Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Australian Open Tennis

Starting to warm up now, couple of shocks so far. Soderling going out first round bit of a shocker he has been great since he beat Nadal at the French, today good news for Murray probable 4th rnd opponent Monfils out so Murray now plays 33rd seed Isner for a place in the quaters where no doubt he will meet Nadal.

Im worried about Federer, he just doesnt beat the top players enough anymore I think he is something like 2-7 playing the top 5 players in the last 8 months.

I have had a little tenner on Davydenko at 12/1 to win it, he is now 8/1. He is the form horse he won the Masters Cup in London beating Federer Del Potro on the way and two weeks ago beat Federer and Nadal in a warm up event, he is scheduled to meet Federer in the quaters I think he wins it.

Im going for a Nadal/Davydenko final.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Australian Open Tennis

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Starting to warm up now, couple of shocks so far. Soderling going out first round bit of a shocker he has been great since he beat Nadal at the French, today good news for Murray probable 4th rnd opponent Monfils out so Murray now plays 33rd seed Isner for a place in the quaters where no doubt he will meet Nadal.

Im worried about Federer, he just doesnt beat the top players enough anymore I think he is something like 2-7 playing the top 5 players in the last 8 months.

I have had a little tenner on Davydenko at 12/1 to win it, he is now 8/1. He is the form horse he won the Masters Cup in London beating Federer Del Potro on the way and two weeks ago beat Federer and Nadal in a warm up event, he is scheduled to meet Federer in the quaters I think he wins it.

The Aussie open is infamous for ending up having a relatively lower ranked seed up against a top seed in the final.. Can almost always expect a couple of the top seeds to go out in unexpected losses..

That could end up being good money on Davydenko anyway..
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post

The Aussie open is infamous for ending up having a relatively lower ranked seed up against a top seed in the final.. Can almost always expect a couple of the top seeds to go out in unexpected losses..

That could end up being good money on Davydenko anyway..
    Yes I have notcied that over the years Johannasen.Bagdahtis,Gonzalez. Do you think it's down to the fact that the event is at the start of the season and the players are still getting into there rhythm?? I no there has always been players saying they would prefer the Open to be around March.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Murray has been looking pretty decent so far, fingers crossed he can keep it together. Federer is still very good, but you get the feeling that he might be on the start of the slippery slope. On his day he still beats anyone though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Murray has been looking pretty decent so far, fingers crossed he can keep it together. Federer is still very good, but you get the feeling that he might be on the start of the slippery slope. On his day he still beats anyone though.

I dont forsee we`ll ever see roger federer going out on his arse and truly believe he`ll carry on winning everything up until the day he gets bored

murray doing well so far but it is only round 3. Just like with every major tournament the competition wont truly begin until week 2
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post

I dont forsee we`ll ever see roger federer going out on his arse and truly believe he`ll carry on winning everything up until the day he gets bored

murray doing well so far but it is only round 3. Just like with every major tournament the competition wont truly begin until week 2
    You might be right, it's early doors yet and Murray hasn't really had the pressure put on him yet. It's good that he hasn't lost any sets yet though and is still looking fresh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont no mate im the biggest Federer fan and he is the best ever, but if you look closely at his record over last 12 months it doesnt show the full story, ok he won two slams which is amazing and hats off to him.

But in them slams he never met any of the infamous other three at the time Nadal,Djokovic,Murray. Now at the French he beat Del Potro in 5 but I dont think Del Potro is the same player now as he was then he was only ranked 7 in the world.

In the last 4 slams Federer has gone 1-2 when playing the top 5 i call it now since Del Potros win at the Us open. The only win was against Djokovic at the us open semi. He lost to Del Potro in the US Final and Nadal at the Aus Open. Like I said never faced any of the big players in the two slams he won, and overall his record since he won the French against the big boys is 2-7.

I just think Federer is struggling to beat the top guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hewitt plays federer tonight I think, i shall be watching that for sure. It would be awesome for a win tonight because its a Australia Day tomorrow (public holiday where we all get on the piss and celebrate being australian basically lol). I think what makes the aus open so challenging for players is that its soooo hot. Not everyone can bring their A game in that kind of heat.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok Stosur got smashed by Williams and then likewise Hewitt followed suit and Federer used him as a practice partner...............FUCK!!!!
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hewitt was playing like that pre-federer, nadal and winning majors.

Just goes to show how far the game has evolved thanks to federer. Incredible display by hewitt...but federer is just super human and its gonna take a huge downturn from that performance for the likes of nadal and djokovic to stand a chance
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hewitt was playing like that pre-federer, nadal and winning majors.

Just goes to show how far the game has evolved thanks to federer. Incredible display by hewitt...but federer is just super human and its gonna take a huge downturn from that performance for the likes of nadal and djokovic to stand a chance
    federer eats Hewitt for breakfast, I think he has beat him 15 times on the bounce and not been beaton for 7 years, lets not go over the top.

Davydenko is the form horse im saying he beats Federer in 4.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Choaker Murray has never had a better chance of beating Nadal. Nadal is getting better, but isn't the player he was and Murray is at his best at the moment. On paper Murray should win imo, but he's probably choke!

I think Federer v Davidenko has 5 sets writtena ll over it!!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    Choaker Murray has never had a better chance of beating Nadal. Nadal is getting better, but isn't the player he was and Murray is at his best at the moment. On paper Murray should win imo, but he's probably choke!

I think Federer v Davidenko has 5 sets writtena ll over it!!
    Have to agree there Big man, Murray has his best chance I dont think Nadal has been nowhere near his best since his injury last May, I think Murray has a great chance if he serves well he can win, but like you say he usually loses the big ones, but one saving grace was his performance in the Us semi against Nadal.

But if i had to put the house on it id take Nadal.

A stat I have just come across is quite scary in 88 Grand Slam matches where Nadal has won the first set he is 87-1 .

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it is predictable, Murray will lose to Nadal who will lose to Federer.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow on that form Murray is favourite imo especially with his semi draw.

Cillic beat him at the US Open but I cant see a repeat of that bit of a fraek enocunter that one, Murray should get to the final.

Not to sure about Federer/Davydenko, just watched his match v Verdasco and his serve deserted him in the last three sets add to that he will be mentally and physically fucked maybe Federer will win this.

Hope not with my bet , still not convinced with Federer though dont know why just see him slipping up if not Davydenko maybe Djokovic but if it is Federer/Murray final and Murray plays like he has today Federer will have to bring his very best to beat him.

Thread Information