Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny Pac accused of steroids

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    I haven't been able to listen to this one, so would appreciate a link to hear it. However, it has to be said that those around Pacquiao would be very open to libel cases of their own should they attempt to follow one of this. The Mayweather Sr had a case for libel, however, the use of truth within his own statement meant that most likely he would have been acquitted, certainly in the United States.

Like I say I have yet to hear Cintron's, but I can't see why he would say it if he didn't believe it. I do find Ariza's response about 'you can't trust people who haven't graduated from high school' funny, although I do find it slightly suspicious that Pacquiao has been able to jump so much weight since taking Ariza on & stay as ripped as he was before. I suppose it's possible, I don't know enough about how to do it to have an informed opinion.
    Doesnt neccesarily accuse pac of using, just hints that he might be

Floyd directly made the comment that he believed pac was using steroids
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    I haven't been able to listen to this one, so would appreciate a link to hear it. However, it has to be said that those around Pacquiao would be very open to libel cases of their own should they attempt to follow one of this. The Mayweather Sr had a case for libel, however, the use of truth within his own statement meant that most likely he would have been acquitted, certainly in the United States.

Like I say I have yet to hear Cintron's, but I can't see why he would say it if he didn't believe it. I do find Ariza's response about 'you can't trust people who haven't graduated from high school' funny, although I do find it slightly suspicious that Pacquiao has been able to jump so much weight since taking Ariza on & stay as ripped as he was before. I suppose it's possible, I don't know enough about how to do it to have an informed opinion.

He did, but he also made it clear as a personal opinion & included enough truth in what he said for it to be difficult to confirm as a lie. It's why Pacquiao didn't take libel action because he likely would have lost.

Not to mention that it would then open up Top Rank & Freddie Roach to a string of lawsuits themselves from the likes of Mayweather, De La Hoya & Barrera. Some of those also with far more substance, particularly with Bob Arum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe Cintrons just mad because he's not in a HBO mega fight this weekend?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Said it so many times it doesn't really need repeating but for post count reasons, nothing would surprise me about steroids, nobody using would surprise me. I would chuckle if it came out tomorrow that Paulie Malignaggi has been juicing but it wouldn't shock me.

As big a fan of Hopkins as I am it amazes me there's no speculation about him using.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post

Floyd Sr. indicated that Pac was taking something, basically bouncing the idea around, and then he was directly asked does he think Pac is taking steroids. Floyd Sr. then said he thinks he is taking some kind of "supplement". Plus, you stated Floyd Sr. said he "believed"... That is merely opinion. Though when asked outright Floyd Sr. only said supplement.
    Last edited by blegit; 11-12-2009 at 01:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just an Inquiry to whoever has any idea:

Fernando Vargas and Omar Nino Romero was tested positive for illegal substances. That means fightes don't just get away with it because Fighters are tested BEFORE and AFTER each bout.

My question is. Is there a specific kind of steroids that is impossible to detect? and if there is. Does Sr and Cintron talking about this particular roid? why cant they be more specific?

additional :
    Did Chamberlain roided when he scored 100? or did jordan roided againts Utah in 98 final?
    Why is tiger woods winning so much did he use roids too?
    How about Gary Kasparov? maybe he roided too?

Bonds got caught why not Chamberlain or Jordan? or maybe Chamberlain and Jordan didnt do it and its a stupid speculation?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do not necessarily believe Pac is on steroids. But in this day and age would anyone really be surprise if he was? I honestly have never used steroids though I thought about and researched it. There are so many different forms of steroids that don't bulk you but make you faster, stronger, and/or able to lengthen your endurance. There is so much stuff that beats the system undetectables, masking agents, knowing when to cycle off, etc. I don't box anymore but I am still in the gym often and over time I have come across several amateur athletes who I know for certain have taken a steroid. And too many recreational weightlifters who take steroids. Whether you accept it , see it or not, steroids are rampant. Just look at some of the elite boxers who have either tested positive or have much evidence. Roy Jones Jr.(tested), Shane Mosley(tested), Fernando Vargas(tested), Evander Holyfield(much evidence), James Toney(tested twice). All of these guys except Vargas made very successful weight gains. So it is very easy for people to get speculative of Pac due to his success and how much steroids are really out there. Just so I don't get persecuted by the Pac fanatics, I am a healthy fan of Pac, I want to reiterate that I do not necessarily believe Pac used anything illegal. I actually hope he didn't because Pac is very good for boxing. But no athlete would surprise me if he or she took a steroid. The only thing that would surprise me is if that person tested positive because it is very easy to beat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miron_lang View Post

Fernando Vargas and Omar Nino Romero was tested positive for illegal substances. That means fightes don't just get away with it because Fighters are tested BEFORE and AFTER each bout.

