Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Marcos Maidana: " I wouldn't give Floyd a Kiss " mmuahh

After being in training camp for almost six months so far this year WBA Super Lightweight champion Marcos Maidana is having his deserved vacation in his native Argentina. El Chino beat Erik Morales in April and made the first defense of his title last Sept. 23 in Buenos Aires, where he stopped Russian Petr Petrov in four rounds. Now the KO artist is waiting for news about his next fight.

“I am anxious to know who my next opponent would be. The sudden cancellation of the fight against (Robert) Guerrero last Aug. 27 changed our plans a lot. But things like those happen in boxing. The good thing is I was able to fight in front of my people. That was great but now I’m ready to go back to the big leagues,” Maidana said.

“We are in conversations with Golden Boy Promotions. My advisor, Sebastian Contursi, had a meeting with Richard Schaefer last week in Los Angeles and he told me that they are trying to secure a big fight for me, maybe in February. It could be the rematch against Morales if he dares after talking that much. Or (Humberto) Soto. However, if those two don’t want to fight I think I’ll have to move up to welterweight,” El Chino added.

“Eventually, most of super lightweight fighters will end up in the 147lbs division next year, and I will be one of them. Some people ask me if I’m ready for the big guys like Mayweather. Of course! He is the best in the world, but I’m ready for anybody. And I tell you what, I wouldn’t give Floyd a kiss, like (Victor) Ortiz did. It’d be quite a tough bout but I’d bring real war to him. It’d be do or die for me. He knocks me out or I knock him out, plain and simple,” Maidana said.

“We’re exploring all the possible options for Marcos. He could stay at 140lbs or move up to get possible rematches with Ortiz and Khan or a fight against Andre Berto. We’ll probably have an answer in the next few days when I meet Richard Schafer again. But Marcos needs to fight soon,” Maidana’s advisor Contursi said.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Marcos Maidana: " I wouldn't give Floyd a Kiss " mmuahh

He wouldn't even touch Floyd, that's not one to watch for. Maidana- Berto would be a war, I'd love to see that get made.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    He wouldn't even touch Floyd, that's not one to watch for. Maidana- Berto would be a war, I'd love to see that get made.
    That could be very explosive and would love to see that too.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

MM vs a few fighters would be good. But not against Floyd.
    Bradley
    Ortiz
    Khan
    Bradley
    Bailey
    Mike Jones
    Rios
    Lucas Matthysse

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ortiz tried kissing Mayweather several times, WTF was that all about? Vic needs to find him some pussy, he's looking for love in all the wrong places.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If the gun tattoo on maidana's waist were real , he still couldn't beat floyd. Or pac for that matter if that was his next stupid statement.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maidana is a slow slugger with no footwork , throws no combinations ,and has a shit defence , the only thing he would be kissing against Floyd would be Floyds gloves

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Ortiz tried kissing Mayweather several times, WTF was that all about? Vic needs to find him some pussy, he's looking for love in all the wrong places.
    It was quite peculiar. No boxer should be kissing another boxer. Even if the boxer is gay, just keep that stuff for in the home. The boxing ring is the office and you don't go groping other people. It is a form of sexual harassment. I would be very upset if anyone tried to kiss me, I guess Floyd was a bit upset too.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar View Post
    If the gun tattoo on maidana's waist were real , he still couldn't beat floyd. Or pac for that matter if that was his next stupid statement.
    And in a boxing ring that's true, however if you stuck em in a phone both my money's on mm. As most people mentioned I have no desire to see this, it would be reminiscent of the baldo fight...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unnecessary glove touching, excessive hugging and kissing are the biggest turn offs in Boxing. Shit like that are not acceptable in the ring, point blank. ( in or out of the ring, KiSSING is not allowed between men )

Kendall Holt is my dude but he got clocked with that two piece by Garcia and he deserved it too for acting a fool. After what happened to Ortiz, fighters should have learned a lesson by now but some guys still dont get it. From now on, whoever gets sucker punched gets no sympathy.. It's their own fault for not knowing better.

If some foo tries to pull that nice guy shit with me during a fight, damm right im going to take advantage of that fucker and release my own two piece..

All that glove touching fighters do, especially Mosley, makes me cringe.. Why the hell is that even necessary? Tap that glove once before the first bell and after the fight.. Anything in between is fair game..

This is blood sport, not no soft ass game of Badminton.. You wanna be a gentleman then get your ass to a golf coarse.

Fighters who stick their gloves out deserve to be chin checked.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    It was quite peculiar. No boxer should be kissing another boxer. Even if the boxer is gay, just keep that stuff for in the home. The boxing ring is the office and you don't go groping other people. It is a form of sexual harassment. I would be very upset if anyone tried to kiss me, I guess Floyd was a bit upset too.
    Not only did Ortiz kiss Mayweather, he tried to do it again, and he also trying to hug him several times, that was just some flat out gay shit. I remember Tyson kissing some of his opponents after he knocked them out, talk about weird. How would you like having someone who just knocked you out, coming over to give you a smooch, perhaps Tyson thought you were his bitch now, who knows.
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 10-22-2011 at 05:19 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He'll never get a fight with Floyd.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have a hard time seeing any crude brawler with no real defense having any chance against Mayweather. I criticize Mayweather, but know skills when I see them and it's so hard to land clean on the man. It's a pointless fight. As suggested before it would have echoes of the Baldomir fight or even the Gatti one. If Maidana were to go to WW I would like to see him fight Berto or even rematch Ortiz.

I agree Mars, the kissing has it's own time and place. No need for getting smoochy live on PPV. It is a bit weird.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No boxer should not be kissing on the lips, not on their first date, Ortiz should be embarrassed and start back at the bottom.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information