Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Harvey Dock screws Mike Perez

What he did tonight was "atrocious." Mike punch was already being thrown when Dock said "break." To screw a guy in the last round like that with a questionable call is just plain wrong. And Max and Weisfeld be dammed.

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Harvey Dock screws Mike Perez

I think a warning would have sufficed for that incident, but if I was officiating I would have docked Perez already for spoiling, holding, and leaning. One punch and then wading in huffing and puffing is not boxing and people deserve better. These are not 72 rounders anymore. Fight your 12, do it clean, and you've done your job. Perez didn't do his job.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by holmcall View Post
    What he did tonight was "atrocious." Mike punch was already being thrown when Dock said "break." To screw a guy in the last round like that with a questionable call is just plain wrong. And Max and Weisfeld be dammed.
    If you looked at just the punch in a vacuum maybe it could have been let go. But it came after a clear and intentional butt. Which was preceded only moments before by a clear and intentional butt. Which was preceded by round after round of Perez using his head, pushing Jennings head down, holding and generally spoiling because he didn't want to box.

He deserved what he got. If he had the will to train he probably would have boxed circles around Jennings. But instead he did everything he could to avoid a boxing match.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by holmcall View Post
    If you looked at just the punch in a vacuum maybe it could have been let go. But it came after a clear and intentional butt. Which was preceded only moments before by a clear and intentional butt. Which was preceded by round after round of Perez using his head, pushing Jennings head down, holding and generally spoiling because he didn't want to box.

He deserved what he got. If he had the will to train he probably would have boxed circles around Jennings. But instead he did everything he could to avoid a boxing match.
    Precisely Watson.

Chubster blatantly head butt Jennings then threw a punch on the break, after being dirty all night.

He lost the fight outright IMO anyway as he did jack shit the second half of the fight or the last 1/3 of the fight.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The ref made up for all of those non-calls on the holding that Perez got away with. It was an atrocious foul and he deserved to be penalized- all things considered.

The ref has in his discretion to penalize a fighter when he/she feels that the foul flies in the face of the rules, blatantly and without regard or discretion. That headbutt and punch on the ropes when the ref said to break was a clear violation, slap in the face and worth the point deduction- as Perez had lost all composure and the foul was as a result of that loss of composure.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All this fight tells us is Jennings really isnt that good.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    No, it didn't. It told us that he was/is who we said he was- a top contender.

Perez is no slouch. There is a reason why Perez was rated as high as he was. Jennings just slightly separated himself from the rest of the competition- those ranked in the #3 spot in the HW division and below.

My HW rankings today, in the top 5 are:

Wlad- Champ
    Pulev- 1 contender
    Jennings- 2 contender
    Wilder- 3 contender

And then everyone else is where you put them... you can put Perez somewhere between 4 and 7, depending on how much you like Fury, Takam, Arreola and the rest of the other top ten guys.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can you imagine Stiverne, Wilder or Klit against him?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And that Perez is devolving as a fighter! If Perez was in shape the fight would have been his easily. After 3 rounds I was thinking, Perez looks tired, is that possible? If you can't even bother to get in shape, you should get out of boxing! Forget the dirty fighting, that fat, out of shape turkey should have been DQed for trying to impersonate a fighter!
    Honestly, I can't figure out how some of these guys think. Did Perez really think he was giving a good performance, that boxing fans thought the fight was exciting, or that the fans would want to see him fight again?
    I'm not really defending Jennings, because he could have and should have done much better, but how can anyone look good against a fat, clinging leach like Perez?
    Some of us thought this might be the fight of the night. Man, how can we be so wrong about some fighters?!
    Maybe Perez has a medical problem? I know for sure that he is not improving. It really was a pathetic performance. Do you reckon the Abdusalamov fight could be his problem?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Abdusalamov fight could be his problem? But he needs to get in better shape.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Perez has more than a problem with the breakfast buffet. He literally looked aimless on top of physically lethargic and at times pretty uncoordinated. He mauled, hugged and fouled and half the time Jennings was fending off a wet blanket. Jennings rarely was able to get distance but when managed he was showing solid combinations and snapping Perez engine block of a head around. He def needs to sit down on that jab more and less pawing it, I don't think this one was a clear negative indicator against Jennings or what he isn't, but def more on what Perez is not and is unwilling or able to be. I still think Jennings does very well vs a Wilder and guys who come traditional stand up clean boxing for boxing, not that smother spoil blow kisses and phone it in garbage.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Perez has more than a problem with the breakfast buffet. He literally looked aimless on top of physically lethargic and at times pretty uncoordinated. He mauled, hugged and fouled and half the time Jennings was fending off a wet blanket. Jennings rarely was able to get distance but when managed he was showing solid combinations and snapping Perez engine block of a head around. He def needs to sit down on that jab more and less pawing it, I don't think this one was a clear negative indicator against Jennings or what he isn't, but def more on what Perez is not and is unwilling or able to be. I still think Jennings does very well vs a Wilder and guys who come traditional stand up clean boxing for boxing, not that smother spoil blow kisses and phone it in garbage.
    Wilder takes him out IMO.

Perez is behaving like Oldaner Solis, another fat, lazy, talented Cuban.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a close fight and the score cards should have reflected it. Perez looked better than Jennings in spots, and I agreed with the announcers, he looked like a different fighter in the second half of the fight than he was in the first half of the fight. Jennings also looked good in spots last night too. How about Povetkin - Jennings?

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Wilder takes him out IMO.

Perez is behaving like Oldaner Solis, another fat, lazy, talented Cuban.
    That's a bet I hope we get the opportunity to make. Ha, Solis! I started seeing shadows of the comeback version..the one who fought Chambers..of Sam Peter in the second half of the fight. Just blahh.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    It was a close fight and the score cards should have reflected it. Perez looked better than Jennings in spots, and I agreed with the announcers, he looked like a different fighter in the second half of the fight than he was in the first half of the fight. Jennings also looked good in spots last night too. How about Povetkin - Jennings?

Rat, IMO Povetkin would rip Jennings a new a-hole. Jennings is a gangly, spidery type of guy with not much power. He was not exactly breathing easy at the end last night. He has great reach and knows how to use it close in and that's unusual, but aside from The Rebel, I don't think he has ever been tested. Not impressed at all. Stiverne would KO him. Not as convinced about Wilder because he never has been tested and if Jennings takes him into the late rounds, I think its bye bye for Wilder. IF.

Thread Information