Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Jeff Lacy and Joe calzaghe

I feel that fight was just a fluke.........i think lacy just thought he was gonna knockout him out too easy so he didnt take the fight seriously. but i think if they fight again lacy will put him down in 5-7 rounds..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jeff Lacy and Joe calzaghe

Calzaghe is a much smarter fighter than Lacy. That's why he won. He forced and/or exposed Lacy as being one-dementional. Until Lacy works on some fundamentals, and don't let himself get tied up, the outcome would be the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i agree with you to a certain extent. i think lacy needs to improve on his boxing skills because in the world of boxing a boxer will always beat a slugger. and lacy thought he would just slug his way through calzaghe(not taking the match that serious). but now realizing how serious the match will be there will be a better outcome. im not saying a win but a very close match

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 130lb champ
    I feel that fight was just a fluke.........i think lacy just thought he was gonna knockout him out too easy so he didnt take the fight seriously. but i think if they fight again lacy will put him down in 5-7 rounds..
    the fight was a fluke?

an absolutely ludicrous statement!!! lacy came to the fight and found himself out of his depth, as simple as that. it was no fluke. calzaghe would beat him again if they were to fight again....no doubt in my eyes...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe u just need to actually see the fight for yourself....when a fighter loses EVERY single round ...its usually not a fluke

its no more of a fluke than Morales Raheem ....so i would bet u didnt even see the fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lacy got shit all skill compared to calzaghe, so what if your powerful....how the fuck does that help if you cant hit them.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lacy was in deep, and he drowned. Lacy would have to improve out of sight to even warrant a rematch let alone win one. Well done to Dan Birmingham for trainer of the year by the way
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is technically wanting big time and only landed to punches flush on Calzaghe in 12 rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    Lacy was in deep, and he drowned. Lacy would have to improve out of sight to even warrant a rematch let alone win one. Well done to Dan Birmingham for trainer of the year by the way
    It would be like tito asking for a rematch against wright...it would be stupid.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What is it you do not understand about boxing? Everything?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

jesus christ... no offence, but how the HELL was it a fluke when he made him look like a bum in every round?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it was no fluke, but yea i don't think we can completely throw Lacy out like some have been doing, he's young and showed that he has a great chin and amazing heart and courage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales
    it was no fluke, but yea i don't think we can completely throw Lacy out like some have been doing, he's young and showed that he has a great chin and amazing heart and courage
    Are you stupid and will not accept the lose? He is 29 and not young! The guy had over 270 fights and is NOT able to be better!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right guys, can someone tell me how the hell 29 years old is young??

Firstly he can come back yes he can, but to get back to a top draw level it's going to take 18 months, he says he is not figthing till October, so that will be a nice welcome back fight he will probably need another three-four fights before he is ready for the big fish in my eyes, so he is going to be getting on for 31/32, that is not young and especially for a guy who doesnt rely on his boxing skills and defence to win fights, he isn't young and he has had alot of ameatuer fights where his style has been moulded, he is decent but no way for me he will come back as a p4p fighter.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by New Wind
    Are you stupid and will not accept the lose? He is 29 and not young! The guy had over 270 fights and is NOT able to be better!
    no but you're obviously a jackass, when you compare a 29 year old with only five years pro experience and only 23 pro fights to a 33 year old with thirteen years experience and 41 pro fights, yea Lacy is still young, not so much in age, but in the fight game, you douche

Thread Information