Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Boxer Has Been in with the Tougest Opponents the Last 5 Times Out?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What Boxer Has Been in with the Tougest Opponents the Last 5 Times Out?

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Joshua Clottey and Margarito were not elite fighters at the time Pac fought them, not to mentioned Cotto was at a catchweight and on the downside, De La Hoya shot to pieces and weight drain, Hatton didn't have his chin anymore. See it's pretty easy to tear down a fighter's accomplishment is it?

People want to tear down Floyd's accomplishments, but at the time those fighters with the exception of JMM were threats. Hindsight is really something right?
    the thing is these opponents were real threats to Pac, there were more risk involved when a small guy like Pac fought them as opposed to natural welters like Floyd fighting these guys.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What Boxer Has Been in with the Tougest Opponents the Last 5 Times Out?

Pac sucks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is silly the hardest last five fights

Firstly I'd say froch
    Then sergio martinez

Followed by Pac and Floyd.

People who discredit Floyds resume are just Haters.

Floyd has wins over Shane, Hatton, JMM, ODH, and pac has fought similar opponents no point letting your hatred for the guy detract from the facts.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by :::PSL::: View Post
    Joshua Clottey and Margarito were not elite fighters at the time Pac fought them, not to mentioned Cotto was at a catchweight and on the downside, De La Hoya shot to pieces and weight drain, Hatton didn't have his chin anymore. See it's pretty easy to tear down a fighter's accomplishment is it?

People want to tear down Floyd's accomplishments, but at the time those fighters with the exception of JMM were threats. Hindsight is really something right?

Haver you ever hear a former flyweight champion fighting big former welter champions and destroying them?

No?

Okay. So STHU
    Of course not, but then we don't know whether or not that is natural or chemically enhanced.

But since your pare is afraid of needles even though he has tats all over his body, I guess we may never know.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch, Martinez & Pac.

Froch especially has impressed me. Simply because I am English.
    Last edited by Jimanuel Boogustus; 03-11-2011 at 12:04 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's funny how the man crush some have on Pacman, blinds people from seeing the truth. Not only was clottey not "elite", the guy lost to a shell of a fighter in Cotto, and just before losing to cotto, he had a close fight with............ZAB JUDAH!!!!......come on man...then margarito? please.

Why didn't the "P4P king" take the fight with Shane Mosley when Mosley wanted to fight Pacman for his lightweight title? Shane even said he would fight Pac at 145/144/142/140.....instead, Pacman chose Cotto at 145...OOOOHhhhhh, that's right, because FREDDIE ROACH SAID COTTO IS SHOT, AND SHANE IS TOO BIG!!....

lol, I swear to god.

Martinez, Paul Williams, JMM, Dzuzuzuz, ALL have fought whoever gets put in front of them, none at catchweights, and not questionable fighters either.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's pronounced 'Gin-Zuric'
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by carpetrepairhouston View Post

It's funny how the man crush some have on Pacman, blinds people from seeing the truth. Not only was clottey not "elite", the guy lost to a shell of a fighter in Cotto, and just before losing to cotto, he had a close fight with............ZAB JUDAH!!!!......come on man...then margarito? please.

Why didn't the "P4P king" take the fight with Shane Mosley when Mosley wanted to fight Pacman for his lightweight title? Shane even said he would fight Pac at 145/144/142/140.....instead, Pacman chose Cotto at 145...OOOOHhhhhh, that's right, because FREDDIE ROACH SAID COTTO IS SHOT, AND SHANE IS TOO BIG!!....

lol, I swear to god.

Martinez, Paul Williams, JMM, Dzuzuzuz, ALL have fought whoever gets put in front of them, none at catchweights, and not questionable fighters either.

My point wasn't to discredit Pac, although it might look like it form that post, for I have to admit he is great, it was used as an example that his resume can be picked apart as easily as Floyd's. As the people at this forum tend to do, especially Pacquiao fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    Floyd Jr. With the exception of the Marquez fight his last 5 opponents were given a good chance to beat him. From Baldomir was too big and a natural welter to Ricky Hatton was undefeated to Shane Mosley was his toughest opponent to his big fight with Oscar, etc.

Floyd?....

Who picked Baldo over Floyd? Hatton was slipping long before he faced Floyd and though he won titles at WW he was given gift decisions and made his career there hit then hold hit then hold....No to mention his defense was tailor made not just for Floyd but any defensive fighter.....JMM had what 1 fight at LW before Floyd fought him and Floyd did not even come in on weight.....Oscar never beat a fighter who was P4P ranked in their prime his whole career....He could have beaten Floyd if he did not pull another Trinidad moment where he stopped fighting thinking he was up enough on the cards....Mosley was the most legit threat out of the 5
    You hate Floyd so much... it's amusing.

