Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Boxer Has Been in with the Tougest Opponents the Last 5 Times Out?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What Boxer Has Been in with the Tougest Opponents the Last 5 Times Out?

Quote Originally Posted by piye View Post
    This is silly the hardest last five fights

Firstly I'd say froch
    Then sergio martinez

Followed by Pac and Floyd.

People who discredit Floyds resume are just Haters.

Floyd has wins over Shane, Hatton, JMM, ODH, and pac has fought similar opponents no point letting your hatred for the guy detract from the facts.
    I'm all for facts, but facts taken away from context are quite meaningless. Sure, Floyd beat Marquez who is a very good fighter. But let's now add some context.

1) Marquez is a LW.
    2)The fight was made at a WW CW.
    3) Mayweather couldn't even make the weight.

Okay, Floyd beat a solid fighter. However, when you add the context it totally detracts from the victory. Rather than seeing it as hating on Floyd, I regard it as looking at the facts with the context duly pencilled in. In fact, I regard anyone who sees this as a significant Floyd win to be extremely deluded.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What Boxer Has Been in with the Tougest Opponents the Last 5 Times Out?

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    How is Floyde anymore of a true welterweight then Pac I mean the man highest weight fight night has been like 150 pac is 148. Neither are true welterweights and there last outings are the against almost the same exact people. Anyhow i guess if i had to go with top guys its Froch or maybe Martinaz.
    I have not seen a recent fight night weight of PBF in HBO but just looking at Floyd standing next to Shane Mosely who usually comes in 160 lbs at fight night looks about the same size. Floyd should at least be close to 160 himself or at least 156 lbs IMO.
    PAC is about the same size as Juan Manuel Marquez in fact Marquez is an inch taller, and Marquez looks alot smaller than PBF when they fought.
    Floyd does not rehydrate to 10-15 pounds, he usually does it 1 or 2 pounds especially for the JMM fight, Jazmerkin pointed this out and read it in his official Ring Magazine that he got. And Floyd has never rehydrate that much in a fight ever. Let's not make things up.

Mentioned
    1682 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch no doubt and he deserves credit for it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    How is Floyde anymore of a true welterweight then Pac I mean the man highest weight fight night has been like 150 pac is 148. Neither are true welterweights and there last outings are the against almost the same exact people. Anyhow i guess if i had to go with top guys its Froch or maybe Martinaz.
    I have not seen a recent fight night weight of PBF in HBO but just looking at Floyd standing next to Shane Mosely who usually comes in 160 lbs at fight night looks about the same size. Floyd should at least be close to 160 himself or at least 156 lbs IMO.
    PAC is about the same size as Juan Manuel Marquez in fact Marquez is an inch taller, and Marquez looks alot smaller than PBF when they fought.
    Floyd does not rehydrate to 10-15 pounds, he usually does it 1 or 2 pounds especially for the JMM fight, Jazmerkin pointed this out and read it in his official Ring Magazine that he got. And Floyd has never rehydrate that much in a fight ever. Let's not make things up.
    not trying to nake things up just speculating, if he was Pac's size then how come he can't even make the 144 lb catchweight limit vs JMM? Pac recently comes in this weight at weigh ins.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can somebody please post an actual screenshot of PBF's fight night weight, I haven't seen one.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

not trying to nake things up just speculating, if he was Pac's size then how come he can't even make the 144 lb catchweight limit vs JMM? Pac recently comes in this weight at weigh ins.
    Because he didn't care or want to. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a problem making the catchweight, his ring weight fighting JMM was 149 or so as said by Jazmerkin. Jaz also pointed out what page it was in that particular print edition of the Ring. And I've always considered Jaz to be knowledgeable with boxing and one that isn't a nuthugger of any fighter. So if FLoyd's ring weight is around 149 and JMM's ring weight usually coming into fights now is around 145-148, Floyd beat JMM with his skills not size advantage as people have been saying.

And no Floyd is not a natural welterweight, a natural welterweight would be around 157+ on fight night.

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd Jr. With the exception of the Marquez fight his last 5 opponents were given a good chance to beat him. From Baldomir was too big and a natural welter to Ricky Hatton was undefeated to Shane Mosley was his toughest opponent to his big fight with Oscar, etc.

Seems ridiculous now tho, doesn't it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Because he didn't care or want to. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a problem making the catchweight, his ring weight fighting JMM was 149 or so as said by Jazmerkin. Jaz also pointed out what page it was in that particular print edition of the Ring. And I've always considered Jaz to be knowledgeable with boxing and one that isn't a nuthugger of any fighter. So if FLoyd's ring weight is around 149 and JMM's ring weight usually coming into fights now is around 145-148, Floyd beat JMM with his skills not size advantage as people have been saying.

And no Floyd is not a natural welterweight, a natural welterweight would be around 157+ on fight night.
    Could you post a screenshot or atleast a scanned copy of that issue. I am just dumbfounded by the fact that Foyd Mayweather Jr is a mere 149 pounder
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd Mayweather Jr - Boxer

2007-05-05150Oscar De La Hoya15438-4-0MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada, United StatesWSD1212
    referee: Kenny Bayless | judge: Chuck Giampa 116-112 | judge: Jerry Roth 115-113 | judge: Tom Kaczmarek 113-115
    WBC light middleweight title

vs.

Manny Pacquiao - Boxer

2010-11-13144½Antonio Margarito15038-6-0Cowboys Stadium, Arlington, Texas, United StatesWUD1212
    referee: Laurence Cole | judge: Oren Shellenberger 119-109 | judge: Juergen Langos 120-108 | judge: Glen Rick Crocker 118-110
    vacant WBC light middleweight title (supervisor: Jose Sulaiman)
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Could you post a screenshot or atleast a scanned copy of that issue. I am just dumbfounded by the fact that Foyd Mayweather Jr is a mere 149 pounder
    Like I said Jaz stated it was in Ring, I don't question the guy on these things because he has arguably the best boxing knowlege here right next to Cutmemick and is pretty unbias when it comes to boxing. If you want go pm him and ask the exact issue it was.

BTW, can you answer me why Pac said he's afraid of needles but has tatoos all over his body? No one any boxing forum has been able to answer this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like I said Jaz stated it was in Ring, I don't question the guy on these things because he has arguably the best boxing knowlege here right next to Cutmemick and is pretty unbias when it comes to boxing. If you want go pm him and ask the exact issue it was.

BTW, can you answer me why Pac said he's afraid of needles but has tatoos all over his body? No one any boxing forum has been able to answer this?
    because he does not get tats a few days before a fight. What does this got to do with fight night weights?
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sugar Shane Mosley vs Floyd Mayweather Tonight - Shane Mosley - Zimbio

I just can't fathom PAC being the same size as PBF.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can you see how Marquez's body is not as lean as Floyds? Marquez will not rehydrate as much compared to the much bigger but leaner Mayweather.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The size disparity is quite obvious considering Shane is 5'9" to PBF's 5'8" frame. But Shane has not dwarfed Floyd by this much.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At this weight 144 lbs PAC is obviously not as lean as shown with the lack of muscular definition and still looks small. So you guys decide PAC is naturally the same size as Mayweather

*This is the frame and built that is MAXED OUT and is NOT REHYDRATING much anymore.*
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Thread Information