Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Rematch?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Vasquez Marquez

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Vasquez Marquez

I vote no.

Marquez was dominating that fight before Vasquez quit. Vasquez quit for a legit reason...Marquez was rearaging his face.

I see no need for a rematch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Vasquez Marquez

I have noooooo idea what this thread is about! Vote no for a rematch? You're crazy. Rafa could have faded down the stretch,Vazquez is notoriusly strong in the last rounds,Vazquez could not breath properly etc etc. There has to and HOPEFULLY WILL be a rematch.Dude,how could you not want to see 2 P4P fighters rematch after that awesome fight?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    I have noooooo idea what this thread is about! Vote no for a rematch? You're crazy. Rafa could have faded down the stretch,Vazquez is notoriusly strong in the last rounds,Vazquez could not breath properly etc etc. There has to and HOPEFULLY WILL be a rematch.Dude,how could you not want to see 2 P4P fighters rematch after that awesome fight?
    I just see it as a waste of time for Marquez. Move on and add another name to your resume.

Nothing bothers me more than when a fighters career gets bogged down in rematches. If this was a close decision I would feel differently I suppose, but when one fighter has to bow out because his opponent punched him too many times it should be the end of it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla
    I just see it as a waste of time for Marquez. Move on and add another name to your resume.

Nothing bothers me more than when a fighters career gets bogged down in rematches. If this was a close decision I would feel differently I suppose, but when one fighter has to bow out because his opponent punched him too many times it should be the end of it.
    Whilst I totally agree that there are too many fightes bogged down in pointless rematches,this certainly would not be one of the. It just felt like unfinished business and the fight was moving along beautifully plus combine all the variables which mentioned above,and I titally disagree,this is one of those rematches which will be worth it first and second, a rematch with Vazquez is still the biggest fight at the weight for Rafa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Totally agree. I almost puked when they immediately started talking about Corrales Castillo matches because I knew that this would be a push for the same ole' same ole' at the end of the night.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205

Totally agree. I almost puked when they immediately started talking about Corrales Castillo matches because I knew that this would be a push for the same ole' same ole' at the end of the night.
    I politely choose to disagree with you here, Wacko...

A rematch is fair enough in this instance...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The people that dont want the rematch are scared for Marquez...they know Vasquez was coming back, too bad hes got a huge schnoz for a mexican. I was hoping for a "Million Dollar Baby" Moment where he breaks it and Vasquez comes out. I'm not taking anything away from Marquez he boxed beautifully(from what I hear) but I think a rematch is in order, due to the fact that Vasquez actually won the last round before he retired. It wasnt one sided at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Totally disagree Bg my bro..
    I saw both rafa and israel prepare and begin war and thats the show that they wanted to put on..
    Vasquez had a legit problem with his breathing..His nose an absolute mess.. and he was just not to continue.. and both have alot of respect for eachother and would put on another great showdown and earn another nice amount of money in a rematch..

Think about it this way..
    Fighters like floyd go through theyr entire careers bieng somewhat untouchable..
    Undefeated..Likely to stay that way.. and with some real class beatdowns..
    But nothing with the supreme watchability and legacy that is brought via extremely great fights like the one last night.. other examples are gatti - ward trilogies and barrera - morales trilogy...
    Both israel and marquez have that respect and had that eagerness to win last night..
    But at the end of the day israel saw sense.. He may have lost most rounds..But if we know anything of vasquez he is always in a fght and wasnt getting dominated.. Getting hit hard and behind but not dominated.. He was still giving back, showing heart and hitting rafa back hard..

Basically these are the legacy building fights of theyr careers and if i was either of them..
    Even rafael i would still take the rematch
    Peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest
    The people that dont want the rematch are scared for Marquez...they know Vasquez was coming back, too bad hes got a huge schnoz for a mexican. I was hoping for a "Million Dollar Baby" Moment where he breaks it and Vasquez comes out. I'm not taking anything away from Marquez he boxed beautifully(from what I hear) but I think a rematch is in order, due to the fact that Vasquez actually won the last round before he retired. It wasnt one sided at all.
    Vasquez ate an assload of leather last night & in the last round also...I think maybe you should watch the fight before making that kind of statement. See it for yourself & don't make an assumption based on what was said. Marquez was in control until he got dropped & he got back in the saddle just as quickly as he was knocked out.

It has nothing wrong with fearing for Marquez...some people just want to see Marquez continue onwards.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whilst I totally agree that there are too many fightes bogged down in pointless rematches,this certainly would not be one of the. It just felt like unfinished business and the fight was moving along beautifully plus combine all the variables which mentioned above,and I titally disagree,this is one of those rematches which will be worth it first and second, a rematch with Vazquez is still the biggest fight at the weight for Rafa.
    Completely agree here Vasquez was coming in with wins over Larios, Gonzalez and on some peoples lists he made top 10 P4P....
    As El Gamo stated I too like him and you BoxingGorilla think sometimes rematches aren't required in this case due to the caliber of the fighters and the fact that Vasquez was able to drop Marquez and did well for a few rds. shows that he desereves it....

And was in the fight.... Vasquez gave Marquez a shot at his title it's only right that Marquez gives him a shot! back....

But I see your point BoxingGorilla I just don't think it applies here....

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest
    Uuuummmm!!!
    I take it you haven't seen the fight....
    I was ringside and the punches that Marquez was landing were thumping hard punches with a lot of conviction....
    There this combination that Marquez lands on Vasquez forget which round it is but for a second I was able to see the look on Vasquez face as he was out of it and looked in la la land.....

And NO Vasquez did not win the last rd. (7th) Marquez won that round....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i was with my broad last night and she making switch back and fourth to cheaters. the only part of the fight i saw was when Marquez got knocked down. i also saw Vasquez lay back on the ropes because of a thumb. then when Marquez came over Vasquez let his hands go on Marquez and then the round ended. i turned back and the fight was over.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Heh I didnt see much of the fight but was goin off the rbr, I still think rematch is in order. Vasquez was Ring champ doesnt he deserve a rematch?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd love to see a rematch as the fight was entertaining as hell whilst it lasted. I don't see any different outcome than a Marquez beatdown of Vazquez though, but really thats kind of besides the point. Vazquez is always in entertaining fights, he always has a punchers chance, and he's more than earned the right to have an automatic rematch.

Who wouldn't want to watch it again?

Thread Information