Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does Paulie Mallignagi Tell Too Many Home Truths For His Own Good?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Does Paulie Mallignagi Tell Too Many Home Truths For His Own Good?

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Malignaggi comes across as decent guy on the whole, but he has obviously never got over the Hatton fight. It was a proper drubbing and Malignaggi is too proud to just admit that Hatton was just too good. I like him though and hope he can continue to build on the post Hatton showings.

I saw on some video that even that Amir Khan prick has got onto the anti Hatton bandwagon by calling Hatton "one dimensional" at some press conference. God, I hate Amir Khan. The guy is so incredibly thick and clearly doesn't think before speaking. I truly hope he fails miserably in this tranatlantic crossover. Send him back to England where apparently everyone is into him! Surely they aren't....

Sorry for hijacking the thread with that! I like the way Paulie says whatever he feels. It's refreshing to have that in boxing where it's either too respectful or just out and out trash talk.
    So when Khan says whatever he feels he's a prick, yet when Paulie does it, it's refreshing?
    I knew someone would call me out as soon as I reread my post. I didn't explain myself fully and see the contradiction. Apparently things are supposed to be pretty cool between Khan and Hatton so I don't think it is right for Khan to say that about Ricky. Khan was a little rattled by Malignaggi and just came out with it, but it was uncalled for IMO. You don't slag off people you are supposedly cool with and especially on a public stage like that.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    Malignaggi comes across as decent guy on the whole, but he has obviously never got over the Hatton fight. It was a proper drubbing and Malignaggi is too proud to just admit that Hatton was just too good. I like him though and hope he can continue to build on the post Hatton showings.

I saw on some video that even that Amir Khan prick has got onto the anti Hatton bandwagon by calling Hatton "one dimensional" at some press conference. God, I hate Amir Khan. The guy is so incredibly thick and clearly doesn't think before speaking. I truly hope he fails miserably in this tranatlantic crossover. Send him back to England where apparently everyone is into him! Surely they aren't....

Sorry for hijacking the thread with that! I like the way Paulie says whatever he feels. It's refreshing to have that in boxing where it's either too respectful or just out and out trash talk.
    So when Khan says whatever he feels he's a prick, yet when Paulie does it, it's refreshing?
    Khan comes accross as fake - One minute he'll trash talk somebody and the next he's on a big TV channel like ITV and he tries his hardest to be humble.

It's too obvious to me. He tried the whole "Well errr you know...hopefully the best man will win coz errr we're both warriors at the end of the day so errr...we'll see what happens on the night hopefully we just have a good fight" and you can just see him struggling to say nice things.

Paulie says what he wants and it always comes accross as genuine - I think that's the part I like about him. I don't have to think, "What is he REAAALY feeling/thinking?"
    I think sometimes Khan's comments are taken out of context. To me, what he's said about Hatton seems as though he's said it in response to something he has been asked. Everytime i see him he seems polite enough and confident.

He's a young lad aswell and he's still obviously finding his own identity. I just think a lot of people take what he says a little too seriously and as a result, out of context.

With that said, i do like Paulie. He cracks me up, i enjoy listening to him and that Nintendo Wii advert he did was legendary.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Paulie, he isn't anymore delusional than most boxers. He never claims to be the best. The only time he was really off was for the Hatton fight. Hatton completely had his number and even though he wasn't getting hurt very bad, McGirt stepped in and stopped it (wisely), while Malignaggi (ego-driven) wanted to go rounds. I think more so than anything else, Malignaggi was trying to have a selling point of "a guy who has never been stopped".
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan comes accross as fake - One minute he'll trash talk somebody and the next he's on a big TV channel like ITV and he tries his hardest to be humble.

It's too obvious to me. He tried the whole "Well errr you know...hopefully the best man will win coz errr we're both warriors at the end of the day so errr...we'll see what happens on the night hopefully we just have a good fight" and you can just see him struggling to say nice things.

