Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: The rematch, Carl Froch - Mikkel Kessler 2 fight chat thread - Warriors Call !!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The rematch, Carl Froch - Mikkel Kessler 2 fight chat thread - Warriors Call !!!

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    For such a huge nation's amature program not to produce any gold medals doesn't bode to well for the calibre of future talent coming up from it either...
    I wonder does it have a lot to do with, lets say random drug testing.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The rematch, Carl Froch - Mikkel Kessler 2 fight chat thread - Warriors Call !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KickMuck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bradlee180 View Post
    These yankees are always deluded; they think the whole world is america: there's 195 other countries in the world, you self-absorbed jack@$$es! One time, america was a stronghold for boxing, but no longer. Plenty of world-class boxing is taking place outside of america featuring world-class non-american fighters.
    US being bad mouthed by a country that's not even as big as some of it's states.

"It's not
    the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."

The Spanish tried to invade my country once, right here a couple of miles from my doorstep. We had a queen at the time and we still kicked their ass and sent them packing,.....your speaking their language.
    Respect what saved you. If it wasn't for the US you'll be draped in black, red and gold. Instead of the Union Jack
    Yea things would have been better
    It would of been God save Hitler instead of God save the queen.
    Blitzkrieg tactics didn't work on the uk and the axis all but decided not to bother with the UK after their tactics of quickly crippling s nation's infastructure before invading failed.

The eventual German defeat had as much to do with Hitler spreading the German army over two fronts than the US intervening... They'd lost the war in western europe the second they tried to invade russua IN THE WINTER.

Educate yourself.
    American white groups were mostly German people closely followed by Irish then English not far behind,only a % or so.

We all share the same Ancestors if white, get over your selves you are all from the same stock.

America came in because of Japan, not as some saviors of Europe and the truth is Churchill got America into the war via Japan. (If you know what he didnt do, you would agree).

But thanks for the help clearing it up and removing the Japs out of the equation cause honestly they were giving us Aussies more than we could handle in Singapore and Indonesia. Cheers
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

These yankees are always deluded; they think the whole world is america: there's 195 other countries in the world, you self-absorbed jack@$$es! One time, america was a stronghold for boxing, but no longer. Plenty of world-class boxing is taking place outside of america featuring world-class non-american fighters.
    US being bad mouthed by a country that's not even as big as some of it's states.

"It's not

The Spanish tried to invade my country once, right here a couple of miles from my doorstep. We had a queen at the time and we still kicked their ass and sent them packing,.....your speaking their language.
    Respect what saved you. If it wasn't for the US you'll be draped in black, red and gold. Instead of the Union Jack
    Blitzkrieg tactics didn't work on the uk and the axis all but decided not to bother with the UK after their tactics of quickly crippling s nation's infastructure before invading failed.

The eventual German defeat had as much to do with Hitler spreading the German army over two fronts than the US intervening... They'd lost the war in western europe the second they tried to invade russua IN THE WINTER.

Educate yourself.
    I'm very educated on the war. There's no denying Hitler invading Russia was one of the things that caused his downfall. But lets be real here. Britain would have fallen without the US help. Without Lend-Lease and all the other material shit it was getting from the US before the US even joined the war, Britain would of gone out like the French. Without the US, Britain wouldn't of been able to defend itself. Not only that but Britain no longer had resources to go on the offensive against Germany without the US. Yeah they could of maybe held out until Russia made it's strength felt, but I doubt it. And even then Russia was also relying heavily on US provided supplies. That's not opinion. Those are facts. So like I said, respect what saved you

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is this the preamble for Andre Ward v Carl Froch war?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I remember the good old days on these boards with the intense USA vs UK rivalries. I'm huge on this concept because aside from the very dark Calzage vs Lacy period, the USA always wins. The best, most relevant fights in the world take place in America. This is fact. That is why Pacquaio Hatton happened in the USA even tthough both could've sold out soccer stadiums in either countr. Name one instance of any fighter ever cobvincingly losing and then completely dictating the terms of a rematch. I say hold the fight in OOakland with 3 British judges and watch Froch lose again to a boring fighter

Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a bit pathetic how many people have become Ward bitches overnight when Froch has shown no intention of avoiding him. The arrogance of Andre Ward accusing Froch of cashing in and going for easy pay days on the night that Carl met someone who had already beaten him is pretty desperate.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    I remember the good old days on these boards with the intense USA vs UK rivalries. I'm huge on this concept because aside from the very dark Calzage vs Lacy period, the USA always wins. The best, most relevant fights in the world take place in America. This is fact. That is why Pacquaio Hatton happened in the USA even tthough both could've sold out soccer stadiums in either countr. Name one instance of any fighter ever cobvincingly losing and then completely dictating the terms of a rematch. I say hold the fight in OOakland with 3 British judges and watch Froch lose again to a boring fighter

