Anthony Joshua ‘to have two fight deal with Deontay Wilder in UK and US’ as heavyweight star cools off in ice bath

Heavyweight world champions have failed to agree terms for an undisputed showdown for the past two years with offers being sent from both parties

ANTHONY JOSHUA could fight Deontay Wilder in both the UK and US as part of a two-fight deal, revealed the unified heavyweight champ’s manager.

The heavyweight world champions have failed to agree terms for an undisputed showdown for the past two years with offers being sent by both parties.

Joshua's manager Freddie Cunningham told Sky Sports the solution will be a two-fight deal with both boxers fighting on home and away soil.

Cunningham said: "I think if the fight is going to happen, it's going to be a two-fight deal whatever, so it's going to be one here and one there.

"It makes sense to do it that way. They are both huge names in their territories.

“Why not give the fans in America what they want and give the British fans what they want, so I think it will happen, possibly both, but I don't know which way around."

Wilder, 33, the WBC king, was advised to walk away from a three-fight deal presented to him by AJ’s US network DAZN.

The Bronze Bomber remained with Showtime for his last fight - a first round KO of Dominic Breazeale - while Joshua, 29, is left to face Jarrell Miller replacement Andy Ruiz Jr on June 1.

AJ, who was captured cooling down in an ice bath after training, defends his WBA, IBF and WBO belts at New York’s illustrious Madison Square Garden.

It will mark the Watford ace’s first venture in the US.

Joshua’s manager explained it is an opportunity for the unified champ to “showcase who he is” - with an emphatic KO sure to impress the US audience.

Cunningham added: "It starts with the fighting, his style, what he brings to the ring, the knockout will be the first part.

"Outside of it, I think it's just being himself. If you're one of those guys that maybe talks the talk you only go so far.

“You need to be a bit wider and he's got all the ingredients, he's personable. I think the American public like him as well.

“They seem to get on well with him, it's just showcasing who he is. Do everything in the ring, everything exciting there, and he can showcase who he is."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/boxin...ht-deal-us-uk/