Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Marquez-Diaz undercard is set....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Marquez-Diaz undercard is set....

and it's a good one. Joel Casamayor vs Robert Guerrero, Daniel Jacobs vs. Dmitry Pirog and Jorge Linares vs Rocky Juarez. I may have to buy this PPV.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Marquez-Diaz undercard is set....

Quote Originally Posted by MMASUX View Post
    and it's a good one. Joel Casamayor vs Robert Guerrero, Daniel Jacobs vs. Dmitry Pirog and Jorge Linares vs Rocky Juarez. I may have to buy this PPV.
    I must get this.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sounds like a good card, which will make up for the bullshit main event. Jacobs - Pirog really interests me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Sounds like a good card, which will make up for the bullshit main event. Jacobs - Pirog really interests me.
    Agreed....a rematch on ppv of two guys coming off losses, especially diaz who arguably has lost four of his last five. Jacobs is fun to watch but pirog is a guy i've never even heard of nor any of the people he's fought. And sadly rocky juarez vs anyone is a fight hard to get excited about. But i'm a boxing fan above all so ...yea i'll buy.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar View Post
    Agreed....a rematch on ppv of two guys coming off losses, especially diaz who arguably has lost four of his last five. Jacobs is fun to watch but pirog is a guy i've never even heard of nor any of the people he's fought. And sadly rocky juarez vs anyone is a fight hard to get excited about.
    I don't know much at all about Pirog, but he looks like a solid prospect and there are a ton of videos of him on youtube. I just watched part of his fight with Kofi Jantuah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I assume this means Amir Khan won't be fighting Casamayor then in July/August?

Hopefully this means he has Michael Katsidis lined up instead but can't see it happening at short notice myself.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a better than normal PPV undercard but it's a not really a PPV fight. GBP's contract with HBO expires next year and that should mean much better fights for your subscription/PPV dollar.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, pretty solid card. Not sure I want to Juarez again though, he just won't go away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

a great undercard to go along with a great main event. juan diaz may not be the fighter he once was but i believe he and marquez make a great pair in the ring. robert guerrero should beat casamayor only because of his youth. for the linares/juarez fight, i see this one as a tough fight with linares coming out ahead. juarez simply has had too many chances to win any type of title. after this loss, i hope juarez retires.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not really sure why ppl would want Juarez to retire after another loss? He lost to the best in the division everywhere he went, but he is competitive and coming a long way around to becoming champ. Marquez, Barrera, and CJohn? Geez I'd hate to be in any of those fights. Surely, Juarez has come away with experience that even the best trainers can't provide him with.

I give him accolades, but I do think that someone needs to light a fire under his ass. He wouldn't even fight Jorge Barrios until is was almost too late. He was fortunate to find his rhythm at in that fight. Against CJohnin their last fight he did have him bobbling around the ring in the 12th... I just think he is trying to pace himself a little too much, and he needs to trust his power to slow his opponent down to his level. He has the tools... Maybe its the trainer?

And don't be all too surprised if Diaz comes away with the win. Marquez could get old overnight. I just don't see this being the barn-burner we saw last year.
    "Floyd needs to inject Xylocaine into his balls to gain the courage to fight Pacquiao."

- and I quote from some random guy on the internet

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyFolds View Post
    Not really sure why ppl would want Juarez to retire after another loss? He lost to the best in the division everywhere he went, but he is competitive and coming a long way around to becoming champ. Marquez, Barrera, and CJohn? Geez I'd hate to be in any of those fights. Surely, Juarez has come away with experience that even the best trainers can't provide him with.

I give him accolades, but I do think that someone needs to light a fire under his ass. He wouldn't even fight Jorge Barrios until is was almost too late. He was fortunate to find his rhythm at in that fight. Against CJohnin their last fight he did have him bobbling around the ring in the 12th... I just think he is trying to pace himself a little too much, and he needs to trust his power to slow his opponent down to his level. He has the tools... Maybe its the trainer?

And don't be all too surprised if Diaz comes away with the win. Marquez could get old overnight. I just don't see this being the barn-burner we saw last year.
    I actually think that Diaz is more likely to look completely shot in this fight. He's looked godawful lately and if Paulie Malignaggi hurts you it probably means your chin isn't what it once was.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really think Marquez Is going to pick right up where he left off with Diaz.Wouldn't be suprised if it's somewhat one sided and the more hum drum match on the card.Juarez is a one trick pony and must have compromising pics of some execs family to keep getting oppurtunity...wonder if Linares chin has been been Jack n the boxed but hope he gets back to form and beats Oba carr convincingly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

linares-juarez should be a great fight.

Really good undercard, shame the main event is so lame
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyFolds View Post

I actually think that Diaz is more likely to look completely shot in this fight. He's looked godawful lately and if Paulie Malignaggi hurts you it probably means your chin isn't what it once was.
    I agree with this. I can't see anything other than a Marquez win.

Thread Information