My question is. Is there a specific kind of steroids that is impossible to detect? and if there is. Does Sr and Cintron talking about this particular roid? why cant they be more specific?

additional :
    Did Chamberlain roided when he scored 100? or did jordan roided againts Utah in 98 final?

Bonds got caught why not Chamberlain or Jordan? or maybe Chamberlain and Jordan didnt do it and its a stupid speculation?
    There are steroids that are undetectable because there are no tests for them. Whenever a new drug comes out there are no tests for it and that is the best way for criminals/cheaters to stay clear. THG was the latest newer steroid to come to light. I think they have a test by now. There are a few more that I know of that have no test yet. And the way to beat tests before or after a fight is to know VERY precisely when to cycle on and off. I know several athletes who have and a couple still are doing this. Remember the rules are stated so whoever wants to cheat and get away with it knows what they have to go around. The ones who get caught usually get sloppy.
    Last edited by blegit; 11-12-2009 at 01:50 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by blegit View Post

additional :

There are steroids that are undetectable because there are no tests for them. Whenever a new drug comes out there are no tests for it and that is the best way for criminals/cheaters to stay clear. THG was the latest newer steroid to come to light. I think they have a test by now. There are a few more that I know of that have no test yet. And the way to beat tests before or after a fight is to know VERY precisely when to cycle on and off. I know several athletes who have and a couple still are doing this. Remember the rules are stated so whoever wants to cheat and get away with it knows what they have to go around. The ones who get caught usually get sloppy.
    In that case there is no way to determine if pac really uses roid or not Anybody can simply say 'Pac is using a new roid that is undetectable'

BTW

I think Kobe Bryant and Lebron James are on roids too. How can they do those things in the basketball court? its impossible. Guys like Paul Pierce Cedric Ceballos, Bonzi Wells, Walt Frazier or Elgin Baylor are not as acrobatic. I think somebody needs to say something about these two. It is very likely that they are using steroids.
    Last edited by miron_lang; 11-12-2009 at 02:43 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Cintron is perfectly entitled to have his suspicions about Manny. It doesn't mean he is right nor that Manny is a user though. We can all have our opinions no matter how informed, misinformed or loony they might be. There is no need for legal action over such a thing, that's just getting petty.
    You do understand what libel is, right?

Like if I decided to go around telling the world someone I didn't like, was say a pedophile, and it cost them their job, their career and basically ruined them, you still feel they have that right to say whatever they want?

It's a dangerous thing, slander. Better be grounded in some sorta facts, or be prepared to pay the consequences.
    I can't believe what I'm hearing from Miles these days.

I guess he does not know the meaning of slander and its consequences.

Well said YB.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

one thing is for sure now. Cintron and Mayweather are bad for boxing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by blegit View Post

additional :

In that case there is no way to determine if pac really uses roid or not Anybody can simply say 'Pac is using a new roid that is undetectable'

BTW

I think Kobe Bryant and Lebron James are on roids too. How can they do those things in the basketball court? its impossible. Guys like Paul Pierce Cedric Ceballos, Bonzi Wells, Walt Frazier or Elgin Baylor are not as acrobatic. I think somebody needs to say something about this two. It is very likely that they are using steroids.
    These commissions are not unaware that there are undetectable steroids. They become aware during investigations and raids. Find them, then they develop the tests. If I'm not mistaken THG is the latest one to be discovered. Its a cirlcle. I don't want to say everybody great is on steroids but anybody great on steroids wouldn't surprise me. They're out there and a low percentage of people get caught.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
    Mayweather is the second most popular figure in boxing today, first judging by his PPV numbers and Cintron is a heavy-handed, if often maligned, fighter. How are they bad for boxing?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Mayweather is the second most popular figure in boxing today, first judging by his PPV numbers and Cintron is a heavy-handed, if often maligned, fighter. How are they bad for boxing?
    I don't know. Tell me.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Cintron is perfectly entitled to have his suspicions about Manny. It doesn't mean he is right nor that Manny is a user though. We can all have our opinions no matter how informed, misinformed or loony they might be. There is no need for legal action over such a thing, that's just getting petty.
    You do understand what libel is, right?

Like if I decided to go around telling the world someone I didn't like, was say a pedophile, and it cost them their job, their career and basically ruined them, you still feel they have that right to say whatever they want?

It's a dangerous thing, slander. Better be grounded in some sorta facts, or be prepared to pay the consequences.
    I can't believe what I'm hearing from Miles these days.

I guess he does not know the meaning of slander and its consequences.

Well said YB.
    So says the guy that stalks me on the internet calling me a homosexual.

This is a small story that will most likely go away in a day or two, I don't see the point in getting worked up by it. It's an allegation, and not a proven fact. The vast majority of people will take it for what it is and leave it at that.

Thread Information