Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paulie Malinaggi vs. Sam Egginton. Who wins?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Paulie Malinaggi vs. Sam Egginton. Who wins?

Will this be another Hopkins-Smith or can Paulie pull it out with his experience?

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Paulie Malinaggi vs. Sam Egginton. Who wins?

I think Paulie still has enough left to deal with Eggington. I see it being a fun fight.

Mentioned
    1680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sam Eggington vs Paulie Malignaggi confirmed on David Haye-Tony Bellew card

Sam Eggington will defend his WBC International welterweight title against Paulie Malignaggi at The O2 in London on Saturday March 4, live on Sky Sports Box Office.

The card will be headlined by the heavyweight contest between feuding rivals David Haye and Tony Bellew, and is now bolstered by 23-year-old Eggington's opportunity to add former two-weight world champion Malignaggi to his list of victims.

"This is the big name and big card that I've wanted for some time," said Eggington. "I've asked for these sorts of fights for a while, I got Frankie Gavin and now I've got Paulie.

"He's going to be the biggest name on my record, you just have to look at what he's won and who he has boxed to see that, but I have asked to fight him for a while now and I am confident that I can beat him, and beating him is a big scalp on my record. It puts me in that world bracket which is where I want to be.

"He's good at what he does, he is a bit like Frankie really and fighting him has put me in good stead for this one, he's not the biggest puncher and he's smaller than Frankie, but he's won world titles and been in with everyone.

"Paulie's been at world level for so long that he's got all the tricks and probably got more to pull out on the night, so I know it's going to be a big test and it's one that I'm going to rise to.

"This could have been a fight without a title, Paulie is the man I want to beat - that name on the record will make people stand up and take notice and will make a splash in the US too. It's a fantastic Box Office bill and I've never been on a bill of this scale so it's really exciting for me."

Former world champion Malignaggi added: "I am excited as ever to once again return to the UK and fight in front of the most passionate fans in the world.

"I know Eggington is young and hungry but my experience and craftiness will be too much for him to overcome."

Promoter Eddie Hearn said: "What a fight this is and what an opportunity for Sam Eggington. Paulie Malignaggi is one of the biggest names and personalities in the sport and still remains full of skill, heart and desire."

David Haye vs Tony Bellew is live on Sky Sports Box Office on March 4, after Carl Frampton rematches Leo Santa Cruz on Saturday on Sky Sports.

Sam Eggington vs Paulie Malignaggi confirmed on David Haye-Tony Bellew card | Boxing News | Sky Sports
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Paulie is the man I want to beat - that name on the record will make people stand up and take notice and will make a splash in the US too.

Sam Eggington

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins-Smith or maybe Hopkins-Pavlik~esque. I think it's a cracking/intriguing match-up, for the level (especially as the main event for this card will be a 6 minute blowout).

At first I thought it was a typical fight where the younger, stronger puncher bashes up the ancient veteran. However, Egg was soundly outboxed by Bradley Skeete just two fights ago, which bodes well for Paulie considering, although ancient, he's a proven world level operator and similar-ish box/mover.

Or you could say Egg showed the experience of losing to Skeete by mowing over Frankie Gavin - another Paulie-type - in his next fight.

I started this post with the intention of picking Paulie by a comfortable points decision but in the process have changed my mind back to Egg. Paulie is pulled out around the 10th with a battered boat after winning the first few rounds. Yeah...
    Last edited by Fenster; 02-13-2017 at 12:44 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not sure I've seen Eggington but I hate his tattoos and he looks retarded, plus his name really sucks. Paulie by devastating KO early.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hoping Sam guy really does a number on Paulie as we need Paulie back on the microphone and intelligently representing the fundamentals of the sport.

Mentioned
    1680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I'm not sure I've seen Eggington but I hate his tattoos and he looks retarded, plus his name really sucks. Paulie by devastating KO early.
    Paulie stopped the guy that ended Hatton's career and won the title in his opponents backyard so it could happen.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As good a foundation as any to form an opinion on. 😉 I can't remember the last time Paulie KO'd anyone early, but I am leaning towards a Paulie points decision even if he's only 70% of what he was.
    Dunno if they're making this fight to push Eggington up the profile ladder, but ultimately it's about levels and Paulie's ring IQ Should see him through even though he's only a part time fighter these days.
    Eggington should learn a lot though.
    Having said that , as much as I like him and he is game, I can't see him ever being good enough to step up to the top level. I reckon he'll be one of those that puts in some entertaining performances just below that level.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Egginton might as well take the fight, its probably the fight of his life, may be the biggest he is ever involved in

if he does win, which he can, then he might be in an even bigger, more meaningful fight

the loss to skeet suggested he was limited but the win over Gavin was impressive (at least on paper)

Gavin had already beaten skeet hadn't he?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    As good a foundation as any to form an opinion on. 😉 I can't remember the last time Paulie KO'd anyone early, but I am leaning towards a Paulie points decision even if he's only 70% of what he was.
    Dunno if they're making this fight to push Eggington up the profile ladder, but ultimately it's about levels and Paulie's ring IQ Should see him through even though he's only a part time fighter these days.
    Having said that , as much as I like him and he is game, I can't see him ever being good enough to step up to the top level. I reckon he'll be one of those that puts in some entertaining performances just below that level.
    p4pking was clearly joking.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    That's why I put a winking emoji. and you moan about PK stating the obvious!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Paulie in a grueling points win. Egg will give him all he can handle.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    As good a foundation as any to form an opinion on. ������ I can't remember the last time Paulie KO'd anyone early, but I am leaning towards a Paulie points decision even if he's only 70% of what he was.
    Only half! He really does look retarded, like a character out of deliverance or something.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Paulie's no trip to Hollywood, but he is inherently smart (bright). Not much of an education but he can speak well though he uses 150 words when 20 would suffice.

Thread Information