In this particular instance the fight makes far more money in the UK than it does in the States. Froch isn't in a position to dictate terms as Ward doesn't need the fight but he's bringing the money which gives him efective parity in negotiations as Ward wants the money. I think Froch loses in a boring fight to a boring fighter but there's no way it happens in America. If it happens it's in front of a stadium full of Brits instead of five to eight thousand apathetic Americans.

Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's the thing, 4000 fans in a krappy venue for a world title fight and America thinks it's the center of boxing. It's just fantasy. Ward won't come to the UK just like Mayweather won't despite threatening it.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's the thing, 4000 fans in a krappy venue for a world title fight and America thinks it's the center of boxing. It's just fantasy. Ward won't come to the UK just like Mayweather won't despite threatening it.
    If he gets offered enough money he'll come.

I'm watched the fight again, watched the Gonzalez fight then came here. I'm just watching the interviews afterwards now. I'm pleased it was all so respectful afterwards. I still don't like Froch but you can't help admire what he does in the ring and his body of work over the last five years.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"It's not

Educate yourself.
    I'm very educated on the war. There's no denying Hitler invading Russia was one of the things that caused his downfall. But lets be real here. Britain would have fallen without the US help. Without Lend-Lease and all the other material shit it was getting from the US before the US even joined the war, Britain would of gone out like the French. Without the US, Britain wouldn't of been able to defend itself. Not only that but Britain no longer had resources to go on the offensive against Germany without the US. Yeah they could of maybe held out until Russia made it's strength felt, but I doubt it. And even then Russia was also relying heavily on US provided supplies. That's not opinion. Those are facts. So like I said, respect what saved you
    I 'respect' that multiple nations won the second world war. It's nice to hear you change you rhetoric slightly, even if you are still massively downplaying Hitler ignoring all of his generals by trying to fight a war on two fronts (when the harsh conditions of the eastern front could barely be supplied alone).

The likely outcome of the US joining later or not at all is that Britain is war torn for a few more years while the German Eastern Front eventually collapses.

Luckily the UK withstood Blitzkrieg (unlike the rest of western europe), or else you lose your base to invade normandy and the war goes on several years longer than it should have.

Thanks to the US for closing things quicker, shame they didn't step in sooner, they certainatly stopped the pacific and far east from being fucked.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed, but this is different... Pac and Hatton could sell tickets anywhere in the world, Ward barely does it in his own home.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lets not confuse Las Vegas with the rest of America.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ward Dawson did 8K in attendance and was a decently exciting live fight. Ward is still young and an Olympic gold medalist, for anyone to suggest he is a lame duck is full of it. Even if he was, Hopkins still isn't a draw to this day! Why should we as boxing fans care? Oracle isn't even conducive to watching boxing (the UFC did a similar gate for a ppv event.. ) People in America know who Ward is and his visibility is higher because of his HBO gig. NOBODY here talks about Froch, Mayweather, Paccquaio and the Mexicans are the only ones who move the needle in America. Broner after that and thats just bbecause I'm lucky enough to live in a boxing conscience area in the Bay Area. Both Ward and Froch are good for boxing as is Kessler. Ward is the number 2 p4p guy in the sport and no one wants to see this fight in England because of the crowd, they just want to see a more competitive Ward Froch fight than wha took place at a nearly nneutral venue. I don't care but I think anyone saying this bout Has to happen in England is ridiculous. Why not make Martinez Chavez 2 in Mexico? Why not? Good for Froch but if some stubborn refusal to come to the USA after Froch clearly lost a bout here holds up this fight then that isn't on Ward.

With that said, if the bout isn't in Oakland and I can't go, I would like to see it happen in England.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Glad we can have a discussion about Americas relevance and token tardy effort on Memorial Day ffs. Better late than never, mates

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    And look at the UK's ratio of champions over recent years versus the USA which is fuck knows how many times bigger and has 5 times the population! The USA's position in boxing is close to laughable for the 3rd biggest population in the world and with opportunities afforded to people

Yes indeed.
    Good to see the per capita argument used elsewhere, as it lends more credence to it when used elsewhere.

Thread Information