waiting for. Just watch Haye fans call for him to use his quickness and apparently incredible power to knock a guy out in the heavyweight division, including Vitali, Wlad, and even Fury, and you'll see what I mean.

Sad thing is, if USS Cunningham can hurt Fury, I do think that Haye has the opportunity to have a defining win that makes a statement in the way that I think he really wants to. We'll see if he shows up and does that or if Fury, who leaned on Cunningham pretty well as a big man, has something for him.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury beating the undefeated Chisora is not speculation and its not beyond comprehension that Chisora went in to the Haye fight a far less motivated fighter on the back of 3 losses.

If Fury is so shit acording to the majority on here then even a fat Chisora should have beaten him. I dont think Chisora is ever destined to be a champ. He will put up good solid performances but he just doesnt have that bit of extra will to turn things up and win rather than just do well, which I why I dont put a lot of stock in Haye beating him over a year ago in his only fight since losing every round to Wlad over 2 years ago.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post

Sprott put Harrison proper to sleep 3 years before Haye did it. He was limp before he landed face first in the canvas. SPROTT VS HARRISON - YouTube

The undefeated, uninterested, undeveloped Chisora.

The Vitali fight was not the type of fight to take anything out of Chisora, he's young and going 12 with the best guy in your division and being his most competative fight since Lennox Lewis is only going to be sn experience that brings a developing fighter UP mentally and technically.

Haye got a better, more experience and motivate Chisora and did what Vitali and Fury didn't.

He had it all to gain in winning - another shot at Vitali, revenge for the brawl and vindication for the robbery before Vitali, not to mention pushing Vitali so far had gained him attention, why would he be more motivated when fighting the unproven Fury on channel 5?
    Last edited by AdamGB; 08-21-2013 at 12:51 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    When you throw in the age factor, ANY fight that Vitali has in 2014 will be his toughest fight in years.

I keep hearing about this beast of a fighter that David Haye is and that guy hasn't shown up at heavyweight. I do not at all doubt or diminish his credentials at cruiserweight, and I know that he held a belt, but the most noteable thing that he's done since being in the division is this:

no...the most notable thing he's done at HW is this....

Thread Information