Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Abraham vs Dirrell

Ok, so who you got fellas? I'm excited about this one since I'm seeing it live at Detroit . Sh*tty undercard but hopefully there will be at least one more fight worth watching. Anyone see a fight live in Joe Louis arena btw?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Abraham vs Dirrell

I think Dirrell can win a decision here, so many angles switching up stances etc. Abraham will probably not be able to adjust. I think the late advantage goes to Abraham for sure as he will be testing Dirrell's chin in the latter rounds.

Still I have Dirrell UD with a lot of people still complaining about his style.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Next Saturday is packed with great fights

Moreno/Cermano
    Abraham/Dirrell
    Kameda/Wonjongkam
    Guzman/Funeka II
    Maidana/Cayo
    Henry/Garay
    Sithsamerchai/Kuroki

My computer's going to overheat from the stream action.

Have fun at the fights man!
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If dirrell is given andre ward like head butting privilages then i give him every chance on this one and stopping abraham on cuts

If however on this occasion the european fighter is given a fair crack at the whip it`ll be a abraham massacre
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah , its a huge weekend of fights. Wish all of those were at my venue thanks bro, ill definately have a good time . It'll make up for my last weekend . (wisdom teeth fun)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Dirrell can win this fight if he keeps Abraham on the end of his jab and uses a lot of movement, but I'm taking Abraham, simply cos I can't see Dirrell staying away from him for 12 rounds. Abraham must be better at cutting the ring off then Froch was so I see him getting to Dirrell at some point and stopping him.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It'd be nice if there was one on this weekend. All we have is one of the laboratory creations trying to bore us to death again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Direll has the speed and ability to beat abraham but not the heart. Direll should throw nothing but jabs till abraham drops that clottey like defense and try to counter as he tries to counter direll. The only shot i really see him having. Make abraham fight, or just wait him out till he wants to. Other than that it will be the same ole same. Abraham coving up and countering with power shots till he breaks direll down like everyone else. Funny when you think miranda of all non boxing people has actually come the closest to beating him
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    If dirrell is given andre ward like head butting privilages then i give him every chance on this one and stopping abraham on cuts

If however on this occasion the european fighter is given a fair crack at the whip it`ll be a abraham massacre
    Agreed. The whole thing was as controversial as the farce we had here last March in Manchester with Barrera. Ward was the home fighter and was allowed to get away with headbutt after headbutt. The travelling fighter was very poorly treated.

Abs could be in for somethig similar. If it goes 12 then Dirrels getting the nod whether he deserves it or not.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As much as it pains me to say it, I think Dirrell squeaks one out over here. I think Abraham will be too willing a partner for the clinching octopus. Dirrell slips the 1,2 and holds on for dear life... then scores points with jabs and flurries and runs for dear life while using the ring. Everyone here will Ooh and Aah over anything Dirrell lands and make it all seem worse than it is.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post

Agreed. The whole thing was as controversial as the farce we had here last March in Manchester with Barrera. Ward was the home fighter and was allowed to get away with headbutt after headbutt. The travelling fighter was very poorly treated.

Abs could be in for somethig similar. If it goes 12 then Dirrels getting the nod whether he deserves it or not.

yeah same here, abrahams punch count is far too low to be able to take a decision over dirrell in america

In germany its pretty much exclusive that you cant rough up abraham when his in his stance. He wont be allowed that outside of the mother land and fighters will be able to prize his defence apart and get into him.

If dirrell sufficently handles the power id be very surprised not to see him a UD victor on the night
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by gest12645 View Post
    Ok, so who you got fellas? I'm excited about this one since I'm seeing it live at Detroit . Sh*tty undercard but hopefully there will be at least one more fight worth watching. Anyone see a fight live in Joe Louis arena btw?

I have been to several fights there, it's not bad, it seats about 20,000 people and I'm sure it won't be sold out so try to grab a seat on one of the sides of the arena. Last fight I seen there was Hearns losing to Uriah Grant by tko but Hearns quit on the stool after twisting his ankle, I also seen Hilmer Kenty and Hearns win their first major titles their, Ernie Shavers vs Randall tex Cobb was on that card also, that was a boring sloppy fight with Cobb winning by tko or exhaustion, I seen Holmes ko Leon Spinks their too.

Hearns and Kenty were great but watching them both come up through the ranks at the old Olympia stadium was even better, that place was great to see a fight at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Style wise Dirrell is a nightmare for Abraham. Imo Dirrell is gonna out work him much like Taylor did in the fight but not fade after 4 rounds.Weather he can manage to not get hit by the bombs that AA will be throwing later in the fight is another thing but if he avoids them he wins the fight for me.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Guys, you gotta stop with that American bias nonsense. Not all places in the US are identical. Unlike you, we are a country of immigrants. Some areas have a predominantly Mexican population and some Armenian. If that fight had taken place in Palm Springs where it was originally scheduled, there would have been an Abraham bias because the crowd would have been almost entirely of Armenian descent. Now, I'll grant that it was a little odd that the fight was moved to Flint, Michigan, Dirrell's hometown because of an alleged injury. Sounds fishy. I can't lie. That said, Abraham is a fan favorite in the tournament and a knockout artist and the best competitor Dirrell has ever been in with. It should be a good fight as long as Dirrell doesn't stink out the joint.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post

Totally agree with that. Dirrell got away with murder last time out and wasn't penalised at all. It was all so blatant as well. I'm not all that impressed with Dirrell and all that 'god' bollocks does my head in. I hope Abraham covers his head properly and gets Dirrell out of there.

I didn't realise this weekend was so stacked. Cheers to KS for pointing that out. Should be fun!

Thread Information