Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Abraham headed to Miami!

I think Abraham wins this fight. Having downloaded the crappy vob version of their first fight and watched it Abraham is far more skilled than Miranda, who will have to get lucky with a big shot to win.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez The Killer View Post
    I've never seen the first fight, but got the impression that Abraham wanted to quit, his corner didn't let him, and Miranda was tearing him up pretty bad both legally and illegally.

Got the impression Germany was protecting Abraham...wasnt Miranda docked 5-6 points that fight?

Anyone seen it in it's entirety?

I would expect Miranda to tear Abraham a new one if the first fight even generally how I read it did.

But things have changed since then, Abraham fought better competition including that brutal KO of Gevor and Miranda was dismantled by Pavlik and said he felt drained and weak at 160.

But Abraham must be feeling confident to come to the US against a man that might have rightfully beat him (at least beat him up).

Going to predict that Abraham takes this UD...maybe even late KO. But Miranda is always dangerous and will be out for blood so who knows..
    You should check out the fight, it was a barn-burner. I though Abraham actually got the better of Miranda, and had it not been for the broken jaw (which Miranda exasperated by repeatedly butting Abraham) I think Miranda would've got stopped. Abraham rocked him several times and outboxed him for much of the fight. I believe Miranda was docked 5 points, he deserved some deductions, but 5 point was complete bullshit (shouldn't someone be DQ'd if you have to take that many points anyways?). However, ever without the point deductions it would have been at worse a majority draw (according to an article I have read) or a majority decision for Abraham (according to boxrec). It probably should have been a TKO for Miranda though, considering he broke Abraham's jaw with a punch I believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    I've never seen the first fight, but got the impression that Abraham wanted to quit, his corner didn't let him, and Miranda was tearing him up pretty bad both legally and illegally.

Got the impression Germany was protecting Abraham...wasnt Miranda docked 5-6 points that fight?

I would expect Miranda to tear Abraham a new one if the first fight even generally how I read it did.

But things have changed since then, Abraham fought better competition including that brutal KO of Gevor and Miranda was dismantled by Pavlik and said he felt drained and weak at 160.

But Abraham must be feeling confident to come to the US against a man that might have rightfully beat him (at least beat him up).

Going to predict that Abraham takes this UD...maybe even late KO. But Miranda is always dangerous and will be out for blood so who knows..
    You should check out the fight, it was a barn-burner. I though Abraham actually got the better of Miranda, and had it not been for the broken jaw (which Miranda exasperated by repeatedly butting Abraham) I think Miranda would've got stopped. Abraham rocked him several times and outboxed him for much of the fight. I believe Miranda was docked 5 points, he deserved some deductions, but 5 point was complete bullshit (shouldn't someone be DQ'd if you have to take that many points anyways?). However, ever without the point deductions it would have been at worse a majority draw (according to an article I have read) or a majority decision for Abraham (according to boxrec). It probably should have been a TKO for Miranda though, considering he broke Abraham's jaw with a punch I believe.
    I had that completely wrong, Abraham gave a much better showing than I thought. I just finished watching the "runde 1" version. I read showtime aired this fight a few weeks back with american commentary, wish I couldve found that.

That was a barn burner indeed! Glad I watched it in it's entirety makes me excited about this rematch. There will be some genuine dislike between both of these guys.

The only question now is if Abraham's smurf hat made the transatlantic trip with him

I'll put my chips in for Abraham late KO

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKickAss View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G View Post
    YES! About time this rematch is made.

Should be a good scrap and I am going to have to go with Miranda on this one. Their first scarp was just nasty on many fronts. I hope things don't get out of hand again. I would love to hear.....

AND NEW!

No one can talk shiet about AA not wanting to leave Europe anymore. I have to give the Europeans some credit for starting to come over more often.
    As far as I know this isn't a title fight...so even if Miranda wins AA won't loose his title...I think its because of the catchweight...

I think Abraham wins by stoppage.
    Me too...
    The fights at 168 isn't it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post

Should be a good scrap and I am going to have to go with Miranda on this one. Their first scarp was just nasty on many fronts. I hope things don't get out of hand again. I would love to hear.....

AND NEW!

No one can talk shiet about AA not wanting to leave Europe anymore. I have to give the Europeans some credit for starting to come over more often.
    As far as I know this isn't a title fight...so even if Miranda wins AA won't loose his title...I think its because of the catchweight...

Me too...

Seems that its at 166...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Me too...

Seems that its at 166...
    Oh thats right, seems to be the new glamour catchweight!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fight is at 166lbs and not for the title.
    Abraham can lose the fight and still go back to Germany with his belt and defend it against hand picked opponents. That is one of the main reasons he is taking this fight. A win makes him known in the USA and setup a possible fight with Pavlik. A loss is not going to hurt him to bad.
    Last edited by Pantera; 06-11-2008 at 09:20 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm rooting for Edison all the way but it's not an easy fight to pick. AA buzzed Miranda at least 4 times in the first fight. Miranda,well,we saw what he did to AA. AA is more skilled,both hit hard,it should be a tremendous battle,I have zero idea who will win.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo View Post
    I'm rooting for Edison all the way but it's not an easy fight to pick. AA buzzed Miranda at least 4 times in the first fight. Miranda,well,we saw what he did to AA. AA is more skilled,both hit hard,it should be a tremendous battle,I have zero idea who will win.
    As much as I like Miranda, I have to go by AA based on defense, overall boxing skill, and the first fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had that completely wrong, Abraham gave a much better showing than I thought. I just finished watching the "runde 1" version. I read showtime aired this fight a few weeks back with american commentary, wish I couldve found that.

That was a barn burner indeed! Glad I watched it in it's entirety makes me excited about this rematch. There will be some genuine dislike between both of these guys.

The only question now is if Abraham's smurf hat made the transatlantic trip with him

I'll put my chips in for Abraham late KO

Maybe the people that think Miranda will be a force,should watch this video :

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qXjnydboXo4

And notice that he was still stunned with single punches several times by a fighter with a broken jaw who had lost an incredible amount of blood.
    Super Middleweight also acknowledge as Kessler's Kingdom when Calzaghe has retire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And notice that he was still stunned with single punches several times by a fighter with a broken jaw who had lost an incredible amount of blood.
    Super Middleweight also acknowledge as Kessler's Kingdom when Calzaghe has retire

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Since the first fight Miranda has been in with the better fighters. Abraham has not fought anyone of significance.
    It's not unreasonable to presume Miranda may have developed more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Since the first fight Miranda has been in with the better fighters. Abraham has not fought anyone of significance.

I don't know Demers is doing pretty well and AA overpowered him easily...Gevor and Ayala brought their a game and still never had a real chance...Maybe Miranda developed,but so did AA...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know Demers is doing pretty well and AA overpowered him easily...Gevor and Ayala brought their a game and still never had a real chance...Maybe Miranda developed,but so did AA...
    Abraham is a lot better technically and after expiereinceing the first fight will probably box more, so Miranda better hope he can bring something other than brute force

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AND NEW!

Me too...
    Ok when I was checking BoxRec, I thought it was a catch weight too but it is listed as a title fight.

WTF!?

I think Edison is coming back down to 160 :
    It is not a title fight. Edison is at SMW now with no intention of going back to MW. I'd like to know the politics behind how this match was made. Either Abraham has a ton of guts and feels he has something to prove (I hear the homecooking in Germany is fantastic), by not only rematching Miranda, but doing it outside of his normal weight and in Miranda's backyard or some major green was laid down.

Showtime is going to rebroadcast the first fight before the rematch. I forget when exactly.

Thread Information