Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pacquiao vs. Clottey confirmed today?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pacquiao vs. Clottey confirmed today?

Just saw this on ESPN.com.

Set for the new Cowboy's Stadium.
    I hope Clottey thoroughly flattens him after this whole drug-test debacle.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacquiao vs. Clottey confirmed today?

Quote Originally Posted by Oggie View Post
    Just saw this on ESPN.com.

Set for the new Cowboy's Stadium.
    I hope Clottey thoroughly flattens him after this whole drug-test debacle.
    yup read it on yahoo, hope Clottey brutally stops him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unfortunately Clottey doesn't have the offensive arsenal to do that, and he doesn't throw enough punches when the going gets tough, and he is too stationary of a target, even though he has tremendous defensive skills, Manny won't likely be landing on Clottey the same way he has on his recent previous opponents, but I just don't think Clottey has the determination to beat Manny even if he has the technical and physical abilities to do so. I mean Clottey has a great jaw, he has great technique, and he has very fast hands, but his style is all wrong against Manny.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Unfortunately Clottey doesn't have the offensive arsenal to do that, and he doesn't throw enough punches when the going gets tough, and he is too stationary of a target, even though he has tremendous defensive skills, Manny won't likely be landing on Clottey the same way he has on his recent previous opponents, but I just don't think Clottey has the determination to beat Manny even if he has the technical and physical abilities to do so. I mean Clottey has a great jaw, he has great technique, and he has very fast hands, but his style is all wrong against Manny.
    plus throw in that Pacquiao is juicing and it basically spells out "YOU'RE FUCKED" for Clottey

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That simple? I wish Floyd just said yes in the first place

Clottey is a very good Welter and I think it's a very dangerous fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seems like a bold move to stick it in a massive stadium like the Cowboy's one, I mean, Clottey is an unknown to the general Joe. I could understand it for a fight with Mayweather, but not Clottey.

My heart says Clottey batters Manny from pillar to post in humiliating fashion, but my head says Manny blitzes him with shots en-route to a clear enough decision. I'd love if I was wrong though, haven't been so annoyed by a fighter for quite some time as I am with Manny right now.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post
    That simple? I wish Floyd just said yes in the first place

Clottey is a very good Welter and I think it's a very dangerous fight.
    it kinda seems like this was Pacquiao and Arum's plan from the get go

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Top Rank know their fighters inside out. There's no way they'd risk putting Clottey in with golden egg Manny if he had any chance of beating him. I hope they've got it spectacularly wrong though.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont mind this fight at all really.Think Clottey is extremely live in it.Clear indicator....no matter the iffy and rancorous way it came about....that Manny is in the drivers seat.What Floyds million dollor option?A mega clash with Paulie...good luck with that......or its all one huge bluff and they are high fiving one another behind closed doors,TBA in a few weeks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I dont mind this fight at all really.Think Clottey is extremely live in it.Clear indicator....no matter the iffy and rancorous way it came about....that Manny is in the drivers seat.What Floyds million dollor option?A mega clash with Paulie...good luck with that......or its all one huge bluff and they are high fiving one another behind closed doors,TBA in a few weeks
    hell neither of those fights should be PPV

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    No doubt.I stopped grabbing my ankles with Pavlik/Rubio.Lets say a prayer for reliable streams.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    No doubt.I stopped grabbing my ankles with Pavlik/Rubio.Lets say a prayer for reliable streams.
    lets hope it ends up being an HBO doubleheader at the very least lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am surprised PacFans in other sites and YouTube are suddenly praising Clottey as Pac biggest challenge ever. Is it to just make it seem as if Pac is doing the right thing by facing Clottey?

I just can't see Clottey beating Pac. I guess the paycheck looked nice enough to make Clottey and his team not care about Pac's blood being tested.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow. Amazing how quickly things change. Here were some of us thinking this whole back and forth between Pac and Floyd was a publicity stunt...but that eventually the fight would get signed. I have to say...even though Floyd is no angel...Pac and his team have lost all credibility after this debacle. Fair or not...the PED question will linger over Pac for the rest of his career. If i was a fighter under any sort of suspicion...and had nothing to hide...i would allow the most advanced test to be administered (muscle biopsy being the highest on the list). The negative results would shut up all the doubters. But unfortunately...PED's are a modern reality. Thorough and advanced testing would reveal how deep the problem is. And that would not only be a major embarrassment to the athletes...but to their sports organizing bodies, to their sponsors, etc. The current system is a complete joke...and guys like Pac are particularly bad at their public relations.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by zhubin View Post
    Wow. Amazing how quickly things change. Here were some of us thinking this whole back and forth between Pac and Floyd was a publicity stunt...but that eventually the fight would get signed. I have to say...even though Floyd is no angel...Pac and his team have lost all credibility after this debacle. Fair or not...the PED question will linger over Pac for the rest of his career. If i was a fighter under any sort of suspicion...and had nothing to hide...i would allow the most advanced test to be administered (muscle biopsy being the highest on the list). The negative results would shut up all the doubters. But unfortunately...PED's are a modern reality. Thorough and advanced testing would reveal how deep the problem is. And that would not only be a major embarrassment to the athletes...but to their sports organizing bodies, to their sponsors, etc. The current system is a complete joke...and guys like Pac are particularly bad at their public relations.
    Once Team Pac wins the lawsuit, the general public will forget all about it though

For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Thread Information