I dont really like him, but im sure the majority expected Froch to lose most of his last 5.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch, by a considerable margin imo, because he's also travelled for 3 of them to face the 'House' fighter.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't agree with JMM because he was utterly destroyed by Floyd and then has fought Kastidis, who is admirable and tough (i'm a fan) but not that great, and Diaz, who is simply not that good. Floyd fighting Hatton at 147 when Hatton's prime weight was 140 is questionable. It's a good win, but it's not great. It's like Hopkin's win over Pavlik, it's a good win, but it's not great because Pavlik had to move up in weight to fight him. And Floyd's win over Hatton was completely expected whereas many people had Bernard going into that fight as the underdog. Same goes for his win over JMM. It's not like Floyd was fighting at 140 for years and then recently moved up to 147. He was a welterweight fighting a junior welterweight and a welterweight fighting a lightweight. The rest of his wins are solid.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 03-11-2011 at 04:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LukeH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    Floyd Jr. With the exception of the Marquez fight his last 5 opponents were given a good chance to beat him. From Baldomir was too big and a natural welter to Ricky Hatton was undefeated to Shane Mosley was his toughest opponent to his big fight with Oscar, etc.

Floyd?....

Who picked Baldo over Floyd? Hatton was slipping long before he faced Floyd and though he won titles at WW he was given gift decisions and made his career there hit then hold hit then hold....No to mention his defense was tailor made not just for Floyd but any defensive fighter.....JMM had what 1 fight at LW before Floyd fought him and Floyd did not even come in on weight.....Oscar never beat a fighter who was P4P ranked in their prime his whole career....He could have beaten Floyd if he did not pull another Trinidad moment where he stopped fighting thinking he was up enough on the cards....Mosley was the most legit threat out of the 5
    You hate Floyd so much... it's amusing.

I dont really like him, but im sure the majority expected Froch to lose most of his last 5.
    Sorry but I don't play the fanboy/Hater game so you are confusing me with someone else......What did I post that was not true?....Baldo was the favorite going in that fight?....What was the scoring of the DLH fight?....Did he not come in over weight for JMM?...Has he not fought a minimal amount of times in 4 yrs?...Was Mosley not the most legit threat in those last 5 fights?...Considering he was the WW champ after his destruction of Margarito?....What {P4P fighter has Oscar beaten in thier primes?....Did DLH not stop using his jab in rd 10 - 12? did he not make the same mistake in the Trinidad fight?...Did Hatton not struggle at WW against fighters half the talent then Floyd?....Was he not given a gift over Collazzo?....C'Mon man get rid of the stupid kid shit and stick with facts.....

As for Froch yes many including myself expected him to lose many of the fights he won but somehow he came out on top....I liken him to Calzaghe in that aspect.....Everytime you think he will lose he finds a way to prove you wrong.....
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How is Floyde anymore of a true welterweight then Pac I mean the man highest weight fight night has been like 150 pac is 148. Neither are true welterweights and there last outings are the against almost the same exact people. Anyhow i guess if i had to go with top guys its Froch or maybe Martinaz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    How is Floyde anymore of a true welterweight then Pac I mean the man highest weight fight night has been like 150 pac is 148. Neither are true welterweights and there last outings are the against almost the same exact people. Anyhow i guess if i had to go with top guys its Froch or maybe Martinaz.
    I have not seen a recent fight night weight of PBF in HBO but just looking at Floyd standing next to Shane Mosely who usually comes in 160 lbs at fight night looks about the same size. Floyd should at least be close to 160 himself or at least 156 lbs IMO.
    PAC is about the same size as Juan Manuel Marquez in fact Marquez is an inch taller, and Marquez looks alot smaller than PBF when they fought.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd? What nonsense! Who on this planet ever regarded Baldomir as a legitimate threat? Who thought the Hatton fight SHOULD be at WW? Who can justify fighting a LW at a WW CW and then not even bother making weight? Mosley was the most legit opponent, but even he was pushing 40 and coming in off of an 18 month layoff. That is huge for an older fighter. He has taken good opponents and found ways to chip at them in terms of weight or age. He never fought them on even terms. Baldomir was just mediocre.

I agree with those that have suggested Froch, now that is who I regard as a true fighter. He is willing to take on anyone. Floyd could learn a lot from someone like Carl Froch.

Thread Information