Paulie says what he wants and it always comes accross as genuine - I think that's the part I like about him. I don't have to think, "What is he REAAALY feeling/thinking?"
    Yeah, that sums it up quite well. He comes across as very two faced. He will say Kotelnik is crap and then be fighting him and saying complimentary things a week later. He's simple in the head and doesn't come across as very genuine at all. Malignaggi is much more what you see is what you get. Sure, he's a little brash, but he seems quite real.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Paulie has that dreaded disease Engagitis. You know, where you engage your mouth before you engage your brain.

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think sometimes Khan's comments are taken out of context. To me, what he's said about Hatton seems as though he's said it in response to something he has been asked. Everytime i see him he seems polite enough and confident.

He's a young lad aswell and he's still obviously finding his own identity. I just think a lot of people take what he says a little too seriously and as a result, out of context.

With that said, i do like Paulie. He cracks me up, i enjoy listening to him and that Nintendo Wii advert he did was legendary.
    Agree completely

Khan wins fans over with his humbleness and ability not to get involved in any trash talking. At the same time though that sort of shit he spouted out before his last fight saying that if he were white he`d be a household name wont do him any favours whatsoever and his old man was spot on for telling us all he`d been a silly boy for saying it early doors.

Ultimately i really have no opinion on a good fighter trash talking. Its the ones that cant back it up, audley, zab, rahman etc that annoy people because their mouths run before their brain does.

As many have said on here YES malignaggi has a hell of a mouth on him and will talk himself up to be something he isnt time and time again. But he is also well knowledged in this sport and doesnt feel the need to hold back. Thats the kind of reverse cockyness that actually wins you over fans
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When I first saw Mallignagi I thought he was when of the biggest morons i'd ever seen. But then I got used to him and I know see him as a decent, honest and pretty funny guy.

In terms of his boxing prowess I think people on here are pretty harsh about him. If you didn't know any better you would think people were talking about a club level fighter that can barely throw a 1-2.
    He beat Diaz, someone who as Hammer said lots of people raved about, but instead of that boosting your opinion of Paulie it just took peoples opinions of Diaz down a notch or five.

I see him as a decent world-level fighter. Not the best, for sure, but a good test for most fighters out there. It seems that if you are a decent or good world level fighter some people will just throw you in the 'crap' catergory with everyone else. There has to be levels inbetween 'elite' and 'crap'.

As for Khan. He really annoys me nowadays. It started with the Barrera fight for me - the way he patronised Barrera after the fight was at best extremely ignorant. Also, as Miles says, he changes his opinion on a fighter from one week to the next. Personally I feel he has taken the whole boxer's bravado thing too far and just comes across as someone that has no true idea of his current place in the boxing world.

* Also, as a side note, I also can't stand how Khan refers to boxers 10-15 years his senior as a 'tough kid'. Thats me being petty I know but it bugs me.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He comes across as very two faced. He will say Kotelnik is crap and then be fighting him and saying complimentary things a week later.
    mayweather does this too. and even ali.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Paulie is great. Pure honesty. He's always seemed blunt in his assessments. He's never claimed that he would have beaten Hatton aside from McGirt, more that he could have given a far better performance. I don't see how anyone can dislike him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've never had a problem with paulie, people are turned off by confidence, usually those with not much of thier own.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    Paulie is great. Pure honesty. He's always seemed blunt in his assessments. He's never claimed that he would have beaten Hatton aside from McGirt, more that he could have given a far better performance. I don't see how anyone can dislike him.
    Uh? Mallignagi has always talks smack about fighters. Before he got beat by Hatton, he was saying after "I beat Hatton, I want to punish Pacquiao and then give Hatton a rematch."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i dont mind paulie, but man imagine being stuck in an elevator with him

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    i dont mind paulie, but man imagine being stuck in an elevator with him
    Yeah the oxygen would last about 20 minutes

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Powderpuff is a good talker, he knows how to sell himself, but is seriously overrated as an actual fighter.

The only reason he's still in "big" fights is his mouth and the fact he's not dangerous. He knows this too. I like him.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like him too. The best outburst was after the first Diaz fight, you couldn't not like that if you've seen one or two bs decisions over the years.

Thread Information