Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: does lara want everybody to hate him?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default does lara want everybody to hate him?

he is crying robbery and wants an investigation for the fight. i had canelo winning 115-113. it could have gone either way and was in no way a robbery. i agree that the 117-111 scorecard was a bit wide, but not insanely wide. more boxers need to just say that they thought they won the fight and move on. lara has gotten gifts before. i didnt mind him before this fight but now im not at all a fan.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, in a sport that is said to be about hitting and not getting hit he did out land Canelo in 9 of the 12 rounds.

I agree it was a close fight that could have gone either way but I can also see the fighters perspective saying "hmm, if I had out landed him in every round I might have gotten a draw that doesn't feel right".

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: does lara want everybody to hate him?

I scored it 7-5 for Lara too. The person the fight makes me dislike more is Canelo who seems very arrogant and dismissive of a rematch. It's is correct to give a rematch after a close fight. 'Ooh, he wouldn't stand in front of me and let me hit him the head.....He needs to learn to fight!'. Are you serious, Canelo? Lara won a fight and is annoyed and he is the one that everyone wants to hate? What a strange planet of perception disconnect.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I scored it 7-5 for Lara too. The person the fight makes me dislike more is Canelo who seems very arrogant and dismissive of a rematch. It's is correct to give a rematch after a close fight. 'Ooh, he wouldn't stand in front of me and let me hit him the head.....He needs to learn to fight!'. Are you serious, Canelo? Lara won a fight and is annoyed and he is the one that everyone wants to hate? What a strange planet of perception disconnect.
    i do agree with that too. canelo made himself look bad with those comments. i dont think there needs to be a rematch because i doubt there is much demand for it. i would be alright with one but i just dont think most people care. canelo has other options.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Well, in a sport that is said to be about hitting and not getting hit he did out land Canelo in 9 of the 12 rounds.

I agree it was a close fight that could have gone either way but I can also see the fighters perspective saying "hmm, if I had out landed him in every round I might have gotten a draw that doesn't feel right".
    Lara only out landed Alvarez by 10 punches. Alvarez landed 88 power punches whereas Lara landed 52... Over half of Lara's connects were weak, runaway jabs. So this idea that Lara out punched Canelo and therefore won the fight is utter crap.
    Last edited by ruthless rocco; 07-14-2014 at 03:31 PM.

jon09 Guest

Besides steroid or other drugs being used I have never seen an investigation overturn any decision for bad scoring. So Lara needs to suck it up and move on.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post

Lara only out landed Alvarez by 10 punches. Alvarez landed 88 power punches whereas Lara landed 52... Over half of Lara's connects were weak, runaway jabs. So this idea that Lara out punched Canelo and therefore won the fight is utter crap.
    I don't agree that some of Lara's punches were weak or throwaway jabs, if they land they should count for something.
    My complaint about Lara is that, in arguably the most important fight of his life, he didn't up his game at all. He fought this fight like it was any other, he has this formula that he sticks to no matter who he's fighting.
    After the first couple of rounds I was sure Lara would win easily, all he had to do was increase his punch output a little. Slipping away, resetting and throwing a combo, then sliding away again to reset is great and shows a lot of skill but he should have thrown more punches.
    It's too bad, I think more work each round would have gotten the win.
    Of course, nothing would have changed that 117-111 card, except a KO or some KDs.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post

I don't agree that some of Lara's punches were weak or throwaway jabs, if they land they should count for something.
    My complaint about Lara is that, in arguably the most important fight of his life, he didn't up his game at all. He fought this fight like it was any other, he has this formula that he sticks to no matter who he's fighting.
    After the first couple of rounds I was sure Lara would win easily, all he had to do was increase his punch output a little. Slipping away, resetting and throwing a combo, then sliding away again to reset is great and shows a lot of skill but he should have thrown more punches.
    Of course, nothing would have changed that 117-111 card, except a KO or some KDs.
    But what scores higher? 10 keep away jabs or 10 heavy body shots...?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post

But what scores higher? 10 keep away jabs or 10 heavy body shots...?
    Look, jabs are a huge scoring tool, even when they don't land they are a distraction. Jabs are usually the first punch in a combination.
    What I'm saying is, that jabs are not worthless, Lara has a good jab and you could see Canelo getting real tired of it.
    I think Canelo won, but it was real close!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a close fight. I honestly think 115-113 to either fighter shouldn't cause people to cry "foul." However, the 117-111 score was disgraceful and deserves big time scrutiny...it's those kind of scores that give boxing a black eye. I personally think the fight was a draw. Lara moved well, made Alvarez miss a lot, and landed cleanly when her threw...but he took his foot off the pedal and it cost him. Canelo looked "busier" and went to the body. Lara should have known that there was no chance in hell he was going to win on cards against Canelo. Neither fighter really blew me away...and neither fighter did enough to win convincingly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had the fight 116-112 for Canelo. Lara was retreating the WHOLE fight, not once did he come forward. I was very dissapointed in Lara because this probably the worst I have seen him fight and it just happened to be on the biggest stage of his career. He fought as though this was the amateurs or the Olympics it was a terrible effort. As far as everyone saying oh he out landed Canelo it was by 10 punches 107 to 97(which basically means 9 punches a rd for lara and 8 punches a rd for Canelo) and Canelo landed the harder shots with an 88 to 52 advantage in power shots. Anyone who understands boxing knows that there is a BIG difference in throwing a punch stepping back as opposed to throwing a punch stepping forward. Lara was retreating the whole fight and on the defensive, Canelo was coming forward the whole fight and was on the attack, and in a fight where there is not much action to score most judges will score the rd or fight for the Aggressor which was Canelo.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    he is crying robbery and wants an investigation for the fight. i had canelo winning 115-113. it could have gone either way and was in no way a robbery. i agree that the 117-111 scorecard was a bit wide, but not insanely wide. more boxers need to just say that they thought they won the fight and move on. lara has gotten gifts before. i didnt mind him before this fight but now im not at all a fan.
    Elaborate

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo's aggression should only be award points if it was effective and for most of the fight he was missing wildly. Landed 23% Total Punches 5% Jabs and 38% Power Punches to Laras 28% Total punches 22% Jabs and 37% Power Punches. Lara was more economical with his punches then Canelo was. Canelo landed more punches on Floyd then he did against Lara..
    “Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it.”
    - George Foreman

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilla2012 View Post
    Canelo's aggression should only be award points if it was effective and for most of the fight he was missing wildly. Landed 23% Total Punches 5% Jabs and 38% Power Punches to Laras 28% Total punches 22% Jabs and 37% Power Punches. Lara was more economical with his punches then Canelo was. Canelo landed more punches on Floyd then he did against Lara..

88 power punches to 52.

It's hard to hit a moving target but Canelo managed to land 73 body shots. It's difficult to land any hard shots while running away. I believe Canelo's punches were harder and more effective than Lara's. Evidence to support this can be found by the fact that Canelo never backed away from Lara and that Lara never moved forward suggesting Canelo was giving him a reason to stay away. He continued to chase him all night. Lara's punching never deterred Canelo, not even for a second.

I'll say it again, Chris Algeiri was effective with his punching and moving against Provodnikov. He out landed Provodnikov by 80 punches. Lara only landed 10 more punches than Canelo and ran away the whole fight. Note the difference.
    Last edited by ruthless rocco; 07-15-2014 at 05:26 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lara threw like one 3 punch combo. all one two or just a jab and move. he was in a pro canelo crowd. he shouldve sat down and threw more. i think i saw 2 good 1-2 combos and thats it. he definitely had no killer instinct. he kept it close instead of dominating the smaller slower fighter. its his fault he lost

Thread Information