2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Khan eyeing P4P title WTF

KHAN EYEING P4P STATUS
    Date: 14 Jul : Author: Iain Axon

Amir Khan says that victory on Saturday night will pave the way to a series of lucrative fights with the very best boxers in the world.

And the 22-year-old believes that not only can he fight the best, but he can become the best with the help of trainer Freddie Roach.

Khan challenges Andreas Kotelnik for the WBA light-welterweight title at the MEN Arena, Manchester, on Saturday night.

Sky Box Office televise live.

And while Khan insists that he is fully focused on the clash with the Ukrainian, he can't help but look forward to potential big money fights which could be made come victory.

One possible opponent on the agenda is Ricky Hatton, who is looking for one last hurrah to end his career following a painful defeat against Manny Pacquiao earlier this year.

"People keep asking me about the Ricky Hatton fight and other big fights" Khan told the BBC.

"The fight with Ricky - if it happens, it happens. We are both not pushing it, we're both going to see what the promoters say. We'll leave it with promoters and if the fight is made, it's made.

"We'll see what happens in the future but I've got bigger things to do at the moment, a world title fight.

"To win a world title in this day and age with the likes of Manny Pacquiao, (Juan Manuel) Marquez, (Floyd) Mayweather (Jr) in the same weight category - its going to catapult me and put me right at the top."

And Khan believes that if he continues to make improvements under Roach, he could soon be challenging Pacquiao and Mayweather for the mantle of best P4P fighter in the sport.

"Hopefully in a year's time [or] two years' time Freddie will make me a machine, make me a fighter like Manny Pacquiao or better," he told The Guardian.

"I'm one of those fighters who want to achieve the best, who never ducks some fights, who always take risks, and that's what I do.

"And this fight now I'm taking a risk by going up a weight, fighting someone at a world level for a world title, but that's me."

i really want Kotelnik to win this one

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan eyeing P4P title WTF

Although it looks like he up to his old tricks again running down cyclists and predestrians

Khan, 22, was behind the wheel of his Range Rover when the accident happened in his home town of Bolton on Sunday night.

The cyclist suffered a head injury and was taken to hospital. His injuries are not thought to be serious.

A spokeswoman for Greater Manchester Police said: "At 9.40pm on Sunday 12 July 2009, police were called to Moor Lane, Bolton, following reports of a road traffic collision.

"Officers attended and discovered a Range Rover had collided with a cyclist.

"The cyclist suffered a head injury in the collision and was taken to hospital by ambulance for treatment.

"His injuries are not believed to be life threatening.

"No one else was injured in the collision.

"Inquiries are ongoing."

Khan, who first shot to fame as a teenager by winning a silver medal at the Athens Olympics in 2004, has twice been in trouble with police over his driving.

In October 2007 he was convicted of careless driving after he went through a red light and injured a pedestrian.

He was driving his £87,000 BMW convertible in Bradshawgate, Bolton, when he struck Geoffrey Hatton on a pelican crossing. Mr Hatton, 55, suffered a broken leg in the incident.

Khan was cleared of dangerous driving, but found guilty of careless driving. He was given a six-month driving ban and fined £1,000.

Three months later he was back in court to face magistrates for an earlier offence of speeding.

A police officer said his own speedometer was "off the clock" at 155mph as he pursued the boxer on the M62 motorway near Rochdale.

He was fined £1,000 and banned for 42 days for speeding in his BMW.

On Saturday Khan will fight Andreas Kotelnik for the WBA world welterweight title in Manchester, his first attempt to win a world title.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His punishments have been pretty pathetic havent they. Ive never hit anyone yet I got fined more and got a longer ban and had to do CS. He is given a laughable fine which to him doesnt even make a dent in his lose change.

Now he wants to be p4p king. Its a bit soon to be talking about that when he has never beaten a decent fighter ( headbutting a washed up Barrera doesnt count ) A couple of fights agao he was laid out in less than a minute vs a nobody but that doesnt seem to have humbled him at all

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At the same time if you aren't in boxing to be the best or to be somewhere on the p4p lists eventually then why the hell are you in boxing? In my opinion there's no reason to bash someone who wants to be the best. Would you rather he say something like "I'm gonna do the bare minimum just to make a bunch of money and quit right before I accomplish anything special just to screw with the fans"
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan is an idiot, plain and simple. He continues to run his mouth and talk complete and utter rubbish. Nothing would give me greater satisfaction than to see him thoroughly humiliated this weekend.

He hasn't even won a belt and he's raving on about being potential PFP material. He is a mentalist. No way this ridiculous human being lives up to his half arsed claims.

Come on Kotelnik, spark this insidious lemming of a man!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Khan is an idiot, plain and simple. He continues to run his mouth and talk complete and utter rubbish. Nothing would give me greater satisfaction than to see him thoroughly humiliated this weekend.

He hasn't even won a belt and he's raving on about being potential PFP material. He is a mentalist. No way this ridiculous human being lives up to his half arsed claims.

damn miles, u really dislike this dude

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    At the same time if you aren't in boxing to be the best or to be somewhere on the p4p lists eventually then why the hell are you in boxing? In my opinion there's no reason to bash someone who wants to be the best. Would you rather he say something like "I'm gonna do the bare minimum just to make a bunch of money and quit right before I accomplish anything special just to screw with the fans"
    You know there are ways to say things when you have not proved yourself eg im learning all the time and have a dream......etc etc....a humble comment will gain more respect then i will be.... when i have not been in with a decent fighter and no i dont count MAB in there he was blinded in the first round.
    Out of all the GB Olympians the most popular ones are the most humble!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan is victim...of hype over achievement. You can't blame the guy for saying the things he says. He has to sell the fights and fill the arenas - although I suspect that arenas are starting to fill with as many people looking to see him get beat as there are those who are there to see him win.

Shame. When all said and done, he's a British propect with a genuine world title shot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    His punishments have been pretty pathetic havent they. Ive never hit anyone yet I got fined more and got a longer ban and had to do CS. He is given a laughable fine which to him doesnt even make a dent in his lose change.

Now he wants to be p4p king. Its a bit soon to be talking about that when he has never beaten a decent fighter ( headbutting a washed up Barrera doesnt count ) A couple of fights agao he was laid out in less than a minute vs a nobody but that doesnt seem to have humbled him at all
    Still a cocky, full of himself bastard that is totally ignorant to the fact that everything he has acheived as a pro has been given to him on a plate.

He is more up his arse than Floyd Mayweather these days. The Prescott loss I think has been erased from his brain in a lab in Franks shed or something.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chip, you're fond of this title/story, right?

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...title-wtf.html
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yes cant help it mate he winds me up

i will post it and post it and post it.........................

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by paddy448 View Post

I sure do!

That Barrera fight was disgusting and Khan has been under my skin ever since. I just can't find it in me to like the guy, whenever he opens his mouth I just want to shove a brick in it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by paddy448 View Post

I sure do!

That Barrera fight was disgusting and Khan has been under my skin ever since. I just can't find it in me to like the guy, whenever he opens his mouth I just want to shove a brick in it.
    Honestly, Kahn's words sometimes truly are the ramblings of a mad man. I think he has some serious speed and combination punching to rival the best, but, and this is the very definition of inevitable, he is going to get knocked flat out again, and it will be before he fights a world class operater. Never fear miles.... It will happen....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

God forbid, but Khan will be in suicide watch after he loses to Koltenik.

Thread Information